Hammerhead .48 (project strategy)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the problems I have seen when you let water build up in the tub when you are running are: The water reaches a level in the engine room where it will hit the flywheel. This causes a spray that may get sucked into the carb.

Another is: When you flip and come out of it still running, It takes forever and a day to get up on a plane with all that extra weight. If you could expell the water quicker, you could get back into the race a lot easier.

Hammer

I finally got some batteries. Here is the HH.48 as it is now. In the first and second pics you will see how I put the water ejection system through the rear sponsons. The third pic is of a side view.

Hammer

HH.48BAILER.jpg

Yes Hammer,

Everything worked out just fine. The left sponson weighes 1.8oz and the right one weighs 2.0oz. (Not sealed yet)

That is about how much the HH.12 sponsons weigh before sealing.

Good work! Post some pics!

Hammer

Hammer,

That water outlet idea is great. The water flowing off the back of the sponsons will generate suction for the water outlet too... added bonus!

Tim.

I finally got around to doing some work on the .48. It has been kind of on the back burner for about two weeks. There were two reasons for this. One was that I have been extremely busy at work. The other reason is that I was waiting around for little tid bits that were on order to come in. I finally have all the parts I need to complete it as a .46 for now. I found out that the engine I bought of the for sale section was the 2 version of the VX-M. It is a good engine, but the case has had problem around the front bearings. The newer version has 4mm ribs running from the head to the front bearing, were the version I have has only 2mm thick ribs.

I will use this boat as a .46 in heat racing and use it as a .48 for ovals. I will use the new version of the VX-M to make the .48

Hammer

Wow Hammer, You did it again. If that boat is half as fast as it looks that beautiful paint job will burn off in re-entry! :eek:

I noticed the file name is "patriotpaint.jpg" isn't the patriot some kind of rocket? Good name! HH patriot .46/.48

-MikeP

I'm not sure what to think about the good old patriotic red white and blue with the rising sun flag but it sure is perty. ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back