Comments on Hobart

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
Hobart is 1650 miles from my house. The drive was well worth it.

First of all, it is of course the people. The people of Hobart that welcome model boaters to their town and the people that run model boats.

Secondly it is very competitive races. We all like to win our heats, but often the caliber of the competition and the weather conditions make us happy to get a second or third place finish.

Third, it is the huge pile of goodies given away.

There were racers from every corner of the USA, from Canada, and from France.

If you have ever thought of entering the races at Hobart, don't miss it next year. The experience of meeting so many racers you only read about, the experience of city employees working hard for days to make certain the race site is whatever you want, and the experience of spending time with good friends are the things you do not want to miss.

Here I am back at home after a 2 1/2 day drive and I'm already making plans for Hobart, 2013.

Al Hobbs

This is the one race that you can go to and see the Hall of Fame racers, the people that set the records, the National Champions, the " Big Dogs " that win the big races, and you get to race with all of them! IMPBA AND NAMBA, THE BEST OF THE BEST ARE AT THIS RACE! It is great to meet these people that you have only heard of or read about and get to talk with them and share ideas about boat racing and other things. This was my third year coming to this race and it is certainly at the top of my list of races to go to. Al hit the nail on the head with what he said...............couldn't have said it any better.

Dick Tyndall

I reididerate Al's ,Johns,Dickys, comments, its the place to be. Make time to get there.

Nails

In a word - AMAZING! If I could only do one race a year it would be this one. While it's always great to race with top notch competition the way the city of Hobart treats the boaters makes this event unlike any other. Can't wait for next year. :)

It's all positive from me. The toughest competition in the country, great support from the locals, and just the right mix of social event. It really is a different kind of race, all in a good way. Sign me up for next year! Stu, Bruce, Kyle, Paula, and everyone else that make this happen. First class all the way!

Later, Ron

I missed the last two years and told the family to plan nothing next year in September because I will be boating. With a years notice i will be there if I am still alive and kicking! It is the best race anywhere!!

Sounds like a great time did Al Hobbs or Don Ferette see any action in the 1/8 scale class?

Glenn

Back