2022 IMPBA INTERNATIONAL REGATTA HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
The Huntsville Model Boating club has been approved by the city of Huntsville and the IMPBA BOARD of Directors to host the IMPBA Internats June 4th through June 12th 2022.
This will be competition for the US1 Awards for each US1 class . In order to make a US1 class there must be a minimum of 8 entries . There will be the timed events 1/3rd mile oval and SAW, them heat racing competition will begin.
More information will follow as it becomes available.
Get your vacation time planned out and lodging planned . The host hotel and contact information will be posted ASAP.

Getting into the US is no problem if you’re at least double vaccinated. The problem is getting back into Canada where currently you need a negative Covid PCR test within 72 hours of reaching the border. This can cost over $200 US. Might be different rules by June.

mike I feel bad for you.. our country has spun out of control on this ridiculous overbearing virus control.. sounds like canada and aussie land has as well. hope all is well sorry didn't mean to turn political. :)

2022 Inter Nats update: We are making progress but everywhere we turn it is harder and more expensive than the previous 9 times HMBA has done this. Remember the dates are 5-11 Jun 22 and we will have open water on the 4th. We are also going to incorporate some of the lessons learned from the 2017 and 2019 races. For instance the running order for SAW and 2 lap has been alphabetical in the past. This year you will pull a number out of the hat to establish your running order. We will do it again for 2 lap. So the A’s won’t run first and the Z’s aren’t last.

Might try and put this one on the list.. Big B get your boats ready just in case!

Grim

For instance the running order for SAW and 2 lap has been alphabetical in the past.
Nice. Now Mark Anderson does not have to change his last name to Zanderson. He did not like going first all the time. Seemed like the wind blow always at the begining of the round.
Mike

With a name like Zaborowksi.. I am always last.. and that meant the wind was going to start blowing before my run and I could guarantee RAIN! LOL.

OK.. Zaker is behind me but not by much!.. or Zimmerman.. or Zuber..

OK.. I don't have it that bad! lol

Grim

Back