go engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone could seriously show me that it will do advertised HP and RPM I'd pay twice the price for one! I've seen too much BS on eBay and manufacturer sites to believe much of anything any more. Last year I offered an eBay seller $1,000.00 if he could show me one of those crappy Stingray/Dolphin's could do 45 MPH much less the up to 55-65 MPH that they advertised. He never took me up on it.

I've got 4 hulls here that I could put one in then run in IMPBA "B" mono and kick ass if those numbers were true. I spent $240.00 last year for a .12 that was supposed to be that fast but turned out to be a clunker in a boat.

If someone could seriously show me that it will do advertised HP and RPM I'd pay twice the price for one! I've seen too much BS on eBay and manufacturer sites to believe much of anything any more. Last year I offered an eBay seller $1,000.00 if he could show me one of those crappy Stingray/Dolphin's could do 45 MPH much less the up to 55-65 MPH that they advertised. He never took me up on it.I've got 4 hulls here that I could put one in then run in IMPBA "B" mono and kick ass if those numbers were true. I spent $240.00 last year for a .12 that was supposed to be that fast but turned out to be a clunker in a boat.

Yeah I'd like to see something to back up those numbers. For right now I'm sticking with what I know best. I've heard good things but I do think it's a little suspicious that the GO-Engines Marine USA Distributor jumped down my throat when he thought I said it was my idea to use CRC corrosion inhibitor. But he hasn't said a word here. I still think those go-engines are just car motors with a water jacket. And prior to the distributorship, one of those guys ripped on me for wanting to use a TZ in my MV. Now I think one of the fastest .18 hydro's I've ever seen was runing a TZ air cooled.

One of the better model boaters in our area and a multiple NAMBA National Champion has been working with a GO engine for the District 8 Mod 18 RTR Class. He liked the rear exhaust, the bigger crank, and the ability to work on the engine's timing. He's only had the engine out to one race and it has yet to work any better than the AQ 18. However, the small head button is apparently limiting the engine's potential. A new head button is being make to remedy this issue. Knowing this model boater, he will get the GO to "go." An interesting aspect of this class in our district is it's a $100 engine claimer class. So, another racer in the class could purchase this engine after a race.

JD

One of the better model boaters in our area and a multiple NAMBA National Champion has been working with a GO engine for the District 8 Mod 18 RTR Class. He liked the rear exhaust, the bigger crank, and the ability to work on the engine's timing. He's only had the engine out to one race and it has yet to work any better than the AQ 18. However, the small head button is apparently limiting the engine's potential. A new head button is being make to remedy this issue. Knowing this model boater, he will get the GO to "go." An interesting aspect of this class in our district is it's a $100 engine claimer class. So, another racer in the class could purchase this engine after a race.
JD
At lest the crank on the Go wont break like the aquacraft.18 dose.

I still think those go-engines are just car motors with a water jacket.
Remember...The CVRM is a car engine with a water jacket...and many many many folks are happily running it.

Had a hobby shop salesman tell me that the go engine would beat a CVRM...would really like to see that. Won't believe it till I do... Sux that OS quit making the CVRM...

Sean

I still think those go-engines are just car motors with a water jacket.
Remember...The CVRM is a car engine with a water jacket...and many many many folks are happily running it.

Had a hobby shop salesman tell me that the go engine would beat a CVRM...would really like to see that. Won't believe it till I do... Sux that OS quit making the CVRM...

Sean
Sure does. Glad I stocked up on them before they got gone at Tower. :D

Sux that OS quit making the CVRM...

Sean
I still have the one I got as they were running out (new in the box)...it is a backup to the one I am running in my MV, when it finally lets loose (bet I have 4 gallons through it now). I look forward to a suitable replacement being offered by someone...just dont have an extra 100 bucks lying around to see if the go engine is it...

Sean

Sux that OS quit making the CVRM...

Sean
I still have the one I got as they were running out (new in the box)...it is a backup to the one I am running in my MV, when it finally lets loose (bet I have 4 gallons through it now). I look forward to a suitable replacement being offered by someone...just dont have an extra 100 bucks lying around to see if the go engine is it...

Sean

guys i have like 5 new cvrm in the boxes, let me know if ya need em, thanks

terry

I have seen several broken cranks on the AQ18 and I believe from seeing the breaks that it is related to the recoil assy. loose it and put the OS back plate on and the problem goes away. I'm very happy with my AQ18 and I know the person thats working on the GO engine when he gets it right my AQ18 will probably be about worn out and we will see if it is worth dealing with the claimer rule we have up here. Hell I spend a $100 at the gas station a couple times a week now. Gas $4.40 a gallon, boat fuel $24.00 a gallon. Just doesn't seem so bad anymore.Greg

I added a video link to my Supervee 27 running around with a Go Engine Marine .18, in the SV27 info post.

Running very well for me.

Sean

I added a video link to my Supervee 27 running around with a Go Engine Marine .18, in the SV27 info post.Running very well for me.

Sean
I just finished having my under 100.00 dollars go modified. Had the timing changed to 180 exhaust and 126 intake also had a new head button made. I will let you know soon how it does.

Keith Namba 1444

Last edited by a moderator:
I added a video link to my Supervee 27 running around with a Go Engine Marine .18, in the SV27 info post.Running very well for me.

Sean
I just finished having my under 100.00 dollars go modified. Had the riming changed to 180 exhaust and 126 intake also had a new head button made. I will let you know soon how it does.

Keith Namba 1444
Saw Keith's GO engine run yesterday on his MV with sponson mods and it is working very well. Very well!! It will be interesting to see how this engine does in two weeks at our next District 8 Points Race in the Sport 18 RTR Mod Class.

JD

Sean
I just finished having my under 100.00 dollars go modified. Had the riming changed to 180 exhaust and 126 intake also had a new head button made. I will let you know soon how it does.

Keith Namba 1444
Saw Keith's GO engine run yesterday on his MV with sponson mods and it is working very well. Very well!! It will be interesting to see how this engine does in two weeks at our next District 8 Points Race in the Sport 18 RTR Mod Class.

JD
Thanks for the spelling lesson Teacher...lol It should GO just fine I hope. Only racing it will tell.

Man we have heard much from Bob cormier!! Bob I still havent heard back from you about replacement parts&prices yet!!!

Man we have heard much from Bob cormier!! Bob I still havent heard back from you about replacement parts&prices yet!!!
Hate to say it, but when James gives me some prices on the parts I will get them to you. I have NOT forgotten you. Seems that since he posted the GO engines on TLR sales have flattened out. The ones that have bought the GO .18 all seem to like them and I am putting the .21 in a mono hull now.

Hate to say it, but when James gives me some prices on the parts I will get them to you. I have NOT forgotten you. Seems that since he posted the GO engines on TLR sales have flattened out. The ones that have bought the GO .18 all seem to like them and I am putting the .21 in a mono hull now.
You got to go threw James!!!!!!!!!! Hell no!! I wont deal with that guy!!!!! I dont want to be his next victim !!!!! I'll try to Emal the home base of Go!! for part prices!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to clarify my answer to you on the pricing. I went to James because he is a GO-Engine Marine dealer. I was unable to get an answer from Go-Engine Marine and felt that James would know what the price would be. I DO NOT purchase my GO engines from James but From GO-Engine Marine out of Florida. They have been very good at supplying what I have needed and will continue to do so. Emails being what they are and sometimes the slow answers at times make it hard to give answers when needed. Please do not put anything into the association with James other than he is a GO engine dealer like us. Any issues you have should not be associated with Myself or GO-Engines Marine. GO-Engine Marine has started out with a great product and as time goes by you will find that they will give you everythiing they promise as far as performance and quality. If you have any inquiries please email me or call me at 207 627-4407

Back