Engine Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for sure any engine parts are needed but also a budget engine for the people in it for the fun of racing.

the high end version is also great for the real boating freaks. B)

Marty

I'am in the same boat as you still running the Mac 21's and no parts to fix what I have.Being a tool maker I can make my own parts but it takes time.And to get machine time is a nother problem.

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
MartyI'am in the same boat as you still running the Mac 21's and no parts to fix what I have.Being a tool maker I can make my own parts but it takes time.And to get machine time is a nother problem.

Dave Roach
About the only thing that I need is new Liners and Pistons. Most everytrhing else lasts forever.... or I make my own (e.g, head buttons). Would be nice to be able to replace the rods also as preventative maintenance.

Marty Davis

Needed BADLY !!!
I am running out of parts to keep my 2 MAC 21's runnning. I am probably one of the few who are still running the MAC 21's. Seems like many people are re-visiting the Nova Rossi's if they don't want to spend the $$$ for the CMB's.

The Nitro classes are DYING around the Florida area because of the lack of engine choices.

Marty Davis

Marty try Gary Preusse, he always had MAC 21 pistons and sleeves when I needed them.

Andy the engine you are talking about making would go over so big you have no idea. As Carl in the Movie Slingblade says, "I kinda like the way you talk" :D

Sounds like a great idea to provide an " affordable " powerplant . My personal preference would be to stick with the steel rod and needle bearing setup for its durability and the ability to withstand a lean run . Nothing has ever been more maintenance free for me than my Mac 84's !!!!! My CMB 90's and 1.0 's as well . Needle bearings for me all the way , "Pay me now ....or Pay me later " !!

Sounds like a great idea to provide an " affordable " powerplant . My personal preference would be to stick with the steel rod and needle bearing setup for its durability and the ability to withstand a lean run . Nothing has ever been more maintenance free for me than my Mac 84's !!!!! My CMB 90's and 1.0 's as well . Needle bearings for me all the way , "Pay me now ....or Pay me later " !!

Looks like we'll be having that upgrade availible!

BTW- I know it's important to look at a big cross section of boaters, but in all of the years that I ran Picco or OPS with an aluminum rod, I NEVER hurt one beyond normal long term wear. That includes making runs at over 100 mph that were so lean the piston would stick.

I also moddifed many Piccos and OPS's for boaters, normally installing an RPM rod. I never had one boater have premature rod failure in any one of those engines.

On the other hand I've had more than a few boaters call me , saying they would never use RPM rods again because they blew up one or even two in a row immediately after they installed them. This was simply do to improper installation and preparation.

Like wise CMB has had times when they had a rash of blown steel rods and needles that turned blue from excessive heat.

My point is that proper design and preperation is the key to making any type of rod system work in a reliable manner.

Andy,
A cheaper racing engine line sounds like a great idea! It would likely boost the sales of your pipes, hardware, parts and upgrades too. These are "complementary goods" - for example, if you can sell more potatochips you can sell more beer, and if you can sell more beer you can sell more potatochips. ;)

I am confused on one point - your MAC .67 engine is listed on your website at $409.95. Is this still the price you plan to sell them for? If so, $350 is not that much cheaper for the cheaper design you proposed.

I agree with what you are thinking about selling resonably priced, user friendly "engine-pipe-fuel systems" that are easy operate.

Thanks.

Dave
Dave,

That $409.95 price is based on the last bits of engines and parts that were imported almost 3 years ago. The new MAC 67 will be more money.

Hi Andy Hope _ Crossfingers Do you build new A/A-Pro 21 for special ceramic plastic balls bearings than swiss bearings ( free rusting) and conrod made of 7075 alumium alloy plus heavy duty thick bushs better much ?? Feel very tired to replace con rods all time because cant see inside bearing is somtime vibration or fail so worn out short time ;) Support $$$ for your business :)

Andy,

Instead of building a complete mid line engine, how about a rebuild kit for example:

Picco 67 EXR rebuild kit:

new crankshaft (radiused crank pin)

new Aluminum connecting rod

Billet piston / Sleeve / wristpin / head button

Most "other" parts are always good, crankcase, drum housing and rotor, wc heads last forever, we already use the OS 40A or 9B carb, so we dont have to re-invent those parts.

I'll never live or race long enough to use all the Picco 45's, 67's I have today.

Just a thought.

B)

I would love to see a new engine, but I need to be able to get replacement parts for the MAC .45 I have. P/S would be the first things on my list.

Thank You,

Paul

I would be running a MAC .45 now, if I could get a new P/S!!!!!! I've been hanging on to the MAC 45 I have patiently been waiting for replacement parts for two years. Thanks.

Josh-

I would be running a MAC .45 now, if I could get a new P/S!!!!!! I've been hanging on to the MAC 45 I have patiently been waiting for replacement parts for two years. Thanks. Josh-

Yep ;)

I would think that first batch of .45 P/S better be a big one , Id be willing to bet its a pretty long list of guys in the same boat...

I would be running a MAC .45 now, if I could get a new P/S!!!!!! I've been hanging on to the MAC 45 I have patiently been waiting for replacement parts for two years. Thanks. Josh-

Yep ;)

I would think that first batch of .45 P/S better be a big one , Id be willing to bet its a pretty long list of guys in the same boat...
Actually the .21 liners and rods are FAR more important than the .45s... I have at least 5 MACS that need some parts. :p :D

A low price engine will be a winner choice for your enterprise and very helpfull for the rc boaters! :D

Andy, is there also a possibility to build a MAC 45 outboard head in the future?

Thank's

I agree, the .45 are more important! lol :)

I have a MAc .21 also, I put a CMB Valvola .21 P/S in it.. Sorry I had too. The P/S look identical to me. (maybe they are different?) But I didn't really notice a performance difference.

Thanks Andy, I'm looking forward to gettting my MAC .45 going again.

Josh-

Latest posts

Back