3EGX FASST conversion.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey i got one of those! im interested in doing this conversion do you have a step by step procedure or is it pretty straight forward?

Hobby King has a FRSKY conversion kit for less than $20.Receiver seperate at less than$20. This kit works quite well. Kit is for up too 8 chnls. I've done 2 Futaba's in the last couple months. One is a 3EGX 28yrs old. the other 3FG wheel also 28yrs.old Installation is simple. You only need to find 3 wires. One is pwr, grnd. and ppm. With Futaba red is pwr. black is grnd. and I think yellow is ppm. Mine where together. Hardest part was ant. mnt. and led p/b pnl.

Hobby King has a FRSKY conversion kit for less than $20.Receiver seperate at less than$20. This kit works quite well. Kit is for up too 8 chnls. I've done 2 Futaba's in the last couple months. One is a 3EGX 28yrs old. the other 3FG wheel also 28yrs.old Installation is simple. You only need to find 3 wires. One is pwr, grnd. and ppm. With Futaba red is pwr. black is grnd. and I think yellow is ppm. Mine where together. Hardest part was ant. mnt. and led p/b pnl.

Hey, any chance to post some FRSKY conversion pics?

I'm curious how it comes out and just might help someone down the road. :)

I'll see if I can do this.HobbyKing has the kit in stock. Listed under 2.4ghz FRSKY ACCST. V8HT DIY module. V8FR 8chnl. rec.and V8R4 4 chnl. rec.

001.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

I also converted a Futaba 3FG wheel radio using the same kit. It was easier. PM me if you want more info.

Sweeeeeet! :)

So all you had to do was tap 3 wires in and run the antenna?

Is that the new ant where the original was?

Guess you don't need the original module in place then, right?

The 3EGX lives! :D

i know where 2 or 3 of the 3egx's are. not mine, would need to call for price & availability. lmk if anyone is interested.

Sweeeeeet! :)

So all you had to do was tap 3 wires in and run the antenna?

Is that the new ant where the original was?

Guess you don't need the original module in place then, right?

The 3EGX lives! :D
That's it ,3 wires and the antenna. Yes the antenna is in the original spot.I did use the module case to put the goodies in and put the led and bind button in the back of the module. I just bought the EGX off ebay and took a chance it would work. Even have the owners manual.Had to put new battery pack in and the sucker started right up. Someone took good care of it.Got only the trans. no rec.

Thanks for posting this info Guys- thought I threw my 3EGX out years ago but found it in a closet clean up.

Glenn

I just sent and email to the fcc asking if this conversion is legal to do at home. When I hear anything I'll pass it along.

Thanks for posting this info Guys- thought I threw my 3EGX out years ago but found it in a closet clean up.

Glenn
Are you thinking of a conversion? These trans. have some neat features. Also the kit works with Futaba servos w/o any problems.

Spider, why wouldnt it be legal to do? The FCC doesnt rate the radio itself I dont believe, but the actual 2.4 unit or transmitting frequency/power. I could be wrong though.

Back