Ham Radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Jones

I passed my Technician exam this morning. Honestly, I think a less-than-optimal High School drop-out could ace that test.

I'm going to go ahead and study for the General. Any other Amateur Radio operators here?

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
I studied for months before taking the General Radiotelephone Operators License test. It was no walk in the park, but I passed. I was working for a analog paging and cellular company at the time and all the RF tech's were required to have it.

I would think there is some good information on the test requirements on the web.

Good luck,

W

Good deal, thanks for the replies. I did finally get my call, KG5IDU. I've got a pending vanity call form with the FCC for about 2 weeks, so I'm expecting that to change here this week or next.

I just finished my mobile install, too. So far, so good! Yaesu FT-2900. It's just a simple 2-meter radio.

radio.jpg

LOL.. I suspected that might be the case but it was worth a mention!.

Have Fun!

Grim

LOL.. I suspected that might be the case but it was worth a mention!.

Have Fun!

Grim

Indeed!.....no, really, that sounded interesting. So, you have amateur radio/model rocketry folks that can track their rockets via radio?

-Joey

yes.. I have to use GPS but have a buddy that is a ham..

Trust me.. ham is a nice way to go.. found my L2 with one.

Not sure what system he uses..

Grim

Back