IMPBA 2006 International Regatta info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, judging from your post, it sounds like you are going to run an enduro instead of regular heat racing. Why not let them run the same format as the rest of the classes?
At the past few nats races they have run for five minutes it has worked out well. They can start and throw in and at the expiration of time completed laps count. I like this way as it gives the younger ones some water time without so much pressure......Mike
Mike, one thing I learned this season from running the D2 Rookie of the Year series what that the kids wanted to be treated the same as the rest of the racers. At each race I asked them for feedback and the biggest request they had was to have the CD count bouy cuts and to only give awards to the top performers. I gave awards to everyone who raced and they didn't like the fact that nobody knew who won the race. If the CD didn't read off the points, they made sure they did before the presentation was over.

My point is that I think they just want to race with other Novice racers but they want to be accepted as a true racer. I'm not saying that your format doesn't accomplish this because I think it does but it's different than every other class and you may have a bunch of youngsters giving you the business about it.

The one thing that didn't go over well with them was during the last race of the year, the club allowed GAS hydros to run in the Novice class made up of mostly 20 boats. The speed differential was well over 20 MPH with some boats and getting lapped on the second lap didn't set well the some of the racers. As a dad, I found it incredibly difficult to pay much attention to improving Emily's driving when I'm having to pay more attention to what's going on behind her then what she is doing.

Mike, judging from your post, it sounds like you are going to run an enduro instead of regular heat racing. Why not let them run the same format as the rest of the classes?
At the past few nats races they have run for five minutes it has worked out well. They can start and throw in and at the expiration of time completed laps count. I like this way as it gives the younger ones some water time without so much pressure......Mike
Mike, one thing I learned this season from running the D2 Rookie of the Year series what that the kids wanted to be treated the same as the rest of the racers. At each race I asked them for feedback and the biggest request they had was to have the CD count bouy cuts and to only give awards to the top performers. I gave awards to everyone who raced and they didn't like the fact that nobody knew who won the race. If the CD didn't read off the points, they made sure they did before the presentation was over.

My point is that I think they just want to race with other Novice racers but they want to be accepted as a true racer. I'm not saying that your format doesn't accomplish this because I think it does but it's different than every other class and you may have a bunch of youngsters giving you the business about it.

Point taken But i assure you everyone will know who the big winner is and its nice for everyone to get something. I will ask my other members to give me their view on this matter and i will let you know......Mike

The one thing that didn't go over well with them was during the last race of the year, the club allowed GAS hydros to run in the Novice class made up of mostly 20 boats. The speed differential was well over 20 MPH with some boats and getting lapped on the second lap didn't set well the some of the racers. As a dad, I found it incredibly difficult to pay much attention to improving Emily's driving when I'm having to pay more attention to what's going on behind her then what she is doing.

Point taken But i assure you everyone will know who the big winner is and its nice for everyone to get something. I will ask my other members to give me their view on this matter and i will let you know......Mike

Point taken but i assure you the big winner will know they won as will everyone else. I will ask my fellow members to tell me what they think about this and get back to you.....Mike

I'm sure what ever you decide will be great. I'm looking forward to the event.
Joe we will use the five minute format but i thank you for your input......Mike
I have a dozen 20x20 tents reserved prime area setup $225.00 for the week if you want one of these i will need payment in full by Dec 31 2005. Sorry they want money up front to keep it at this price. email [email protected] first come first serve basis may be able to get more if you act soon enough.....Mike

I have a dozen 20x20 tents reserved prime area setup $225.00 for the week if you want one of these i will need payment in full by Dec 31 2005. Sorry they want money up front to keep it at this price. email [email protected] first come first serve basis may be able to get more if you act soon enough.....Mike
The website for the 06 IMPBA nats is almost ready it should be up by saturday we will post a link....Mike

The website for the 06 IMPBA nats is almost ready it should be up by saturday we will post a link....Mike
Here is the website for the 06 IMPBA NATS 06 IMPBA NATS thanks cya all there any questions email [email protected] Mike mapquest address is 8215 Eagle Lake Dr Evansville Indiana 47715

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

Since this is a nitro race, why would gas engines be allowed? The gas racers have their own race to participate in. Like Joe K. mentioned earlier, at the last race of the season in our District the Club choose to allow a young gentlemen to run a gas sport hydro, to the dismay of the rest of the youngsters who had been all racing together for the season with their 20's. This was wrong, the kids didn't like it nor understand how this could have occured, the parents were upset that this was allowed and yet the parent who's son was running saw nothing wrong with it. In addition to this boat being 20 mph faster than the rest of the field, its sheer speed intimidating the other kids and its wake dominating the other 20 mono, this situation was truly unfair.

I understand that novices will not be running riggers, either nitro or gas, correct? An I would like confirmation that gas boats will not be running in the novice class? If you have decided to allow gas boats to race in the same heat as nitros in the novice class, then will you confirm what gas boats/engines/pipes will be allowed to so we can prepare accordingly, if we decide to participate at all.

Mike,

Since this is a nitro race, why would gas engines be allowed? The gas racers have their own race to participate in. Like Joe K. mentioned earlier, at the last race of the season in our District the Club choose to allow a young gentlemen to run a gas sport hydro, to the dismay of the rest of the youngsters who had been all racing together for the season with their 20's. This was wrong, the kids didn't like it nor understand how this could have occured, the parents were upset that this was allowed and yet the parent who's son was running saw nothing wrong with it. In addition to this boat being 20 mph faster than the rest of the field, its sheer speed intimidating the other kids and its wake dominating the other 20 mono, this situation was truly unfair.

I understand that novices will not be running riggers, either nitro or gas, correct? An I would like confirmation that gas boats will not be running in the novice class? If you have decided to allow gas boats to race in the same heat as nitros in the novice class, then will you confirm what gas boats/engines/pipes will be allowed to so we can prepare accordingly, if we decide to participate at all.
Mark gas boats can only run in f-class and open classes. novices will run a 20 boat no riggers allowed. I assure you the kids class(novice)(junior) will be fair and fun for the ones in it....Mike

Thank you for answering my questions concerning the novice class. I think you'll be seeing the two of mine in the hunt.

Thank you for answering my questions concerning the novice class. I think you'll be seeing the two of mine in the hunt.
Your welcome Mark the more boaters the more fun. I plan something very special for this class with some help from donations.....Mike

Mike the rulebook does mention it and also allows for variations with approval by the board and when this is the only variation a prospective host club is asking for "and by the way the only club submitting a bid for the 2006 Itnternats" it is usally approved if you remember the 2000 and 2001 Internats were held on non-surveyed sites which is also against the rulebook. By the way Ron Olson is not even an IMPBA member the last time I looked at the membership list.
That's right Bill, I didn't bother to sign up again this past year because I knew that I was going in for surgery and would miss most of the racing season so no reason to spend the money that I would need anyway while I was off work. I'm still fighting with insurance companies trying to get them to pay off on what I am paying them for.

The idea is although I wasn't a member, I can still read the rulebook and ask questions just like any other prospective IMPBA member.

Brian;

i DO have Adobe on the comp. but for some reason when i tried to open the form it didnt want to com eup. Mikey, buddy and Ron B. all sent the forms to my AOL account. worked great then.

go figure.

isnt modern technology wonderful

:lol:

carl

Well Ron I hope you are well enough and can get the insurance to pay off for you so you can get back into racing in 2006.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

Ive had a couple of questions about the open classes,in particular the Open Sport Hydro. Engine size is not limited,hull type is limited to a picklefork hydro, be it eletric,nitro or gas. No riggers allowed.... ONLY IMPBA LEGAL ENGINE SETUPS FOR F CLASS OR ELETRIC...... dont bring 100 cell boats or twins with over size motors..and remember boat cant weigh more than 25 pounds Mike

Who all is in the Evansville club ??? Being from greenwood, IN I havn't noticed many other boaters besides Anthony Marquart who are nearby and willing to help out in any way they can - I'm trying to learn as much as I can being a newb @ this but it's dissapointing @ times not having a group of people to run w/ and show you the ropes and what not !!! Maybe I could take a trip and hang out w/ the Evansville guys one day and learn a thing or two !!!

Who all is in the Evansville club ??? Being from greenwood, IN I havn't noticed many other boaters besides Anthony Marquart who are nearby and willing to help out in any way they can - I'm trying to learn as much as I can being a newb @ this but it's dissapointing @ times not having a group of people to run w/ and show you the ropes and what not !!! Maybe I could take a trip and hang out w/ the Evansville guys one day and learn a thing or two !!!
We have ten or twelve members here glad to have you around. A buddy lives in blomington Hanome Steve we are going up friday. We also race a series sport 20 sport 21 tunnel sport40 and scale .Email me at [email protected] Schindler president RIVER CITY RACING CLUB

Back