go engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to agree with Rome, Great little fast motors I've had both The true Go Engine Marine is much cleaner machining wise....not to mention they are easy on the pocketbook :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something i found on the go engines web site i thought some might find helpful .

EBAY KNOCK OFF GO-ENGINES

Go-Engine Marine is very aware of the marine Go-Technology dealers on Ebay selling motor labeled as Go-Engines. They have even made stickers for the starters to resemble a Go-Engine.

Because we honor the quality of the products we distribute, we feel it's our duty to inform you the customer what you get when you think you are getting a $65.00 plus shipping deal on a marine Go-Engine presented for sale on Ebay.

These Ebay dealers are selling you an engine from Go-Technology, NOT Go-Engine. These motors carry no warranty or paperwork to help protect you the buyer. Also the sellers do not carry parts for these engines. Some of the Ebay dealers have asked the buyers to contact us for parts and service. We are sad to say Go-Engine can not help you because our parts do not correctly fit these knock off motors. We have learned from upset buyers that after the purchase of the engine, the sellers will act like they don't know you if you contact them for parts or service. Also the Go-Technology engines sold on Ebay have the serial numbers filed off because the dealers in Hong Kong and China are illegally importing these engines into the U.S. territory, and they know the engines they sell are distributor numbered. The serial numbers on the Ebay sold motors are filed to hide the identity of the seller.

The sellers on Ebay offer no warranty on these engines. The engine is void of warranty when the serial numbers are filed off. This is why they give you no paperwork with the engine. This way you have no way of getting service and they wont be reported. The biggest dealer of these false engines is Ebay member iehobby from Hong Kong.

What you should see on your engine that you will not see on any engine sold as a Go-Engine on eBay.

Vincent General Manager of Go-Engine Co. LTD (ROC) wrote:

All competition engines from July 1 2007 on wards will be engraved with a serial number, to indicate the origin of the engine. If your engine is numbered from a district outside of local region you warranty will not be honored by Go-Engine Marine LLC or Go-Engines Co., LTD. Also the parts from true Go-Engines will not interchange with Go-Technology engines.

WHAT IS GO-ENGINE DOING ABOUT IT?

As a certified distributor of Go-Engines, we are having every Go-Engine dealer honor your engine with a $25.00 Go-Engine trade. If you have one of these knock of Go-Technology motors, any dealer listed on our website will honor your engine and take it on trade for a true Go-engine. All you need to do is ship your engine to a certified dealer and the dealer will credit you $25.00 towards the purchase of a Go-Engine. Not matter the condition of the engine, but it must be complete. Please contact your favorite dealer for details. Although this does not make it completely better, it does help you obtain a Go-Engine with a warranty and at a cheaper price.

The .18 side exhaust engine starts @ $99 from go distrubitors .

GO ENGINE HAS DONE IT NOW WITH THE MOST INSANE .18 MARINE POWER PLANT FOR UNDER $100.00. THE GO .18 SIDE EXHAUST LEAVES LITTLE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. THIS POWERFUL MARINE NITRO ENGINE IS A 3 PORT 49,000 RPM 1.8 HP MONSTER ENGINE. PACKING THE 37 DEGREE RE-ENFORCEMENT CASE LINES ON THE BLOCK FOR BETTER ENGINE BLOCK STRENGTH. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HOT .18 REPLACEMENT ENGINE FOR YOUR RTR HYDRO OR MONO. MAKE SURE IT'S A GO-ENGINE 18 SIDE EXHAUST. COMES IN BOTH PULL START AND NON-PULL START.

18S/Side Exhaust CNC Sliver Head Marine Engine,OD Shaft 12mm

Contents 2.95cc

Maximum Power 1.80hp

R.P.M 38.000rpm

Practical Range 6.000/49.000rpm

Bore/Stroke 16.20mm/14.25mm

Ports 3

Crankshaft 12mm OD

Carburetor 7mm

Here's something i found on the go engines web site i thought some might find helpful .

EBAY KNOCK OFF GO-ENGINES

Go-Engine Marine is very aware of the marine Go-Technology dealers on Ebay selling motor labeled as Go-Engines. They have even made stickers for the starters to resemble a Go-Engine.

Because we honor the quality of the products we distribute, we feel it's our duty to inform you the customer what you get when you think you are getting a $65.00 plus shipping deal on a marine Go-Engine presented for sale on Ebay.

These Ebay dealers are selling you an engine from Go-Technology, NOT Go-Engine. These motors carry no warranty or paperwork to help protect you the buyer. Also the sellers do not carry parts for these engines. Some of the Ebay dealers have asked the buyers to contact us for parts and service. We are sad to say Go-Engine can not help you because our parts do not correctly fit these knock off motors. We have learned from upset buyers that after the purchase of the engine, the sellers will act like they don't know you if you contact them for parts or service. Also the Go-Technology engines sold on Ebay have the serial numbers filed off because the dealers in Hong Kong and China are illegally importing these engines into the U.S. territory, and they know the engines they sell are distributor numbered. The serial numbers on the Ebay sold motors are filed to hide the identity of the seller.

The sellers on Ebay offer no warranty on these engines. The engine is void of warranty when the serial numbers are filed off. This is why they give you no paperwork with the engine. This way you have no way of getting service and they wont be reported. The biggest dealer of these false engines is Ebay member iehobby from Hong Kong.

What you should see on your engine that you will not see on any engine sold as a Go-Engine on eBay.

Vincent General Manager of Go-Engine Co. LTD (ROC) wrote:

All competition engines from July 1 2007 on wards will be engraved with a serial number, to indicate the origin of the engine. If your engine is numbered from a district outside of local region you warranty will not be honored by Go-Engine Marine LLC or Go-Engines Co., LTD. Also the parts from true Go-Engines will not interchange with Go-Technology engines.

WHAT IS GO-ENGINE DOING ABOUT IT?

As a certified distributor of Go-Engines, we are having every Go-Engine dealer honor your engine with a $25.00 Go-Engine trade. If you have one of these knock of Go-Technology motors, any dealer listed on our website will honor your engine and take it on trade for a true Go-engine. All you need to do is ship your engine to a certified dealer and the dealer will credit you $25.00 towards the purchase of a Go-Engine. Not matter the condition of the engine, but it must be complete. Please contact your favorite dealer for details. Although this does not make it completely better, it does help you obtain a Go-Engine with a warranty and at a cheaper price.
Funny. I was told that TLR is now the US distributor of GO-Tech engines. James is distributing knock-off engines. LOL. He can't do anything straight. Typical of a criminal. Un-real. Ha.

I don't know about that but they only have a few distrubitors right now but im sure their will be more .

I don't know about that but they only have a few distrubitors right now but im sure their will be more .
I could be wrong. That's just through word of mouth. I could be very wrong. It's funny though becuase that site has a direct link to "become a go distributor". James offered a guy in mexico a TLR distributorship and he stole the guys money and never shipped anything he ordered.

I would guess he is a distrubitor but i wont be buying form him !! I have went that route before and understand what you mean !!

I would guess he is a distrubitor but i wont be buying form him !! I have went that route before and understand what you mean !!
I just heard that james is the one making the stink about the knock off engines. And after reading it it sounds like him. "Ship me your fake Go-Engine and I'll give you $25.00. It sounds like a ploy to get cheap engines to reman and redistribute to me.

Hi All,

I felt the person sales the GO engines in Ebay may not be direct from GO factory while my selling

GO engines are comes with original packing box w/serial numbers details and part list structure and

of course import from Taiwan.

I also come from Hong Kong but do'nt know if any restrict for selling the GO engine outside of my

region. If anyone want GO engines that i perhaps could give some assistant.

Patrick Au

Hi All,
I felt the person sales the GO engines in Ebay may not be direct from GO factory while my selling

GO engines are comes with original packing box w/serial numbers details and part list structure and

I also come from Hong Kong but do'nt know if any restrict for selling the GO engine outside of my

Patrick Au

i got one off ebay and one not off ebay and the parts are the same it the same motor

the very same

Hi All,

Patrick Au

i got one off ebay and one not off ebay and the parts are the same it the same motor

the very same
Adam?

Hi All,

Patrick Au

the very same
Just a question about getting one from a dealer, not ebay. These were just released to the dealers and I am curious as to how you obtained it, second, I have been informed that they are NOT the same in the rod area and rod bearing. The parts are not interchangeable. Correct me if I have been told something that is wrong.

Hi All,

Patrick Au

the very same
Just a question about getting one from a dealer, not ebay. These were just released to the dealers and I am curious as to how you obtained it, second, I have been informed that they are NOT the same in the rod area and rod bearing. The parts are not interchangeable. Correct me if I have been told something that is wrong.

i broke my con rod on my e bay motor and got one from a dealer and it fit right in motor run strong and got a motor from a dealer and it looks just like the one from ebay parts are the same dont know why they would say that the 2 motor are the same parts are the same

Hey Rome ! Im curious , do both engines have serial numbers ? Im interested and would like to buy one but would like to know exactly im buying . I have learned the hard way its not as simple as click add to cart and bam its at my front door !! lol !!

Hey Rome ! Im curious , do both engines have serial numbers ? Im interested and would like to buy one but would like to know exactly im buying . I have learned the hard way its not as simple as click add to cart and bam its at my front door !! lol !!
one of them do one dont

had a chance to see both the .18 and .21 brand new inside and out today-- the .18 looks beefy and like the usual 3 port engine has tons of room to modify very basic --rear exhaust version right at 100$-- for the money its worth a try.

The .21 on the other hand had more ports in the sleeve (didnt count sorry) and was modified out of the box BUT it was machine cut modifications and was not well done in my opinion, easy way to put it-- sleeve looked like crap. But for someone that wanted to break out the dremal and clean up all the port work that has been done it should be worth a try, and was priced at a little under 300$

also the sleeve's seem a little under weight as compaired to others, could just be me though.. engines both have beefy cases on them.. I wouldnt hold my breath on the box engine rpm/ HP numbers etc.. ------

not trying to cut the engine down or make it out to be some super hot engine just figure I would post what i have seen also have not seen one of these motors run--yet

Latest posts

Back