Jack Garcia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darby96

I have just been informed that long time NAMBA member Jack Garcia outboard Guru of K&B has passed.

My condolences to Rosey and family members, He will be missed

Rest in Peace My friend

Dave Bestpitch

\NAMBA 98

I have just been informed that long time NAMBA member Jack Garcia outboard Guru of K&B has passed.

My condolences to Rosey and family members, He will be missed

Rest in Peace My friend

Dave Bestpitch

\NAMBA 98
jack garcia was one of the nicest boaters i have ever met. he will be missed long live the k/b outboard my friend!!!

So saddened to hear about Jack's passing. He was a great boater and a great friend.

"A human life is a story told by God." ~Hans Christian Andersen

Had the priveledge of meeting him in person. RIP to man who's work still gives enjoyment to many of us.

Mic

My condolences to the family.

May he rest in peace......

I am glad that I had the oppurtunity to meet this guru.....A very nice guy.

I will always remember him..

Ronald.

Met Jack at 93 Nats, his O/B rigger was flying. RIP Jack
sad.gif

The first and only time I met the man I knew we had a connection. I suspect and hope he felt the same.

Rosy is a peach. She must be beside herself. What a great lady.

When I met Jack he reached in his wallet and pulled out the "Original Fuel formula to K+B fuel" he insisted I take it... hand written on a small piece of paper.. It sits along side his personal K+B "Jack Garcia” polo shirt (he wanted me to have) and autographed tunnel boat in "Dons Hobby shop in my home.

I gota tell ya.. I feel special for having that stuff and I suspect he made MANY people feel the same way.

Im still devastated..

Grim

I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but i read much about him through the years...he obviously was someone very special, and gave a great deal to this wonderful hobby...even i feel a loss...my sincere condolences to his family and all those that knew him personally and called him a friend.....

Hey Y'all,

Talked with Rosie,

Services will be held at a church at 11101 Moss Park Rd, Orlando Fl. Didn't get the zip code.. Services will be at 2 pm. I have to map Quest it myself? But I will be there to show my long time friend the respect that he has deserved for so many years of pleasure he has given us...

Later!!

Pat

Hey Marty and Norm,

I thought you guys fell off the edge of the earth also!!!!! Holler at me sometime!!!

Later!!

Pat

I first met Jack garcia at the 1981 NAMBA Nats in Amarillo, Texas. He was helping some newbies set up their outboards. He took the time to explain what he was doing and why.

He was never too busy to help other model boaters. Even when his race was coming up, he took the time to help someone else.

When you look up the word "Classy" the name "Jack Garcia" will be referenced.

He also was behind the AFX G Plus HO Slot Car. It changed the way HO slot cars ran dramatically.
While I was always keenly aware of Jack's contributions to the boating community I had no idea he was behind the G Plus cars, they did revolutionize HO slot car racing. Jack will truly be missed. :(

I meet Jack in the 80's in San Diego,and he was always there to lend a helping hand to a new boater.. He will be missed..

didnt know jack,, but the way you all have spoken of him,, i think he lived a very caring,,happy life..never easy,, not matter what.. my condolences to the family and his friends...

thank you for all you have done for the boating hobby and hobbies in general... god speed jack.........

alden cost

Back