Check List for Between Heats- Looking For

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your glow plug lighter, you may have charged it but they die at the most inopportune moment . Another one is make sure if your boat died during the heat to drain all water from the hull, and clear all water from motor and pipe!

I wrote an article for the NAMBA Propwash called Tuning, Maintanance and Troubleshooting that is available on the Unlimiteds Northwest website that many people have have emailed me saying they found it quite useful. Hope it helps. It's under the "About" section of the website. It can be found at www.unlimitednw.org

I have seen this people start their motors in the wrong direction (bigchuck) LOL.

I figured out that one of the tunnel guys had used the starter and reversed the jump cable.............. :angry: :angry: :angry:

It will not happen again!!! ;) ;) ;)
Chuck, remove the rubber insert and machine the cone off the pulley. ;) Ain't nobody using that to start a tunnel. :p .......==={}

I have seen this people start their motors in the wrong direction (bigchuck) LOL.

I figured out that one of the tunnel guys had used the starter and reversed the jump cable.............. :angry: :angry: :angry:

It will not happen again!!! ;) ;) ;)
Chuck, remove the rubber insert and machine the cone off the pulley. ;) Ain't nobody using that to start a tunnel. :p .......==={}

Ray...that was the part that got me...???? It is machined already. Some how between mono and twin it was changed. But like I said........."it will not happen again."

I got 2 rules that I try and follow that make for an awesome day of racing. Both of these I came up with at a nationals that I planned on doing really well at. Half way through the week was doing horrible. I brought 13 boats of which I should of placed at least half in the top five. First rule was finish heats. Dont care where. Just bring it home. Last place is worth more points than a DNF. The next rule was to spend more time in the chair. That way you dont feel so exhausteed after a weekend of racing. Up to this day, I have never had a bad day of racing when these rules are followed. Ask anyone who races with me.

SIT MORE AND FINISH HEATS!!! The plan for the day.

Well the finish heats statement is certainly worth its weight in gold, hard to sit when you at your own club tho- well for some of us :rolleyes:

Another thing I would add would be a spare glow plug- in your pocket- WITH the plastic slightly peeled back already-

Funny how hard a new plug is to get out of the pack when your on the clock isnt it ? ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

Even better, test that new plug! Have had new ones that were bad.

Don
See there ya go Don , adding crap to my already feeble mind :p

Actually, if I FAILED to check the one in the boat that was bad-

WHY THE HECK would I remember to check the one in MY pocket ??????? :blink: :p :lol: :p

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2 rules that I try and follow that make for an awesome day of racing. Both of these I came up with at a nationals that I planned on doing really well at. Half way through the week was doing horrible. I brought 13 boats of which I should of placed at least half in the top five. First rule was finish heats. Dont care where. Just bring it home. Last place is worth more points than a DNF. The next rule was to spend more time in the chair. That way you dont feel so exhausteed after a weekend of racing. Up to this day, I have never had a bad day of racing when these rules are followed. Ask anyone who races with me.

Well the finish heats statement is certainly worth its weight in gold, hard to sit when you at your own club tho- well for some of us :rolleyes:

Another thing I would add would be a spare glow plug- in your pocket- WITH the plastic slightly peeled back already-

Funny how hard a new plug is to get out of the pack when your on the clock isnt it ? ;)

Andy
Andy,

Don
Andy,

Don
See there ya go Don , adding crap to my already feeble mind :p

Actually, if I FAILED to check the one in the boat that was bad-

WHY THE HECK would I remember to check the one in MY pocket ??????? :blink: :p :lol: :p

Andy
Mike knows, that's I wear the Crazy Al apron. Keeps all that stuff handy. ;) ......==={}

It comes in handy when all your plugs are good ever since i switched to ODonnel plugs i never had trouble with bad plugs Robert

Weird how well it works too...

Pretty rare, I know, but I had 12 of O'donnell plugs last year that were packaged in 97 wrappers that were all 99s... Had a DNS last year on that basis.

On top of all the excellent suggestions for between heat procedures: Pack reading glasses to check plug type

Latest posts

Back