Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it is still over a month away and we already have thrills and spills at the pond. Mod-VP is shaping up to be a fun class this year and the boats are running better than ever. (Someone is already showing a speed advantage because of a custom made prop from Germany). I'll have to sneak over there on race day and replace it with one of the Atwells props. I got a sneak peak at another one of Rusty's fine paint jobs. Also got to see one of the best tunnel crashes ever.

Can't wait till we go on the clock!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are trying to bend the rules in there favor. One dead lap or one lap behind.....

I wonder if thats in the rule book or otherwise will need a sheriff to help me out LOL

Come one, the guys that have fast boats, are needing to learn the new course in that pool over there.

Ronald.

Come one, the guys that have fast boats, are needing to learn the new course in that pool over there.
Ronald, nothing to worry about:

A course is a course of course, of course.

And anyone can race on a course of course

That is of course unless the course is the famous CMB.

Go right to the source and see the course

He'll give you the answer that you endorse.

Drive always on a steady course

Go to CMB.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day

But CMB will never speak unless he has something to say.

A course is a course, of course, of course,

And people will smack 'til their voice is hoarse.

You never been to this racing course?

Well listen to this. Go to CMB.

For those wondering what the heck this is about, click here while reading...

Well Mike Crawford and I have made our reservations at the Ramada and the entry forms are leaving in tomorrows mail.

:unsure: :blink: :rolleyes: I must race the boat..... :huh: :eek: :p Grims Jedi powers are strong and so I will be racing in 2 classes (providing that I and the equipment do ok on Friday during practice)

Mike will be racing the gas tunnel along with the rest of his boats.

I for one am looking forward to getting my boats wet in my first endeavor in tunnel boat racing....

We all know the main reason is so that next year I can talk smack too!!! :lol:

Bill

PS... We have cowlings on the way and 3 gas boats in progress...... two of the three have already been spoken for, so if you are wanting one let us know as he is accepting deposits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, everyone must really be spending time at the lake preparing for this one. No time to smack talk. I thought the Atwells (according to Jr. and his "facts") were locked and loaded, saying they were prepared. Must be filing on more props. And what of these GAS outboard guys? Are they worried about offending us with some smack talk of their own? Offend this bunch? HAHAHA!! Maybe some sort contest can be arranged at the lake for the best smack talkers. Maybe even a prize....................................

mailed the registration for B sport, B mod and D mod.

quick q's, anybody can tell me about fastest lap. do i need to pay extra in registration, how this thing conduct...thanks.

jul

Yes the fast lap is held on Sat nite after dark and the fees of 25.00 per run are to be paid to Steve Hearl cash only please,bring your own glo sticks

quick q's, anybody can tell me about fastest lap. do i need to pay extra in registration, how this thing conduct...thanks.

jul

Jul,

Don't believe him for a minute. It will be after racing is concluded on Saturday and while the food is cooking for everyone. Need to enter by the race registration form in the class(es) desired so we can allocate the needed time to run it. There is no cost this year to enter. Fastest lap time around the course and we will record the speed using a radar gun. ONE TIME shot at it per racer with a 4 minute time limit.

John

Yes the fast lap is held on Sat nite after dark and the fees of 25.00 per run are to be paid to Steve Hearl cash only please,bring your own glo sticks

hahaha! :lol: :lol: u got me there, i'm about to install headlight and tail lights on my tunnel coz it gonna be dark...

Thanks, John.

jul

Jul,

Don't believe him for a minute. It will be after racing is concluded on Saturday and while the food is cooking for everyone. Need to enter by the race registration form in the class(es) desired so we can allocate the needed time to run it. There is no cost this year to enter. Fastest lap time around the course and we will record the speed using a radar gun. ONE TIME shot at it per racer with a 4 minute time limit.

John
Actually we will be using a couple stopwatches, the radar is just for grins. The stopwatches will determine the winner. The average of the two times will be what it is written down. This isnt official SAW or Time trials, just a little something that has proven to be fun in the past. If there is any moaning about .002 second differences, then we usually shoot you, chop you up into small peices, and feed you to our pond gator, Gerdy.

Thanks!

~James

jul

Jul,

John
Actually we will be using a couple stopwatches, the radar is just for grins. The stopwatches will determine the winner. The average of the two times will be what it is written down. This isnt official SAW or Time trials, just a little something that has proven to be fun in the past. If there is any moaning about .002 second differences, then we usually shoot you, chop you up into small peices, and feed you to our pond gator, Gerdy.

Thanks!

~James
James,

what kind of radar gun r u guys usin' there is it a Hotwheels from walmart?? :lol: and just make sure the stopwatch has 2nd hand and capable to stop to make it accurate :lol: ,,

jul

jul

Jul,

John

Thanks!

~James
James,

what kind of radar gun r u guys usin' there is it a Hotwheels from walmart?? :lol: and just make sure the stopwatch has 2nd hand and capable to stop to make it accurate :lol: ,,

jul

We have 2 Stalker radar guns in the club and plan on using digital stop watches. Only question to be asked will be "Do we know how to use them when YOU are running!!" You have a little more than a month to worry about that. LOL!

Guys,

Is it still a 'sport' motor if the liner from an RG is turned down to fit in the XM considering it is pretty much the same apart from the construction??

Kris

no worries James, you mentioned something in that PM so i thought i would make sure...

Guess I forgot you were the outboard director and probably the best person to ask :)

O well I will have one turned down so I can run it over here with no dramas and use a stock on there :p

Kris

Back