Fun Run Day S.E. Michigan Sat. Oct. 21st You are invited!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Stollfuss

The Ford Model Boat Club would like to extend an invitation to anyone in the S.E. Michigan area to our last club fun run day which will be held Saturday, October 21st at our practice pond in Dearborn Michigan. This will be open to anyone with a current IMPBA card. (For insurance reasons) We will get started around 11:00am and we will be able to run until dusk. There are two retrieve boats on site, and we also have a small dock to launch boats from. The course is marked with buoys although it is a little shorter then a normal race course. If we have enough boats of the same type we will have some heat races also. The club will provide Burgers, Hotdogs & Soda and I also have some other give away stuff for everyone in attendance. This date will be dependant on the weather so if it is a cold rainy day we will cancel the date. But we usually have some really nice days in October so this will give anyone interested one last day to get together before the water freezes over for the year. If anyone is interested in attending please send me a quick note at: [email protected] so we can get a count for the food and I can give specific directions for anyone that needs them.

Thanks!

Josh Stollfuss.

Hello Josh I'm planning to be there early, but don't think I will be able to stay the whole day....

Sounds good Chris, Give me a call if you can one day next week. I lost your number when my old cell died on me. I'm going to run down to that R/C swap meet in Taylor for a little bit on the morning of the 21st, and then plan to be at the pond by 10:30-11:00am.

Josh-

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to run down to that R/C swap meet in Taylor for a little bit in the morning of the 21st, and plan to be at the pond by 10:30-11:00am.

Josh-
Josh,

Can you give me the details of swap meet? Who, What, Where, and When...

Thanks

Mike

Attached is a flier for an R/C Swap meet in Taylor, I have no idea what kind of stuff will be there. But I thought I would check it out. If anyone is interested the FMBC pond is only about 10-15 mins from the location of the swap meet. So feel free to stop by. Bring a boat, and your IMPBA card, and make a few runs.

Josh-

Hey Josh get with Bill I think that swap meet got postponed!!!!! I am not positive But check with him...

There was supposed to be a Swap Meet earlier this month at the Gibralter Trade center that was postponed due to lack of interest. The one on the 21st is still on as far I know, It's the one sponsored by Riders Hobby Shops.

Josh-

Hey,Thats great.If I can swing it,I would like to come out with some FE stuff.Would the guys mind if I showed up with an FE 8th scale and sport 40 ??

Sure Dennis, everyone is welcome. I'd like to see some FE stuff run.. PM me if you would like directions?

Josh-

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be really interested in the 1/8 scale too. Hey Josh let me know what else we will be needing?? And for how many people

We are still on for Saturday. Starting around 11:00am. Weather may just cooperate for us. We also have smoked baby back ribs on the menu courtesy of Scott Tonak one of our club members.

Josh-

Latest posts

Back