FASST RECIEVER WARNING!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Mulvany

Hey Ya'll!!

While prepping for the race next week I pulled the receiver out to clean box?? Antenna wire just slipped out of receiver? FASST 603FF receiver the wire is just crimped on to a push on connector to circuit board. I have lost antenna connection before and it ain't a pretty ending!!! I have a soldered connection now and all will be as I take them apart!!

Later!!

Pat

Hey Ya'll!!

While prepping for the race next week I pulled the receiver out to clean box?? Antenna wire just slipped out of receiver? FASST 603FF receiver the wire is just crimped on to a push on connector to circuit board. I have lost antenna connection before and it ain't a pretty ending!!! I have a soldered connection now and all will be as I take them apart!!

Later!!

Pat
Pat,

Before you go sounding the alarm bells with posts like this or attacking any more of your FASST rx's with a soldering gun make sure there is nothing that could be pulling on or causing excess tension on the antenna lead. That "just crimped on to a push on connector to circuit board" snaps on quite securely and most likely something out of the ordinary caused this. I by choice change all of my FASST rx's to the optional longer antenna lead and having done many (mine and for others) have yet to see a weak crimp or connector that wasn't a tight fit. If I had to bet on it it I'd say you somehow created your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

Where do you get the replacement antenna's from? I have a couple that do not look good. I could not find them on Tower.

Thanks,
I got mine from Chris "Juice" Rupley.
default_cool.png

Don,

Where do you get the replacement antenna's from? I have a couple that do not look good. I could not find them on Tower.

Thanks,
I got mine from Chris "Juice" Rupley.
default_cool.png
+1

Mike get them from Juice, he has the GENUINE Futaba part. The nice thing about the longer 400mm antenna is it makes the FASST rx a drop in replacement for FM rx's that had the longer 27 & 75mhz leads.
default_smile.png

They are basically wifi antennas. Computer stores, Amazon or even ebay. They are a standard item. I bought a bunch off of ebay and replaced all of mine. The important part is the end of it. Mine had all broken off and range was an issue. put new ones on and problem solved.

how did they all break off? weird?

I have had ZERO issues regarding ends, mounts or anything..

Grim

Don and everyone else!!!,

I just wanted to let out a holler that I had one that the connector was not crimped on to the wire, I repaired it and problem solved but I didn't mean to start a crisis mode??

Later!!

Pat

I have been using the 603FS receivers. It is a duel antenna (one external one internal) I have never lost signal at any time and have been out at the farthest points of many large ponds. Now on the other hand I have tried the 603FF single antenna and did have some issues on the back side of many ponds. The duel antenna receiver is in a carbon radio box, in a carbon boat. no issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a couple used Futaba 603ff receivers. Thinking since I dont know how they were treated might be wise to change out the antenna. Should I go with the long wire or short? 2.4 is all new to me since I have been running 75mhz. Fingers crossed on the 603FF receivers. couldnt pass up the deal.

Just picked up a couple used Futaba 603ff receivers. Thinking since I dont know how they were treated might be wise to change out the antenna. Should I go with the long wire or short? 2.4 is all new to me since I have been running 75mhz. Fingers crossed on the 603FF receivers. couldnt pass up the deal.
The longer antenna makes it a drop in replacement for a 27 or 75mhz RX.
default_smile.png

The longer antenna makes it a drop in replacement for a 27 or 75mhz RX.
default_smile.png
Tower Hobby has the Futaba long antennas but you have to call. They don't (or at least didn't used to) appear on the catalog webpages.

Latest posts

Back