CMB October SC Championships Invitational Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB) club, Charleston, SC, is happy to announce our annual SC Invitational Race at our new and very large lake located at John's Island (Charleston), SC. We have moved from our former lake in Walterboro, SC. Race dates are October 6th & 7th with open water available on Friday, October 5th, from 9 am to 7 pm. Deadline for entries with payment, by mail only, is Friday, Sept 28.

This race is the final race in the IMPBA District 13 yearly series. District 13 awards will be given out at this race.

There are 24 classes offered and include the following:

* TWIN Rigger class just added. Heat racing format with possible shootout final round to follow.

* 5 exclusive gas classes with an open offshore class that meet class specifications, including gas.

* 6 tunnel classes

* Sport 40 class

* Scale class

* RTR nitro hydro added as a speciality class - sponsored by Twisted Liquid Racing - RENEGED ON HIS COMMITMENT

* 20/40/60/90 nitro mono and hydro classes

There is a 200 boat limit so do not delay in entering. This is the last major race in the southeast for 2007.

Race motel located 15 minutes from the lake are $59.99. Driving directions are on the race flyer and are on the CMB club website of:

CMB Website

Race flyer is attached. Make checks out to CMB.

RACE DRIVING DIRECTIONS COMING IN FROM THE NORTH HAVE BEEN ADDED AS ANOTHER ATTACHMENT.

John

CMB_2007_High_Points_Entry_Form__2_.doc

DIRECTIONS_COMING_FROM_THE_NORTH_TO_THE_CMB_LAKE.doc

Attachments

• CMB_2007_High_Points_Entry_Form__2_.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DIRECTIONS_COMING_FROM_THE_NORTH_TO_THE_CMB_LAKE.doc
    25 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
John,

I am going to be in Charleston the 22nd of July. Anything going on that Sunday. Perhaps a boat race or practice session. I could stop by and see you guys.

John,I am going to be in Charleston the 22nd of July. Anything going on that Sunday. Perhaps a boat race or practice session. I could stop by and see you guys.

That can be arranged as I expect the guys will be at the lake that day. Sent you a PM about some details. Would be great to see you again!

Thanks for the hospitality. You guys have the best lake I have ever seen. It is huge! And the front bank straightaway is perfectly straight. Awsome! Definately the best straightaway trials lake I have ever seen. I see big things happenning there. All the guys were great too. I am envious! The big twin boats will love this lake. See you in October. I have to come to this race.

John Finch

It as a real honor to have you visit with us and we appreciate the most kind words. We have been working very hard on the site setting it up for racing. The tree and bank clearing, steps and dock installation and the course setup has been a long haul. We still have the driver's and CD stands to go yet and we will be ready.

The CMB club has been asked to offer the RTR hydro and then the twin rigger classes was just added too. We have a lake with over 2000' of perfect and straight runs over crystal clear deep water. An absolutely ideal site for racing and SAW trials and that may well be in the future. We are offering 24 different classes for this race so essentially any class can run.

John Finch nailed the description of the lake site and he should know as well as anyone. Do not miss this race.

John called me on the way back from the lake when he was down there, he said the lake is awesome, even for SAW trials. I'm really looking forward to coming down in October. Hmmmm, perhaps you guys might even think about hosting the Nats there, just a thought .......

....... or a hint. :D

I mailed my entry this morning.
Mine should already be there. B)

Don,

Your entry has arrived.

More site work is needed to even consider hosting the internats. However, it can very well support it once it is done. The question will be the help needed to host it as we do not have enough members to do it, at least at this moment. So a tiger team will need to be assembled to work it.

John

Hey Don, why don tyou put my trailer inside your new trailer and haul it to Charleston for me? :p

Seriously, if anyone from that area (chesapeake) has a trailer hitch and is coming to the Charleston Race, I will give $125.00 bucks towards gas to haul a small 5X8 enclosed trailer to Charleston and leave it somewhere.

~James

Hey Don, why don tyou put my trailer inside your new trailer and haul it to Charleston for me? :p
Seriously, if anyone from that area (chesapeake) has a trailer hitch and is coming to the Charleston Race, I will give $125.00 bucks towards gas to haul a small 5X8 enclosed trailer to Charleston and leave it somewhere.

~James
Let me see what I can do, give me a couple days ......... B)

~James
GAS MONEY!! I think I can work something out Gabe!!!

Hey Don, why don't you put my trailer inside your new trailer and haul it to Charleston for me? :p

~James
GAS MONEY!! I think I can work something out Gabe!!!
Don't listen to him James!! You'll never see that trailer, Scott's already got more sxxt to carry in his truck than he knows what to do with!! That trailer will get a $10 WalMart paint job to change it's looks & have the name Norris show up on the title!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott, I replied to your PM. Don, thanks for the offer, but I think we have a plan.

THANKS! ~James

All right guys the entries are starting to come in. Get your plans in line and put this race on the calendar as this new race site is a premier site in the southeast area. Listen to the comments from John Finch about the site. He is entered already.

It is the final IMPBA District 13 race for the year and the district awards will be given out then.

Don't lose out and will be a good warm up for the site for the March 2008 World Tunnel Championships.

Just out of curiosity, why limit to 200 boats?

The intent is to keep it to a 2 day race and be able to be finished by mid afternoon on Sunday. Entries over that limit will push the ability to do so with the large number of classes being offered. Open water will be all day Friday and only racing on Sat & Sun. We also do not want the racers to spend more money on the race either and have to spend another night in a motel.

Latest posts

Back