IMPBA muffler/db rule change proposal sent

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Williamson

The proposal to change the IMPBA "add-on" muffler rule has been sent to the IMPBA. Also, along with this, a proposal to lower the noise level to 92db. This is not much, but it is a start. It really comes down to our responsibility when testing at our local ponds/lakes to keep the noise down. If not, we might be forced in the future to start using an alternate power source.....and you know, batteries were made for flashlights :D (just a joke AC guys/gals, I love those electrons:!)

Hopefully this simple change can be voted in......

Thanks for all the emails in support for this proposal.

Rw

Russ Williamson said:
The proposal to change the IMPBA "add-on" muffler rule has been sent to the IMPBA. Also, along with this, a proposal to lower the noise level to 92db. This is not much, but it is a start. It really comes down to our responsibility when testing at our local ponds/lakes to keep the noise down. If not, we might be forced in the future to start using an alternate power source.....and you know, batteries were made for flashlights :D (just a joke AC guys/gals, I love those electrons:!)
Hopefully this simple change can be voted in......

Thanks for all the emails in support for this proposal.

Rw

110026[/snapback]

Russ, I will probably see it soon , but could you enlighten us to exactly what you sent in??

Good work and thanks for taking the initiative

Brian

Russ Williamson said:
The proposal to change the IMPBA "add-on" muffler rule has been sent to the IMPBA. Also, along with this, a proposal to lower the noise level to 92db. This is not much, but it is a start...........
110026[/snapback]

Russ it's more than a start, it's moving ahead. B)

92dB.

dump the "muffler" part.

how you get there is what matters.

keep it simple.

close the loopholes.

Don Ferrette said:
Russ Williamson said:
The proposal to change the IMPBA "add-on" muffler rule has been sent to the IMPBA. Also, along with this, a proposal to lower the noise level to 92db. This is not much, but it is a start...........
110026[/snapback]

Russ it's more than a start, it's moving ahead. B)

92dB.

dump the "muffler" part.

how you get there is what matters.

keep it simple.

close the loopholes.

110049[/snapback]

Don, what do you mean by "how you get there is what matters"? Do you mean how you get there does not matter?

I'd vote for 92dB and the fact that Tony will accept an e-mail vote is awsome. No excuse for anyone on this board to not vote.

Joe_Knesek said:
Don, what do you mean by "how you get there is what matters"? Do you mean how you get there does not matter?
110055[/snapback]

Basically same thing. The only thing that matters is you do something to get you there. :)

110026[/snapback]

Russ, I will probably see it soon , but could you enlighten us to exactly what you sent in??

Good work and thanks for taking the initiative

Brian

110046[/snapback]

To hopefully keep the debate down as much as possible, here is what was sent:

Noise Proposal

Remove from page K-3, part 6. Muffling Devices and from K-4, part 7. Megaphones. These sections would no longer be needed.

Change on page K-4, part 8. IMPBA Noise Rule to read “At all IMPBA sanctioned events all boats must be at or below 92db. This level will be checked and enforced as follows"

Keep parts a, c, d, e & g as written. I’d change part h to read “Each district will have a measuring device and make it available to host clubs for their races.”

Latest posts

Back