Current IMPBA and NAMBA FE Rules.......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why I remembered that Doug. I remember weird stuff. I remembered you're a tool though so that's good. HAHA

The Turnigy Marine 120 is a very tough controller at a great price. I've had one survive a motor failure. By the way, that's the only UL-1 motor I've had fail in two years and it was my oldest. We propped up for a two lap record run. I know from onboard data logging we run peak currents well past the 80 amp burst rating. The average currents probably also exceed it some. I believe this use will cause gradual insulation breakdown eventually leading to failure. Still, two or more years of life isn't bad for a low cost motor. We didn't always get that kind of life from the low cost K&B nitro engines that I believe these spec class motors will replace.

Lohring Miller

I've been running the same UL-1 motor in my P-LSH boats for over three years. My setups are not mild, I routinely pull 80-90 amps continuous with peaks well over 100. That said, my motor does not get hot and (knock wood) it has been 100% reliable. I have not burned up an ESC in P-LSH racing. I replaced my UL-1 controller two years ago with a Castle ICE100 because I really liked the way that controller throttled, it is much easier to drive. I did not replace the UL-1 controller so I could pull higher amps.

I seem to have a lot more luck not destroying stuff than most folks. Perhaps it is not just luck. Doug has it nailed in #100 above.....

Back