Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a good chance that Mike C and I will get out of here a day early and make our way down there a day early. Is there open water time on Wed, Thur??????

See you all in a couple of days!!

Bill

There is a good chance that Mike C and I will get out of here a day early and make our way down there a day early. Is there open water time on Wed, Thur??????
See you all in a couple of days!!

Bill

Bill,

Just received a call from your racing buddy and informed him of the schedule. Please call him to get filled in on the details. The open water for the race starts Friday at 9 am.

John

Not that it really matters but how many boats are you planning on putting in each heat.

Mark

DAMMM 8 boat heats!? we hardly get 4 in a heat LOL O well will be GREAT Experience !!!!

ANYWAY I will see everyone on Thursday or Friday when ever you get to the Motel...you wont e ableto miss us Aussie ;)

CANT WAIT plane leaves here in 14 hours!!!

Seeya on the other side guys!

Kris

BTW Tim, I think I am good for everything...

Now why would the Atwells want to be in the fast lap competition?? :lol: New props?? Rocket engine mounted in the rear of the boat?? John, if they want to be in 40 fast lap then let then run an 80 or a 1.0 cu in. outboard in it. That might make up for their driving. Can't really use the words Atwell and fast lap in the same statement. Let them enter and pay to humor themselves. :lol: And hey Tonya, how dare you call Aunt B a gorilla!!

Look here MR Poole one more remark like that and you will be strictly prohibited from the JAR :(

Get in on the jar Mike, you will be seeing more than dead people! Heck, I am always seeing DUBL. Ok Tonya just don't forget to bring the swimp, taters, sawsage and korn....and the unyons too.

(For those not coming to this event.....ya gotta be here to understand)

Last edited by a moderator:
(For those not coming to this event.....ya gotta be here to understand)

How about the newbies coming ?

Ed

Ed, the newbies will have a new understanding of "model boat racing event" when they leave out on Sunday. Once you get past the culture shock just join in and do what the rest of us do. Just don't die laughing ok?

I'm looking forward to it . See everyone soon

Is it as bad as the infeild at Talladega?

Ray , LMAO :D :D :D I sorta miss NJ . .......................... NOT !!!!!!!!! 9:30pm and it's 67 degress

Last edited by a moderator:
Awright fellers I got 30lbs of swrimp 45 lbs of taters sht load of sausage 168 ears of corn and 2 giant onions. yaw better have your grub on :) Oh I almost forgot 1 jar of juice ;) ;) ;) Mark Poole no juice for you :lol: :lol: :(

I will be providing text and photos for an article on the event for RC Boat Modeler. Matt Boyd, of RC Boat Modeler, was very interested in coverage. The challenge now will be for JD to remember to bring along his camera. :unsure:
JD

BTW - I think Grim meant "it is blowing a gale" in his previous post.

JD, BRING YOUR CAMERA!!! I will be taking photos as well, as I plan on doing an article for the Roostertail. That is great news that RCBM is considering an article about the tunnel race!

Kris, yesterday I made two laps with the FE boat and the batteries were at 140 degrees! I am going to have to do some serious depropping.... It didnt impress me quite like I wanted, but I think it has the potential. The boat handles great, just not quite as fast as I would've liked. The motor and speedo did just fine temp wise, but I want to go faster!

These guys better whatch out for my mod and sport entry though, they are smoking. The first time the Villain Extreme hit the water was unbelieveable, rarely do you get a tunnel that doesnt have to be touched....

The twin is extremely fast and reliable, but the hull has handling issues. The same issues as Ive had with it since day one, even with a single engine setup.. Not sure if its gonna make it.... but man does it sound sweet! I have some work to do.

~James

See you guys soon!

We decided to take our remote needles off and tune by ear to keep from being DQed! LOL

Smoking huh? Sounds fast Gabe...I built a smoke tester, ran it yesterday. We will be there Friday morning. Mike Talley is making me and Rushing over in the old rusty Dodge Van for the last racing trip before he retires it and gets himself a new "Weeble Wagon." He has been racing out of that old rust bucket for 25 years! It's time for a new one.

Carl,

Awright fellers I got 30lbs of swrimp 45 lbs of taters sht load of sausage 168 ears of corn and 2 giant onions. yaw better have your grub on :) Oh I almost forgot 1 jar of juice ;) ;) ;) Mark Poole no juice for you :lol: :lol: :(
Nice Appetizer Menu. What's for Dinner? :huh: :eek: ;)

Well.. we are loaded.. the van that is.. and ready to hit the dusty trail in the morning.. we are leaving at 4am... around 13 hours later and we should ne stoping at the pond..

Can not wait for that Low country boil.. Thanks Tony..

Im not sure i can repeat in 20 tunnel but I DO GOT GAME.

See ya all soon..

grim

Well.. we are loaded.. the van that is.. and ready to hit the dusty trail in the morning.. we are leaving at 4am... around 13 hours later and we should ne stoping at the pond..
Can not wait for that Low country boil.. Thanks Tony..

Im not sure i can repeat in 20 tunnel but I DO GOT GAME.

See ya all soon..

grim

Our overseas racers, Ronald (Moron - Netherlands), Shane Adderly (Bermuda) have already arrived this evening safely. Kris and Louise Flynn (Australia) are due in within the hour. Gabe and Don Gilbert are already are the race motel, the Ramada Inn. Off to the lake in the morning to finish the final race set ups, pit area, drivers stand, etc. Will be ready for the start of open water on Friday at 9 am. We will be rocking and racing!

Safe driving to all incoming racers.

Latest posts

Back