B Sport rule change

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane,

I understand that anything can be done on the inside. That is not my question...

Bob stated that an RG WATER COOLED HEAD can be used...

How so?

Was there an RG OUTBOARD made by OS?

As per the new rules... any part from a manufacturer’s outboard may be replaced with any other outboard part for the same size outboard

from the same manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator:
There never was an RG outboard offered by OS! Sorry for the confusion, but once installed, the RG head is identical to the XM head. I should have clarified that I was describing a "cheater" motor. Most of you will question why I have knowledge of such things. In order to "police" the class, I need to know what a cheater will do just to win. I am a mechanical engineer and a machinist so I love to design engines. I built a CMB .21 outboard before CMB, as well as a .45 Rossi. I have built .21 Piccos, .45 Piccos, ,67 Mac and .80 OPS. I hope to have a Novarossi 60 size outboard in the future. You can count on me to keep working on making the rules fit the needs of the racers. If we were to follow the rules verbatim, the only legal motors would be the OS air cooled and the Thunder Tiger. The K&B and OS water cooled outboards have been produced within the last 90 days.

I've been looking into getting a tunnel for a while, so if I buy a OS outboard that is stock in B Sport Tunnel, I'm going to get mopped by the boats that are modified with Swapped Internal parts. Right or Wrong?
You could buy the latest and greatest new Nova Rossi for mod class and you would be facing the same degree of difficulty. Once you have the same boats, props, setup and driving ability as the top drivers you will be on equal ground. I know an OS with just a pipe change has won a US-1 at the Internats. I do not believe there are many (if any)OS motors in sport class with other brand sleeves and cranks.

I just looked outside and the sky hasn't fallen yet.

Mic

Mic lot of people have rg sleeves in there motors not for performance gain but they last longer , I was told the stock one is faster.

Mic lot of people have rg sleeves in there motors not for performance gain but they last longer , I was told the stock one is faster.
Shane,

I have both the RG and stock piston and sleeves and I can't definitively say one is faster. As you said the RG is chromed and does last longer. We have a couple from Mongar, that are all OS and run with anyone.

Mic

the rules should state a Stock Engine No internal or External Modifications at all. you just made it more confusing instead of making it dummy proof you have engines that are modified in the class and i would say theres a whole bunch of people that do it. A Tear Down should be mandatory fo the Top 4 Boats in every Race enines should have a seal so they cant swap them out after the race begins.

Just like a boater in SC raced 3 Different boats in a class and a boat that did not even belong in a class but everyone turned there backs and did NOTHING about it..

Internal mods have bin legal in impba all along , nothing new there .

Does it cost to make someone tear down there motor ? (at a race)

Just a question, if your motor is torn down and found legal. Do you get a handful of parts back to deal with?
default_ph34r.png

Personally, I have never attended a race where I felt it necessary to protest a Sport B motor due to them being so far ahead of the competition I knew for a fact they were cheating. Most Sport B races are nail biters.

I sure hope you guy's can make something positive happen out of all this. I do not race outboard's myself,but I had the pleasure of Racing two of them at Herb's Race and had a GREAT time. I like to Race any type of R/C Boat's myself being a Driver,now I only race the Mono's and the Rigger's. I use to run another class that I really liked racing a lot (Sport 40) but I stopped racing the class because it turned into what I see happening here. Now that class is "DEAD"(down south). Everybody was to busy working on fine tuning the "RULE" book instead leaving it alone. I would think for the B-Sport class you would use the K.I.S.S rule starting from the top of the page. I have no dog in this fight by any means...but now you have the "NEW" rules. Have fun, use the English language to your advantage. JMO

HAPPY NEW YEAR's everyone..

Put your hand up if you RACE this class CONSISTANTLY..

If you don't hand your hand up, shut up.

never heard a complaint from anyone who does...heck, John Knight whare are you proceedures for the top 3 at the biggest OB race in the WORLD?

Good Kris I am glad I have your approval to sling some "MUD"...now I want to protest all of your outboard hulls. Just kidding,I do not wanna throw any more gas on this fire. My dad told me to stay off this site,he said all this does is "DUMB" you down. Sad part is I do not have that far to go to be REALLY dull. Over and out.

I don't see where the rule change has changed much at all. We'll now RG sleeves are illegal. Set up, prop and practice is what will make you competitive. Sport B has never been a beginners class.

If rg sleeve are illegal now you have cost people money that you said you where trying to save.

well i'm building one so i can try to get back into racing i'm redoing a old hull, using my K&B that i got new back in the 90's gonna keep it all stock, now i did put a new rod and bearings in it but hell they are probably older than the engine is and yes i did shine some stuff up inside during the cleaning process but that's it, all K&B factory parts so all i can say is that i hope all you fast tricked out engine guys can drive around my slow ass because it all boils down to who can finish all 6 laps and if i can do that without snuffing a buoy ill be happy. VROOM VROOM LETS RACE!

11 pages and counting.............

It's been a LOOONG time since I've raced o/b tunnels but I will be first to admit at big races like the IndyMasters the B sport tunnel class was fun to watch and always hotly contested, nobody ever "ran away with it". That being said I'll admit I was and still am not in agreement with the new rule but decided in advance that while it's a given that my DD vote would be as my district members voted, my NND vote (since it's a nitro class I did not abstain) would be as the overall majority voted. With that being said as it was pointed out earlier there are a few active on this thread who DID NOT VOTE. Really? And for those who did vote and are not happy with the outcome let this perhaps be a learning curve, next time contact your fellow o/b racers in the IMPBA, lobby you position and explain why. You might or might not sway your fellow boaters who vote but it could very well generate alot of positive exchanges BEFORE the vote. Time to let this one go folks and if after 2 seasons it turns out to be a mistake then submit a proposal and fix it. For now the votes have been tallied and we all have to live with for 2 years.

A RG sleeve is just as illegal as a nova rossi sleeve or cmb sleeve. By impba or namba a RG sleeve was never legal.

Back