Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is more like it!

Tunnel Mafia.... thats cute, really.

Jr. did you really think your comments were worthy of a whole 'nother thread? I guess you have a girlfriend now, cuz you fingers havent been glued to the keyboard lately... whats that? no? no girlfriend? Ever wonder why? Its because of your oaf of a Dad dude... You still have time man, break the mold. He scares chicks away.

Jul, welcome aboard, glad you and Mark are coming. I will wait to get to know you better before I start the smack talk..... unless you throw the first punch, then its fair game. Mark Scott, on the other hand, Ive met, so he isnt immune to it. Look forward to seeing you guys!

Premo comes out of the woodwork! You may be right about the sport boat... But rest assured, I dont mind a little rubbin while racing, no matter how the boats looks. But you already know that. :) Oh yeah, and we WILL have two stop watches for the fast lap this year, just for you. (its actually a good idea, I think we should take the average of the two readings?)

Where is Ron Drake? he has an account on here im pretty sure... didnt he used to race boats or something? I think I remember him from years ago running tunnels. Ron, Ill bring an extra can of WD-40, it helps with removing rust. (PS, Im bringing the onions...)

Same above goes for Jeff Whiddon.

Carl, glad to here from you, was getting a little worried. You tell Mr Talley to take it easy on me and my Twin, im a "Twin Newbie", and tell him to take those **** magnets out of his boat, dont want a re-occurence from years past with "mating lynx's"

Where is Tonya? A little too quiet in here with out my big mouth, slurred speach, redneck buddy..

~James

Tunnel boat MAFIA..... ha ha
heck you dont even have a good MAFIA BOSS..

Grim
I think Otto would make a good mafia boss, you know the quiet, bearded type that would just as soon burry you in a hot pit of molten steel than shake your hand? Certainly looks the part, short, Italian or Greek or something...

~James

Now this is more like it!
Tunnel Mafia.... thats cute, really.

Jr. did you really think your comments were worthy of a whole 'nother thread? I guess you have a girlfriend now, cuz you fingers havent been glued to the keyboard lately... whats that? no? no girlfriend? Ever wonder why? Its because of your oaf of a Dad dude... You still have time man, break the mold. He scares chicks away.
Jr., nope sorry that was from the mouth of Sr. Sorry Homer. You really do remind me of Homer Simpson. Doesn't he guys? He has the bald head, the belly and all to go with it. Just stick a beer in his hand and he's ready to go. As far as girlfriend goes, well that depends on which day of the week you ask me. Currently I have an opening for Thursday's girl but aside from that it seems the rest of the week is full. Come on Gabe don't be jealous. Just face the facts. You even scare little kids away so I'm pretty sure when it comes to women you're on even playing ground with my dad there. Yeah, that was a burn, I just said that you and my dad were alike. Good ole Gabe, though at least he's consistent. I mean, he's not to good with the ladies, not to good with boat racing..... his adventures all wind up about the same, with Gabe sucking. It must be some kind of disease because I believe that you passed it on to your girlfriend Donna too.

Mark Poole, nice little plug for OMC I must admit. Just don't let your head get too big with your successful ModVPs and think about venturing into the tunnel side of boat building. Leave that to Mr. Hopper, he's slightly more qualified :p .

Mr. Carl, long time no see. You must've gotten my little stock boat laying down some blistering fast lap times because I sure haven't seen it in a while ;) . Might see it in the next SAW trials aye?

Ronald nice attempt at smack talk rookie. lol. Looking forward to you making that hop across the pond in March. Don't forget to your wooden dance shoes. We might make you a demonstration for us. Oh yeah, and bring some more of those waffle caramel cookie things. Mr. Rushing might get violent if you don't :lol: .

To all they guys who are still entryless:

• Steve Hearle
  • M&M Talley and Rushing (bring the pink tutus)
  • Carl V.
  • Wade'nater
  • the Vision boats group
  • Norman Morton
  • The Beardens
  • Kevin Lee
  • Martin Tidwell
  • Mr. Ernie LaFleur
  • Chris Grim
  • Chris Wittreg
  • Team Leecraft
  • Steve Cirmella
  • Alan Aamick
  • The rest of the Lapps crew
and anyone else who drives a tunnel boat or has access to one. Come on over to Waltersboro South Carolina for the greatest race that you will ever attend. If your afraid, don't worry we'll take it eas......nope scratch that, we'll treat you just like everybody else. But at least you'll have fun.

~Mitch Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior....tunnel boats are easy. I did the Mod-VP because I knew it would be a challenge. By the way, what has happened to that Mod-VP/tunnel project that I kept hearing about? Tell y'all what, build a Mod-VP that will outrun mine and I'll build a tunnel that will smoke any tunnel that you have. Of course mine would be from scratch, not sure what y'all would put together. Besides, if my little boats keep getting faster we will be smoking those picklefork boats for the fun of it. Gosh, imagine the Mod-VP speed record being faster than the tunnel record. Then I guess you will want one of mine.....take a number. HAHAHAHA!!!

Jaxracer

Girls girls girls, even the man in his playboy mension cannot handle them all by hyimself. So let me hlelp you out while you are busy trying with the florida gang driving toyboats. I have plenty of experience, not a girl a day, but a couple every stretch I fly...... ;)

At least the mouthes of the gang are big enough for cookies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ronald.

soooo does this continue face to face or are we all too scared??

just curious if i might get to see some flying fists on race day ;-)

soooo does this continue face to face or are we all too scared??
just curious if i might get to see some flying fists on race day ;-)

Kris,

Have no fear, just a raucous good time for all of us will be had. Practical jokes are at the EXTREME among this group as Grim and his racing buddy Wayne George can attest to. I wonder if Wayne dares to come back for a reload this year. Have a very good suspicion that others will be also be in the cross hairs this year too. This is not WWF but we have a lot of fun with each other.

PS: Just watch out for the pool chairs!!!

Kris

Hope you can teach some of these blooks a lesson. Some say there are from the south, call themselves even a gang, well last year we had a Sheriff, but it seems better to have someone from real south, that is from down under.

Just a word of advise: poolchairs, cars and highway etiquette, check it all out.

Come on HOP IN-and join us but put your clock on the correct time and date so you will not miss any action.

Ronald.

Where's the Senior Discount on the Entry Form? ;)
JD

Jerry,

Do you plan in coming? If you say yes, I guess we'll be talking. Race sponsors and those that donate substantial items (such as hulls) to the raffle pool can have the entry fees reduced or waived. Several options are available. If you would send me a PM or e mail and we get the discussion going.

John

JD

Jerry,

Do you plan in coming? If you say yes, I guess we'll be talking. Race sponsors and those that donate substantial items (such as hulls) to the raffle pool can have the entry fees reduced or waived. Several options are available. If you would send me a PM or e mail and we get the discussion going.

John
Hi John,

I'll be sending in my entry form soon. Russ Williamson is the guy to "hit up" for a raffle donation. I'm planning to fly into Champaign, link up with the "Grimster" and head southeast. Looking forward to meeting the other racers. I'll take my "Senior Discount" during the racing - JD gets a one lap head start :rolleyes: .

JD

JD

Woohoo! Jerry's coming to the Tunnel Champs!

Well this is gonna be a star studded event for sure. I have to dig up that "its all Dunnys fault" shirt again....

~James

JD

Jerry,

John
Hi John,

I'll be sending in my entry form soon. Russ Williamson is the guy to "hit up" for a raffle donation. I'm planning to fly into Champaign, link up with the "Grimster" and head southeast. Looking forward to meeting the other racers. I'll take my "Senior Discount" during the racing - JD gets a one lap head start :rolleyes: .

JD

JD

Jerry,

It will quite an honor to have you attend the race. The prestige of the race just went up a good deal. Now if we can just get in Ernie LeFleur it will be an absolute who's who at the race. Anyone that misses this race will be missing a true championship level race for tunnel racing anywhere on this planet.

BTW - Russ has been contacted and has been most gracious in supporting the past two Tunnel Championships.

One lap lead huh? Not sure if a general vote of approval will pass on that.

John

Jerry is just trying to play his "old man" card... He is the last person that would get my vote for a "head start". The Atwell boys maybe, only because I feel sorry for them, but definately not Jerry. Jerry has forgotten more about tunnels than most of us will ever know! (Jerry, you are also not immune to smack talk. In fact, you are a new type of "fresh meat". I can think of a thousand different "old man" smack routines...hmmm... this could get interesting! :) )

~James

BTW- John, now that the ex teacher Jerry is on board, let try to keep our grammar mistakes to a minimum. It's supposed to be "Russ HAS been contacted", not "have"!

James,

Well, I suppose "fresh meat" sounds better than "old meat." Looks like playing the "Senior Citizen" card isn't going to get me anywhere with this crowd.

JD

James,
Well, I suppose "fresh meat" sounds better than "old meat." Looks like playing the "Senior Citizen" card isn't going to get me anywhere with this crowd.

JD
IMPBA does not recognize the AARP card? At least you can still get a discount at a hotel, and cracker-barrel so all is not lost.

Jerry is just trying to play his "old man" card... He is the last person that would get my vote for a "head start". The Atwell boys maybe, only because I feel sorry for them, but definately not Jerry. Jerry has forgotten more about tunnels than most of us will ever know! (Jerry, you are also not immune to smack talk. In fact, you are a new type of "fresh meat". I can think of a thousand different "old man" smack routines...hmmm... this could get interesting! :) )
~James

BTW- John, now that the ex teacher Jerry is on board, let try to keep our grammar mistakes to a minimum. It's supposed to be "Russ HAS been contacted", not "have"!

Gabe,

Lots of ruck bub, need my glasses? I've got it right so check it again. Besides, with some of the other guys and the way they write, I could make a mistake and get away with it because he will never get through with them to touch me!! LOL.

Just be careful with JD. He will be holding classes again at the race for many racers! School's in session again. Will be great to finally meet him, and Mark Hopper, and the Kensil's and the rest of the troops. What a treat for all of us.

330T - shoot, even I qualified for AARP - several years ago!

Ahhhh, go ahead and give him a one lap lead. Closest Jerry has come to down south tunnel racing was at the Internats a couple years ago in Jackson. Down here we have a way of making a one lap lead evaporate...real fast. A quick huddle of the good ol boys just before the race (the only time Clegg, Poole, Knight, Gibert and the Atwells work as a team) and a one lap lead means nothing! :lol:

I also think Ronald should start the race one lap down. I have seen his boat run. :eek:

well lets see i sent off my imbpa membership reg. today. i also printed off my race entry today hopefully the rest of the lapps crew will be entering soon also. word has it that bob halliday has a 20 tunnel now also maybe a wild card there hum!!!!!!!

allen

Bob does not know how to drive boats that don't have trim tabs, don't chine walk and don't lean over in the corners. I smell a new smack talk champion already. KA CHING!!!!

Back