Check List for Between Heats- Looking For

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Petro

We are forming a new club and have quite a few new boaters.

We would like to put together a checklist that they can use to help remember what to do between heats.

Anything will help, even the Tom Foley "remove everything, rechrome liners, repaint boat and assemble before next heat" will work for us...

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Joe that's funny !! I try to be prepared but sometimes incur a "FAIL" !!

Here is a list of some things that come to mind ;

Refill fuel tank and check/backflush filter with brakleen . Clip off or plug fuel line till next heat

Remove and inspect plug for condition and good function.Blow out engine with starter . Replace plug if necessary .

Adjust needle rich or lean if plug tells you to . Flow and record reading for future reference if you can .

Remove and re- grease shaft if necessary . TIGHTEN SHAFT ! Check prop nut .

Inspect engine bay(s) for loose parts like engine mount screws etc .

Grab turn fin , make sure it's tight .

Move to the transom and check strut and rudder attachments . Tighten as needed .

Clean boat a bit and pet and fondle it some so it's happy for the next battle !! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A good one for newbies - make sure receiver is switched off and there is no water inside the radio box.

I won a heat of X-Mono on the wrong model once- yeeee haaaaaw , once I figured out that left was right and right was left- it was all good :ph34r:

Make sure the boat and radio are off -

If it got wet - after clearing water- re fire the motor and let the case get warm to the touch to help remove any moisture.-

If you " NOT SURE" if your radio box stay's dry - CHECK IT- please. ;)

Andy

BOLD PRINT & UNDERLINED - REFUEL BETWEEN HEATS

There's been too many times I forgot to refuel immediately and ran out of fuel the next heat. Probably racing 4 boats a day doesn't help either.

JD

I won a heat of X-Mono on the wrong model once- yeeee haaaaaw , once I figured out that left was right and right was left- it was all good :ph34r:
Yea, they probably got out of your way, thinking who's this crazy SOB. RRRay............==={}
Thats my normal line RRRay :blink:

Besides , Nobody ever cried "wild boat" :rolleyes: And I figured it out before the heat started, sorta :p

BOLD PRINT & UNDERLINED - REFUEL BETWEEN HEATS

There's been too many times I forgot to refuel immediately and ran out of fuel the next heat. Probably racing 4 boats a day doesn't help either.

JD
That quite possibly cost me a nationals class victory once. Only had to finish the last round to win it. 20 seconds after launch it stopped - tank was bone dry! I'm ashamed to say it's happened again since then, so I didn't learn my lesson!

After refilling i like to pinch the fuel line to keep it from flooding.If the boat died i get it back on the stand and try to see why it died.Pull plug check plug blow it out see if hoses are attached or got pinched.Check pipe to see if it moved.Check motor for loose parts check linkage check hardware and prop.Check radio for glitching and proper model.Sometimes you have other duties like pit boss or retrieving then have your pit person take over your checklist.If you did your testing prior to race day should have all the bugs worked out unless you got in a accident.Then its a simple look over fuel and watch the racing .

Turn off receiver battery switch after every run.... Turn receiver back on before every run. Last thing anybody wants to see is the new guys boat going full throttle straight into the beach.

I have seen this people start their motors in the wrong direction (bigchuck) LOL.

I figured out that one of the tunnel guys had used the starter and reversed the jump cable.............. :angry: :angry: :angry:

It will not happen again!!! ;) ;) ;)

Back