Kalamazoo Fun Run '07

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron,

I will do a video again. As usual all I need is all the video and pics taken that day. I wish I could make it. If you need my e-mail or snail mail let me know.

Wade,

Maybe we can make it to the lake next week. I think I will still be slow but I can not guarantee it.

Mark,

Sounds good. Mark has passed on some changes to me along the way. I have not made any yet. I was way to busy this winter and didn't touch any of my boats.

Ron, I had forgotten about the door prize, what time do you think you will do the drawing? like i said, I won't be able to be there until around 1:00 or so.

I think that I may try to make it over for this one and I'll drag Mike Crawford with me if I can....

Mark (OB Nut) will you be brining your Gas Tunnel? Have you gotten any word back regarding the flex cables?

I broke the last one I had the other day.. although I will say that it was running exceptionaly well and handling like a dream....

Is there a flyer somewhere? What tunnel classes will be running?

Thanks for the info

Bill Van Kirk

His and Hers Hobbies

Hi Bill,

The Fun Run is just a fun run.There's no formal racing or classes.

It's a get together with some friends and open water.

Ron Olson hosts it every year and sets Bouys to run.

We hope to see you there.

I'm hoping to have my big tunnel done by than.

It's all rigged and disassembled again just to clear the hull.

The hull is all sanded and if I can get someone to clear it,we're good to go.

I'm wondering if Mark's bringing his also.

Hmm...... he's gonna need a trailor for the Jeep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, it's a run what ya brung event, no classes or formal racing. We had .12 'rigger run up against Gas Cat but otherwise try to keep the boat sizes close on the water. No tropfies but we do have a drawing for an Aeromarine Mean Machine 18 that is supposed to be here tomorrow donated by Offshore Electrics.

There might be driving directions further back in the thread. If not, let me know where you're coming from and I'll get you here.

After talking with Mike and Chuck, it seems that we WILL be coming over for the fun run... can someone email me some directions to the pond?

Mike and I will be bringing "B" and "D" Tunnels and possibly the gas tunnel if I get parts in time. I have ordered some new flex shafts to try and hopefully they will be here in time for me to put together a couple of them for testing.

Not sure what Chuck will be bringing to run.

See you all in a couple of weeks

Bill

Here goes the Fun Run down the drain.. :angry: Cheeseheads are coming :huh: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill, last I heard from Fred (few days back) he was busy for week and half with a sick b-i-l... He's trying to find softer cable and/or a thinner cable sheath... Hopefully he will have one/two for me before the Fun Run. Fred also stated that Chris Fine (Fine Design) is running a large 7hp EP on the Lawless and has yet to break a cable. He is using lots and lots of oil. I'm going to setup a remote oiler to hopefully take care of any issues. Also, Bob Kensill is working on making replacement cables for me. We'll see what comes up in the near future.

Right now, I'll have a couple of B and D tunnels along with the gasser.

After talking with Mike and Chuck, it seems that we WILL be coming over for the fun run... can someone email me some directions to the pond?
Mike and I will be bringing "B" and "D" Tunnels and possibly the gas tunnel if I get parts in time. I have ordered some new flex shafts to try and hopefully they will be here in time for me to put together a couple of them for testing.

Not sure what Chuck will be bringing to run.

See you all in a couple of weeks

Bill
Hi Bill,

Glad you guys are going to make it.

I'm looking forward to meeting Mike and yourself.

And I see my pinball buddy Chuck's coming too.Great!

Looks like My gasser should be there too,It should be cleared by the weekend.

Hmm.... better call Fred too.No extra flexes here either.

See ya'll soon

Bill, shoot me a PM or an e-mail and let me know which direction that you're coming from. We're kind of Northeast of US-131 and I-94.

The Aeromarine MM 18 showed up tonight while I was at work. We've got a blue one to hand out. Wade wants me to wait for him to show up before we have the drawing for it at he has a soccer game to go to before making the run down here.

The boat is in bad need of a stand for it so maybe I'll throw one together for it. I also got some props in today from Gary so if it needs a better one, I'll add one to it.

I thought when the cheeseheads show up the group as a whole got better....... hmmm thats what I keep telling myself anyhow..... :rolleyes:

I have a couple of cables coming in that are a fine wind and are supposed to be much more flexible. I will have to cut and solder them myself as they are actually 18" long inboard square drive cables but that doesn't bother me. The guy I was talking to says they are just as strong but MUCH more flexible. I should have them in the boat when I come over.

As for oiling, I have used about as much oil as a person can possibly put in there and still are breaking cables.... my only other thought was that the oil I am using may be too thick....

Unfortunately my Mod-VP wont be done in time to come along, but thats alright, maybe next time.

See you guys in a couple of weeks

Bill

Bill,

Are you using a remote oil bottle or just lubing the flex cable?

At the tunnel champs, he did not have a remote oiler.. Neither did I.. When I get a chance, I will create one. Just need to find a suitable oil tank.

Mark,

The boys down under told me that you need plenty of lube in our lowers.

I was told,when you think the tank is big enough,double it.

I did not have a remote oiler.... but the unit itself holds an enormous amount of oil if you fill it up until it starts coming out the top.... I can see the need for lots of oil, but that much oil for 8 laps tells me that there is a problem with the system.

Bill

I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys in KZ, but I'm having an out patient operation next friday so I'll just have to see how it goes. I really don't want to miss this one and I'll do my very best to get there.

Don :(

I hope that everything goes fine Don whether you make it here or not. Don't forget the wife and dog. Walt brought his dos last year and maybe when my wife shows up I'll have her bring along one of ours.

Pets are welcome at the park as long as they're leashed.

Don,

I hope it is nothing serious. I hope you can make it. maybe this time we can run our 12 riggers together.

Wade

Don,

Make sure you tell them that they are going where no other man has gone before :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope all goes well.. Would like to see you there this year!

Hey all, remember Dale from the first two years? Saw him at the Dayton race. Forgot to tell him of the Fun Run... <_<

Latest posts

Back