Feibao Velox Jet Plane build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianconde

well while i did some work with boats i also did some work with my airplane too. Its a Feibao Velox with a 18LBS of Thrust Wren 70 Turbojet engine..

with the help of some jets pilots here in nashville we tackled this task. Randy and Glenn Sheppard where doing the radio set up and testing the electronics, Wayne owner of Danielle's Hobby store in Nashville Tn handle the turbine mounting brackets and turbine install that took 6 hours of work. I rewired the Jet added the fuel tanks,ran all the lines, cleaned up all the wiring,installed the ECU,Propane bottle,Fuel pump and solenoids,shut off Valves and ensure everything on the Jet was functional prior to the next phase that took 9 hours.

The following day was to wire the turbine, connect all the fuel lines, cut wires solder etc, etc and make the final little adjustments and inspected everything from every wire to the last screw on the Jet then we moved to the next phase that took 7 hours.

After 22 hours of working on this jet double checking everything done and fixing a few minor things we where ready to test fire the Turbine. we got some K1 kerosene with Mobil 1 jet oil mixed fueled the jet powered up the on-board computer systems and ensured the Radio,ECU(Electronic Control Unit), Turbine,RPM Sensor,Heat Sensors where communicating with one another that took 10 minutes.

Once the computer gave all systems are go we activated the Full Auto start mode and the computer engaged the starting sequence the turbine got to 30K RPM and the computer aborted the start.. hummm interesting we double checked everything and found out we did not have enough propane on board.. Once again the computer gave all systems are go we activated the Full Auto start mode and the computer engaged the starting sequence and the Video will tell you the rest.. 160,132 RPM the engine came up to.

The Next Phase its its 1st powered flight..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0_kM_qGXHU&feature=share&list=PL1BBB7618B0B22A0C

Enjoy......

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
julian , nice looking plane , looks complicated , i saw some turban powered model airplanes flying at markham park FL , very impressive and fast....enjoy....bob

Dude.. PELASE think about that radio you have in that thing... “they” would not need a "Crash Investigation Team" if the radio was all it’s cracked up to be.

Yep.. they have a “Crash Investigation Team”

Grim

Dude.. PELASE think about that radio you have in that thing... “they” would not need a "Crash Investigation Team" if the radio was all it’s cracked up to be.

Yep.. they have a “Crash Investigation Team”

Grim
Grim im using a JR 9305 9 Ch 2.4 with JR 1221X receiver with 4 Extra Satellites everything in this Jet is the best money can buy even on my RC Boats i but the best money cvan buy. im full aware of the dangers associated with flying Turbine Jets. Nothing has been overlooked on this model. I have flown Jets before i was model boating and now im going back to it again..

Julian

Beautiful jet I built some gas large scale plans in the past it is always nice to see such a beautiful work of art...Good Luck...

http://youtu.be/jnbghaG2B7Q

That's the 1st and 2nd flight on the bird everything went smooth and great beautiful day to fly jets and definitely looking forward to more days like that.

Julian , with your turban power knowledge maybe some day you might build a turban powered boat ?....bob

Julian , with your turban power knowledge maybe some day you might build a turban powered boat ?....bob

Bob to answer your question. i have thought about it and yes i have alot of turbine knowledge the problem is that Jet turbines would be damaged it the boat was to flip and suck in water and also if they dunk in the water... turbines iddle at 45,000 RPM and will spool up to 161,000 RPM for some depending on the engine brand and LBS of thrust rating as well..

Another thing to consider is the complexity of the build. If you think a Twin Hydro is complicated multiply that X 10 on a Twin Turbine or single turbine RC Boat.. I have thought about building a replica of the Bluebird K7 and i know where to buy the model and its build for turbine as well. I would hate to dunk or flip and damage the turbine. it cost 500 dollars just to change the bearings, balance the flywheel and put new filters on it. thats every 25 hours of operating time. If you damage the ECU it will cost you 379 dollars or more depending on the turbine you have, fuel valves, Pump ect thats a lot of money that can go down the drain if they get wet something to think about as well.. I would live to build a Jet boat but the cost and risk of damage stops me from doing so. Also you will have to get failsafe systems on it as well a turbine boat is More dangerous just like any other boat because of the fuel it uses(Jet Fuel/Kerosene) and the amount that has to go in the boat as well 56 Oz minimum. a normal 18 lbs of thrust engine can consume 8 oz of fuel a minute at full power around 10 oz. it can become a bomb it crashed and its a big hazard as well..

My jet you see on here cost brand new about $4,800-6,000 buying the best money can buy. its definitely can be done and I have the money to do it but the bads out weight the good..

Julian

Back