how are the 1/8th scales guys

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K.R.Joye said:
You guys crack me up! :D
I just hope the bottoms of your 70MPH(LOL) hulls are nice and bright. Hate for my Squire to have to autograph one while i'm tooling by to take the checker!  ;)

87900[/snapback]

Yeh,I hope my hull bottom is bright AND slick too.That way I wont do much damage as I run over you.Sqire Shop ??? CAN YOU SAY SKI RAMP ????

Hey Ken,

Hate for my Squire to have to autograph one while i'm tooling by to take the checker!
I'm guessing your still playing with "toy" motors. :rolleyes: Your gonna pull the old wait till the fast boats flip deal and I'll cruise on by?

My Atlas has it's dings so I'm not worried about doing battle this year. Get out of my way cause I'm coming through, lol. B)

Paul.

Dennis, Paul and Ken..

Your only hope is that I don't finish this hull and if I do you guys can battle all you want for 2nd and 3rd

:lol:

well decided to do a sub-hatch vs making the covers that came with the boat water tight..

has 2 layers of cloth and 2 layers of carbon fiber

put it on wax paper and let it dry so it would dry at the same arc as the hull

Picture%20005.jpg

rough cut..

Picture%20006.jpg

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Ken,
I'm guessing your still playing with "toy" motors. :rolleyes:    Your gonna pull the old wait till the fast boats flip deal and I'll cruise on by?

Paul.

87908[/snapback]

Thats the game plan, Toy Motors and Plastic Props thats all i'm going to need! LOL B)

Seriously i have 3 different motor/cell combinations to test on 2 different hulls. (Yes i have a backup boat)

Man, June is sneaking up on us Fast!

Last edited by a moderator:
brooks93 said:
well decided to do a sub-hatch vs making the covers that came with the boat water tight..
A sub hatch, eh?

It that so you can submarine the boat? Sort of like Naylor's Q/S Sport War Eagle? :)

KW

brooks93 said:
Dennis, Paul and Ken..
Your only hope is that I don't finish this hull and if I do you guys can battle all you want for 2nd and 3rd

:lol:

87919[/snapback]

WOW! You guys talk more smack than us nitro guys. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hah !!! Too cold Too long ??? 8 inches a few days ago and long term, the weather man says 2 or 3 more major storms b4 its over.Too bad RR crushed the Shoot outs.5 days in sunny Fl. sounds good right about now.

Yep,the FE comunity is pretty tight.Lots a smack.But at a race its group hugs and lots of laughs !!

As far as the BUD. No gear meltdowns this year.Direct drive and Lipos for the "Red Rocket".Can I drive her ?? Leave a hole and find out. :)

Found a pic of the Tri O/B Texmo Unlimited. This would be a cool setup to get out on 1/8 scale course. Those 3 roosters would wash those 70MPH rockets down real quick!LOL

View attachment 3979

Last edited by a moderator:
getting closer.. still got some sanding and fitting work to do for the sub hatch but, its close.. pretty much just have some fill work and mount the motor and its ready for paint.. got to have it ready by friday.. thats when it goes out to paint.. can't wait to see some color on it

elam%20005.jpg

elam%20006.jpg

elam%20007.jpg

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Kelly,
Looking good dude! 

Paul.

88887[/snapback]

Thats ganna be one sweet ride Kelly !!!The Bud team will be there to help you christen her.Boy is thisa gonna br a riot !!!!!1

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Kelly,
Looking good dude! 

Paul.

88887[/snapback]

Thats ganna be one sweet ride Kelly !!!The Bud team will be there to help you christen her.Boy is thisa gonna br a riot !!!!!1

Hey Paul,When are you gonna add the exhausts to the blue bomber ??

88897[/snapback]

KELLY i dont no where you find the time or $ keep up the good work!

Speaking of exhaust, just ordered a pair of Twin Turbo Allison exhausts along with a set of mirrors for the Squire.

just added my mirrors today and working on the adjustment for the front wing

I sloted the front wing enough to get a 6/32 screw in it and then I put a thread insert into the hull and threaded the screw into it to hold the wing on and hide the mount.. Then I filled the slot with west systems and 404 filler. wet sand it down and add some paint.. wont see a thing.. Made the wing adjustable by turning the 4-40 screw attached to a airplane control horn.. did the same thing on the rear wing and it work like a champ

(note control horns and sanding hasn't been done.. LOL)

elam%20019.jpg

elam%20021.jpg

elam%20011.jpg

Latest posts

Back