Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Well guys, here it is. The time has come.

The Charleston Model Boaters would like to announce the 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships.

The Entry form with all information needed is at the bottom of this posting.

Do not delay, get you entries in as soon as possible to secure your frequency. We have the biggest names in the sport that will be attending from all over the country, as well as some international folks including, Germany, Netherlands, and Australia. For lack of better wording, this is the mother of all tunnel races.

~James Clegg, IMPBA National OB Tunnel Director

Ok guys, our fearless distrcit 13 leader Bobby Haliday has once again gotten the website ready for the 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Chamionships race. you can keep up to date on sponsors, entries and plenty of other info.

Click ....HERE.... for the Website!

Tonya, Shut up.

~James

I would like to take this time to Congratulate James on his new position as IMPBA OBD

Being a member of the IMPBA is a very important step to the health of our hobby. Its also very important for somebody like James to step up and take on this very important position. Without question it takes the right attitude towards others, James has what it takes and we are in good hands.

Three Cheers for our very own Topfuel443

Hip Hip…..HOORAY

Hip Hip…..HOORAY

Hip Hip…..HOORAY

Congrats buddy and see you in March

X-IMPBA OBD.. Grimracer

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, thanks for the kind words, as I have said before, I have huge shoes fill after your departure... I was honored to be selected for this position and think any one of us Tunnel heads would be. I am always open to compliments, suggestions, opinions, gripes, complaints and all out bitching, my contact info for all is below.

James Gabe Clegg

PSC 2 Box 12548

APO, AE 09012

803-233-4691 (dont wory its the same as calling within the states... only we are 6 hours AHEAD of EST)

[email protected]

Mark, yes please! I would like one of each! looking forward to seeing you all in March.

Thanks ~James

PS, Dont think you guys are immune to smack talk from me just because of this new title... :blink:

Ahhh.... The BIG tunnel race is fastly approaching, the entries are rolling in (see them HERE ) and the boats are being tuned... (Or broken if you are Mark Scott). Only 83 days left until the new National Outboard Champions are crowned...

So where is all of the smackers? Not much from the Fatwell brothers, Mark tried to take a jab at me, but he is a newbie to smack talk, so it was about as useless as throwing a beach chair off the Titanic to try and save weight....it's not gonna matter, you're still goin down!....

Mitch Jr. must have discovered girls, havent seen him on here in weeks. Dude, you are better off leaving them alone, you dont want to be like your Dad and Uncle Tonya do you? Someone told me that you have a really fast sport boat or mod boat or whatever now.... isnt that an oxymoron? Atwell/Fast boat?

Ron Byrd, Otto, Talley, Van Houten, Rushing, Premo, Whiddon, Fatwells, Hearle, Lee... you boys ready or what?

Lets here what you guys are bringing to the race, here's my fleet:

Villain, Sport 20 Tunnel, O.E.R. OS Engine

Nemesis, Sport 40 (twin .21's), O.E.R OS Engines

Villain, Open FE, NEU Brushless

Villain, FE Q Tunnel, NEU Brushless

Nemesis, Mod .21, O.E.R. Rossi Engine

Nemesis, Open Tunnel, (twin .21's) O.E.R OS Engines

Villain, Offshore, O.E.R. OS Engines

That ought to be enough to keep me busy for a while...

Roll Call..... Who is next?

~James

My 360 will still kick your butt back to Germany :p

Fleet will be:

Sport 20: 29" WOF, K&B SS

Mod 20: HTB290 / MAC / Lawless / SPP or Gadgetcraft pipe

Sport 40: 34" WOF, K&B Pro

Mod 40: HTB360 / Nelson / Lawless / SPP or Garica

Gas: Predator X / Zac Price preped G260 / Lawless / SPP

Think that will be enough for my first Tunnel OB Nats race..

Gabe

i was gonna wait until the 1st of january,

You asked for it, so you get it

Take a look who is on top of some entry lists, I am planning on be there all the way.

And it seems a lot of boats you will run, but actually its 4, right? Looks like a little big mouth to me LOL

Thats it for now

Ronald.

Come on Ronald, only two classes?? :blink:

Yep its four boats, any more than that and im gonna have to take out a loan for the shipping costs...

~James

Yep its four boats, any more than that and im gonna have to take out a loan for the shipping costs...

~James
I know I have more then two boats in my possesion but he, shipping takes long remember...

Can't risk that they are not there on time.

Besides Maybe I need some space to bring more boats home.

Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:

~James
I know I have more then two boats in my possesion but he, shipping takes long remember...

Ronald.

Ronald,

You can enter more than just 2 classes. Open and the Offshore can be run with any boat and the 20 Mod that I have waiting for you here will do quite well in either or both.

~James

Ronald.

Ronald,

You can enter more than just 2 classes. Open and the Offshore can be run with any boat and the 20 Mod that I have waiting for you here will do quite well in either or both.
IIRC, it didn't even take a mod to win offshore last year! ;)

See... there ya go guys, a bone stock TS2 with an OS took the honors last year. A true testament that you dont have to spend big bucks to win races, a well set-up well tuned boat will run circles around a 1,000 dollar mod boat that is dead in the water.

Piperchuck, what are you bringing this year?

~James

Not only was it bone stock, the first time it got wet was open water the weekend of the race.

James, unfortunately, I can't make it this year. Second daughter is due early in March and I'm not going anywhere for at least the first month. After that hopefully I'll be able to get to some races.

ahh... I didnt realize you guys were expecting another. Congratulations! see ya in 2008?

~James

Not only was it bone stock, the first time it got wet was open water the weekend of the race.
James, unfortunately, I can't make it this year. Second daughter is due early in March and I'm not going anywhere for at least the first month. After that hopefully I'll be able to get to some races.
Chuck you old dog, thats great, mine is 27 and I still haven't recovered.

congratulations,

Mike B

Chuck

You MUST defend your title from last year.

Bring the wife and we take care of the delivery if necessary...while you are busy with the boats ;)

Ronald

Latest posts

Back