Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is I was front and center for the whole race and I saw some GREAT Boat Racers in Action, some Very Very Skilled Driving and No Doubt the Fastest Heat Racing Tunnels in the World!! It was a pleasure to Witness without a doubt.

A note to Kris Flynn, If you come back next year, I'll try to speak clearer, without the Southern Twang (Yea Right). First time I spoke to Kris he looked at me like I was speaking Japanese. Kris made up for it after he recieved his 1st place trophy though and an Atwell hollered "Good Job Mate!", His response was, "Thanks Ya'll!!!" :lol: :lol:

I would like to thank CMB for putting on a great race this year. I would like to see this race grow even more next year and the racing gets better every year. Great job guys.

mike

Congrats to Kris and to all that did well!! Sounds like a truly awesome event! Can't wait to see all the pic's!

I was suprised to see Tonya make a reply in here so soon after the race. After all, he has some good reading material that he got from me at the race. :lol: And no, there are no pages missing. :p I get my new boat ready I'll come down there and show the tunnel boat mafia the way around the race course. :eek:

JUST arrived home.... 17 hrs.... glad to be alive...... The racing was all I'd have hoped to see....... course, keeping the title north helps too.....( who was that shrimp cookin loud guy, anyway?) ( an Atwell?) I took some points from the mix.........DNF in the last heat of mod crashed the dream...... I'da been elated with a top ten........My boats were in a different league..... like, finish the race! Anyway, it WAS the best of the best, and it showed for sure........( with alotta carnage mixed in!) congratulations to all that placed..... you earned it........ Killer thanks to the CMB club, for the monster task of setting the race up, it was work, hot, and took big efforts to pull it off....... no event like it hands down.... Throwin it out to the sponsors!!! Thank you for the items not only I won, but everyone..... there was alotta nice stuff...... you guys make it happen....... hats off. Delerious and spinning, the nitro, or the drivin, I'm shot.... I've got lotsa video, gotta figure out how to transfer it to DVD........ tons of pics too, hang tight........ Results might be on the CMB web site? Mike

WOW! What a deal, this event has to be the largest gathering of nitro tunnels on earth! Hats off to the whole group running this event. GOOD JOB Yes Tony the stock boat did run well with the bouy, as long as I stayed in it the bouy was off the water, I thought I might overheat because of the added load, so when I backed off she dug in. Tried it again but they tied the dam bouy better.

Gas Tunnel was a blast, but we all have work to do,don't worry we will do it. I don't think Mr. Poole realizes he has put him self in jeopardy of waking up in the morning with the severed head of a Mod VP next to him!WE do have mob members located in Savannah area.

My apology for the mix-up on the low country boil, Tony asked me for some Everglades Seasoniong, I realized Sunday that he grabbed the Metamucil instead, I really did think he could read. Jerry and Mikey hope you got your notes,great honor to have you there. Talk about some bullets from around the globe, If you missed this, might as well skip xmas too! Met some more great people in the awesome r/c boat world

This race was definitly the most fun you could have with your clothes on!!!

Thanks to John Otto for keeping alot of us going with his massive selection of parts

Steve H.

Hey everyone, Mike C and I just arrived back in the great north land of cheese.

I must say that I had one heck of a GREAT time. My first time racing boats and I got treated to some of the greatest racing that I have seen.

Thanks to all of the CMB members for putting on a great show, you guys did a heck of a job. To anyone that did not make this race...... too bad for you, you missed some great racing!!! You need to make plans now for next years, I know that I WILL BE BACK!!

An absolute great bunch of people made one heck of a great race. Thats everyone, from everywhere!

Thanks again for putting on such a great race.... see you all again next year

Bill Van Kirk

His and Hers Hobbies

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve I ain't scared. At some point this year I'm going to make a Florida race with my new boat and motor. That is going to be ugly when this Georgia boy comes down there and knocks off the NAMBA tunnel boat mafia. :lol:

Seriously, I am glad everyone enjoyed it. Don't know right now how we are going to top it next year but we will. ;)

He Guys,

I am home too, the wx over the ocean was not so good as at the races( wine spilled all over me- **** Delta pilots LOL )

I am happy with the results, thanks too my pitman Mike Larsson who helped me most of the heats. What would you be without a good pitman? Especially the mod vp was interesting, since these boats run more or less at the same speed.

My 4th place in 20 tunnel, well next year I will have to step up and finish a place higher I guess.

So watch out all who's coming.

It was a f..great weekend meeting the old folks again and meeting new ones.

The CMB club, yeah my club that is, did a great job in organising a great event.

Thank y'all

Ronald.-aka as the moron ;)

Gotta love those southern model boaters - first time I've ever been called "Mr. Dunny." Thanks to all the CMB gang for hosting a terrific event. Largest model tunnel boat ever held. Great folks, food, awards, race site, and the racing wasn't all that bad either.

First thing I noticed when I pulled in the driveway this afternoon is the grass needs to be mowed again.

JD

Glad you made it back safe Jerry.

Thanks for the Tape. It should get me through this racing season!

Nice meeting you and I hope you'll come back to Redneck Country again. Maybe bring some West Coasters with you?

I went into this race HOPING for a top 10.. Wishing for a top 5… and got much more then that… Im not only talking about a win here…

After the race i went up to the race CD and tried to thank him for everything.. It was then that I realized that no words besides Thank you could ever be enough...

The idea that this club would one day hold the largest Tunnel OB race in the world could not have possibly been thought of..

I would like to thank the CMBClub for having the moxie and vision to see what others over the last 15 or so years could not. I would like to thank President Zuber and the entire IMPBA board for there backing. But most of all I would like to thank the racers for there kindness and friendship.

Mitch, and Mitch Jr,….. Tony….

The Tunnel Mafia (and your frickn Zip Ties…hahahahah) (thanks for the kind note, we had a great drive home)

The rowdy gang (years ahead of the rest)

Our International drivers

Our good friends from the great state of TN.

Ladys

New and old friends..

Thanks for everything, take care and see you next year..

Missing Ron Byrd at the event was not easy.. Take care bud… Hope you can come back racing soon..

Grimracer

Hello everyone,

I just also wanted send a BIG thanks out to the CMB club for putting on a awesome weekend - Great food, great racing and very nice people...... thought the photo start was a nice touch, something I`d never seen before.....Mark and I were already talking about making the trip down next year....

Talk Soon, Mike

Latest posts

Back