B Sport rule change

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kensill

Please vote fire my new B Sport Outboard rule change proposal, as posted in the December Roostertail. I don't want to start any arguments, but will be happy to answer questions.

Bob Kensill

IMPBA National Outboard Director

Please vote for my new B Sport Outboard rule change proposal, as posted in the December Roostertail. I don't want to start any arguments, but will be happy to answer questions.

Bob Kensill

IMPBA National Outboard Director

The rule change will allow those of us who run o.s. outboard's to run any o.s. part,s on our earler outboard,s instead of haveing to buy a whole new engine @ $375. to $400. each > Makes it possible for us poor folk to be competitive which will keep more people in the Sport/Hobby ......... That simple ....

Rick D Reisinger

You can see the actual wording in the December Roostertail. To translate in to layman' terms, the proposal is to allow switching parts between .21 outboards of the same brand. Also the factory finish may be altered or removed. The intent of this change is to make it easier to keep motors competitive and to make IMPBA "Sport" rules closer to NAMBA "stock" rules.

I don't think this will add 2 bits to the class performance wise.. but...such a shame.. this was never the intent of the class.

Im still trying to wrap my head around what was broken.. and the need for the change.

O well.. I believe in voting and our OB racers have spoken.. lets race!

Grim

Mike

Can I order a K&B outboard from Hobbico? No, how about an OS .21 water cooled outboard? The class went wrong when the first "seasoned" racer entered his "stock" appearing .21 outboard. In a race and lapped the other boats every heat! How many racers never returned to a race because they felt they could not compete? At the Fall Nationals in Charleston this past year, the NAMBA outboard director was disqualified for running a cut down flywheel on his OS outboard. If we could only run currently produced outboards, al you would see would be Thunder Tiger and air cooled OS. Tell a new boater how much it costs to get in to the cheapest outboard class and he will go run cars.

Why bring up the cut down fly wheel for a reason to change the rules ,that has nothing to do with it , that person can afford to buy the part they still sell them.

Think this rule is going to make things get out of control .

[SIZE=10.5pt]Bob...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Can you buy a K+B outboard from ANY hobby shops............ order it from ANY hobby shops....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]How about on line.. what opportunity’s do we have.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I would say some new outboard racers getting into this hobby have NO idea what an old K+B even looks like. Hard to find them in online stores.. IF you wanted one. How do you research it and who do you call.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What happens IF you show up at a race.. with your years of knowledge and custom parted together K+B.. and blow the cowl off the new dude with his new TT or OS. What does he take away from this? How does he get what you got?.. what does he do when he cannot dig thought his bones box and slap together parts he cannot get or does not have.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And.. truth be it.. are YOU REALLY going to tell him what cluster of parts you have in that rocket motor………….na……………. you just proved a point. Your not going to barf out your setup.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tight ruled classes like Sport Tunnel, Sport 40, scale, Crackerbox and other classes like this.. There BACK BONE is the limits to the class. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]If one does not like “limits” there is B tunnel.. (but year after year we see how that goes with limited turnouts and fill rates).. WHY? O yea… because “limits” make racing fun![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]To me all hobbys are expensive so.. to me its tit for tat.. Expensive is relative……..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Again.. this to me does not warrant a change.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Anyway.. we collectively have spoken and collectively we work with the decision.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Lets race![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Grim[/SIZE]

Mike is right , sport was drivers class , know I can builds crazy motor useing any os part , is this not true ? I can use any os part?

Read the new rule. FYI an International Hobbies .21 outboard is still legal in B Sport Tunnel

Mike is right , sport was drivers class , know I can builds crazy motor useing any os part , is this not true ? I can use any os part?
NO! You can use any OUTBOARD part from the SAME manufacturer of the same SIZE outboard. I don't have the IMPBA rulebook with me in my tree stand....but isn't there a line in the rules that states "stock appearing"? That would not allow an aircooled muffler on a watercooled OS.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back