JAP/JAE .12G construction

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are people using Glen's NR.12 engines getting cooling to the head ? Solinger's rudder has no pick up ??

How are people using Glen's NR.12 engines getting cooling to the head ? Solinger's rudder has no pick up ??
By annealing and bending a piece of 1/8" brass tubing and placing it behind the prop.......

You then run it through the radio box up to the engine compartment

I will try to find a sketch or photo of how to do this and post it later.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Per picture directions ...Home Depot yardsticks on sale now .61 found some nice true ones,don't go to Menards they were like noodles.Got the paper clamps at office depot sorry not on sale.The cheap build part is way cool part of this boat. Thanks to Terry Flynn for giving me his extra crash backup kit until I get mine.Got you some yardsticks & clamps buddy.

Hi folks, just started putting my tub together. I poked around and couldn't find an average center of gravity. I just need to know this so I can start laying out motors and batteries.

Thanks for your time,

Tino

To builders...

guys, how about some pictures? We the audience would like to see your work in progress

:)

I'm using water pickup rudder that I bought off eBay last yr for 15.00. I just looked it up on Ebay for you... it is listed as "CNC Aluminum rudder 95mm for electric / nitro rc boat" and currently is selling for $16.99 + $6 shipping. It's a cheap Chinese knockoff but has worked for me.

^^^^^^^^^ He likes to stick bigger engines in everything! :) He had me scratching my head for a minute also.

Joe, if the manual is going back for a revision, top of page 7, it's Miscellaneous with 2 L's. :D

I'm trying to get Saturday off from work so that I can hibernate in the basement and build all day. The plan was to go to Flint for the record trials but it isn't looking good for the weekend unless you like cold and rainy.

Ron, you will love how the kit goes together, I had mine to that point in the pics after only 5 hours.

Anyone using west or maus for the build as an adhesive as well as covering. or is everyone using ca and 5 and 30 minute epoxy ??

Terry

Anyone using west or maus for the build as an adhesive as well as covering. or is everyone using ca and 5 and 30 minute epoxy ??

Terry
MAS is great stuff. I used ca to do the initial framing and than used MAS to seal everything. I've used this technique on many boats and have never had a failure.

Rhett

Here are some pics of my JAE almost ready for the water. She is outfitted with a OS .18 TZ and will be spinning a modified M440 form Mark Sholund. The TZ has tons of torque so I will most likely need to try a bigger prop like a V937 or even a V940. I will try and get some video up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back