Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all my Tunnel racing friends. I am very sorry to have missed most of this thread and really wish I had time to read it all. I am also very sad to say I wont be able to defend my smack talkin award from last year nor see all of my old friends and meet some new ones. To all the newbies to this event you are in for a very good time win lose or drown you will not soon forget your time at the Tunnel Champs!

I got to try and leave some words of wit even though I dont really have it in me this time around due to a family tragedy but here goes........

Hey TopFool I hope your yodeling classes are about over and you can show the southern boys how you call the hogs in Germany :blink:

Hey Tonja it was a surprise to see you at the Gator Nationals this past weekend and dont worry I wont tell anyone you were wearing a Race Girl dress, high heels and makeup :lol:

As for you Hearl I just threw up and it reminded me of you.........Try not to shake when you change your plug and or prop :rolleyes:

Dont forget to feed your lil dog Otto while your away!

Mitch "Aunt Bee" Atwell try not to get into the jar before you cook the videls this year.

Mike ZamBREWski stay off the juice, Mayberry already has a town drunk............

Good Luck All and have a great time!!!

Ron B.

Last edited by a moderator:
I coulda swore I heard a PEEP! Nope , I'm sorry it was just some Bird ****

The Austrailian racers have arrived! Kris and Louise are at the hotel getting much needed sleep after almost 20 hours of fly time. Got a sneak peak at one of his boats. Looks fast even sitting still. Now its my turn to get some sleep! See y'all Friday bright and early.

Thanks for the update guys,

Great to hear Kris and Louise have arrived safely,

have a great time you guys and we all hope to get plenty of feedback

on how its all going.

safe travels

Greg

Well.. we are loaded.. the van that is.. and ready to hit the dusty trail in the morning.. we are leaving at 4am... around 13 hours later and we should ne stoping at the pond..
Can not wait for that Low country boil.. Thanks Tony..

Im not sure i can repeat in 20 tunnel but I DO GOT GAME.

See ya all soon..

grim

Our overseas racers, Ronald (Moron - Netherlands), Shane Adderly (Bermuda) have already arrived this evening safely. Kris and Louise Flynn (Australia) are due in within the hour. Gabe and Don Gilbert are already are the race motel, the Ramada Inn. Off to the lake in the morning to finish the final race set ups, pit area, drivers stand, etc. Will be ready for the start of open water on Friday at 9 am. We will be rocking and racing!

Safe driving to all incoming racers.

Yeah I bet Gabrial and Hot Donna have alot of catching up to do ;) . Ronald if they ask if you want to jump in just say no :eek:

Hello all my Tunnel racing friends. I am very sorry to have missed most of this thread and really wish I had time to read it all. I am also very sad to say I wont be able to defend my smack talkin award from last year nor see all of my old friends and meet some new ones. To all the newbies to this event you are in for a very good time win lose or drown you will not soon forget your time at the Tunnel Champs!
I got to try and leave some words of wit even though I dont really have it in me this time around due to a family tragedy but here goes........

Hey TopFool I hope your yodeling classes are about over and you can show the southern boys how you call the hogs in Germany :blink:

Hey Tonja it was a surprise to see you at the Gator Nationals this past weekend and dont worry I wont tell anyone you were wearing a Race Girl dress, high heels and makeup :lol:

As for you Hearl I just threw up and it reminded me of you.........Try not to shake when you change your plug and or prop :rolleyes:

Dont forget to feed your lil dog Otto while your away!

Mitch "Aunt Bee" Atwell try not to get into the jar before you cook the videls this year.

Mike ZamBREWski stay off the juice, Mayberry already has a town drunk............

Good Luck All and have a great time!!!

Ron B.

Thanks Ron and just to let you know sence you did not read the whole topic the smack was REALLY WEEK this year. get things back to normal soon and we will see you at the pond ;)

To All Tunnel Racers, Enjoy your race this weekend. Yall keep us Yankees on IW posted on the Race Results. Ray :eek: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:
Any news yet ??

Things have gone well at the race today. Rather warm and sunny, about 85. Many got an early sunburn. Fastest lap competitions completed late today. Ron Drake took the 20 class and Jay Halbrehder took the 40 class. Don't have the finishing times and speeds with me but both were in the high 50's mph.

Several racers have done quite well in the first 2 rounds and others have had less than stellar luck. But with the race half over the results can invert in a hurry. Kris Flynn is representing his country very well and has the results so far to prove it. Kris and Louise are true ambassadors and are having a real good time. Kris has managed to run quite well in 8 boat heats. Jerry Dunlap, Grimracer, Mark Hopper and Carl Van Houten have commented very well on the race and the level of competition.

A lot of photos and video clips have been shot by a large number of racers so be watching for them to be posted in the coming weeks.

Time to hit the shower after a very long day and regroup for tomorrow race finish.

Hi John

If you see Mike Locke wish him luck for me he is our Canadian ambassador , couldn't have a nicer guy representing Canada.

Tim K

To All Tunnel Racers, Enjoy your race this weekend. Yall keep us Yankees on IW posted on the Race Results. Ray :eek: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:
Any news yet ??

Things have gone well at the race today. Rather warm and sunny, about 85. Many got an early sunburn. Fastest lap competitions completed late today. Ron Drake took the 20 class and Jay Halbrehder took the 40 class. Don't have the finishing times and speeds with me but both were in the high 50's mph.

Several racers have done quite well in the first 2 rounds and others have had less than stellar luck. But with the race half over the results can invert in a hurry. Kris Flynn is representing his country very well and has the results so far to prove it. Kris and Louise are true ambassadors and are having a real good time. Kris has managed to run quite well in 8 boat heats. Jerry Dunlap, Grimracer, Mark Hopper and Carl Van Houten have commented very well on the race and the level of competition.

A lot of photos and video clips have been shot by a large number of racers so be watching for them to be posted in the coming weeks.

Time to hit the shower after a very long day and regroup for tomorrow race finish.
Thanks for the updates.

Its late...I am tired. The race was great fun. Perfect weather all weekend. Complete results will be up soon. I dropped Kris and Louise off at the airport hotel couple hours ago. Kris won the Mod-VP class. Both he and Louise drive with skill well beyond their ages. Largest tunnel race in history. Competition was like no other anywhere. Thanks to all who came to race with us. I'm going to sleep now. :p

Its late...I am tired. The race was great fun. Perfect weather all weekend. Complete results will be up soon. I dropped Kris and Louise off at the airport hotel couple hours ago. Kris won the Mod-VP class. Both he and Louise drive with skill well beyond their ages. Largest tunnel race in history. Competition was like no other anywhere. Thanks to all who came to race with us. I'm going to sleep now. :p
GO Ozzy GO!

Regards

Mark

Hi John
If you see Mike Locke wish him luck for me he is our Canadian ambassador , couldn't have a nicer guy representing Canada.

Tim K

Mike did not need any luck at all. He did very well in the 20 tunnel (mod) class with taking 2nd behind Grimracer. Exceptionally nice fellow and actually succeeded in getting Mark Scott to behave quite well. He was a great ambassador for Canada.

Guys,

I am also exhausted as well. These 19 hours days are a killer. I do not have the results with me now for posting but aim to do it tonight for all. Just for a teaser, I can tell you:

20 tunnel class winner was Grimracer. He also took 2nd in the Sport 20 class and the overall high point award.

Jerry Dunlap and Mark Hopper each won several places.

Kris Flynn (Australia) won the MOD-VP class and won one in the raffle so that boat is heading down under.

Ronald van Essen (MORON - Netherlands) won his first ever race award here with a 2nd in MOD-VP.

Mike Locke (Canada) took 2nd in the 20 tunnel class.

Shane Adderly (Bermuda) also captured some awards.

The international contingent did quite well.

Steve Hearl won the gas class.

Kevin Lee, John Otto, and Mitch Atwell Jr also won classes. I am missing mentioning a few but my brain is dead at the moment. Will acknowledge them later and give a more complete race report.

This race will be featured in an upcoming RC Boat Modeler edition, most likely late summer out in print. Jerry Dunlap noted that it will be an excellent report and that he plans on returning next year. Grimracer also stated the same and will be hauling in some more "friends" for next years race.

Hey guys,

Not to diminish any of the well-deserved winners in all classes, but a special congratulations goes to Ronald (Moron) for his first ever race award second place! Sounds like a great race, good job by John and the club for their hard work. ;)

the Wallster

I want every body to know that if you where not at this race you missed out and I am sure that every body that was there will agree. I have never seen that much GREAT competition on one lake. The racing was out of this world and it showed. You guys just wait till the final results are posted Their are trophy's going to Austraila to Canada to the Netherland to up state New York Heck even that bunch from Tennessee won some trophy's. I want to congradulate the only defending champion Mike Grim Racer Zabrowski?? for winning 20 mod way to deffend that title yank. I also have never seen that many boats STUCK in BOEYS that is how tight these guys where racing. Steve Hearle gets congrats on running the most laps with a boey stuck on his boat I believe he ran 4 out of 6 laps with that boey and ran really well with it on there. This was the first year for the big gas tunnels and they where really cool I am sure we will have more than 4 running next year and the speeds will be a lot faster.From what I heard around the race sight next year will be even bigger and better I heard several of the guys from up north say they will be back and they are bringing friends. if you drive tunnel boats you just have to make plans to attend this race you have a whole year to do it. OH yeah I almost forgot the most important part of the race was that fabolus low country boil we had Saturday night it was truly awsome just like the racing. So THANK YOU CMBC for putting on a great race and I hope all the compoetiters have a safe trip home where ever that may be.

Hey guys,
Not to diminish any of the well-deserved winners in all classes, but a special congratulations goes to Ronald (Moron) for his first ever race award second place! Sounds like a great race, good job by John and the club for their hard work. ;)

the Wallster

Ronald also finished 4th out of 36 boats in the B tunnel (mod) class. Just 75 points from 3rd place so he really had a great race overall. For just his 2nd competitive race he accomplished a great deal and was so excited. We talked many times between heats and had to keep him calm he was so excited, but that is a good thing. He is a very special friend.

The number of entries alone tells quite a story of the level of competition for this race:

20 tunnel (mod): 36 boats

20 sport: 33 boats

40 tunnel (mod): 24

Almost all the other classes also had high numbers. If you got an award, you accomplished a great deal and had an exceptional race. Tony noted that. We hope to see much higher gas boats coming in and the FE tunnels run next year's race. Plans are in the works for next year's race and how to even do better than this year. More to follow.

Big congrats to Kris and Louise, sounds like you did us Aussies proud... :) :)

Hi John

Tim K

Mike did not need any luck at all. He did very well in the 20 tunnel (mod) class with taking 2nd behind Grimracer. Exceptionally nice fellow and actually succeeded in getting Mark Scott to behave quite well. He was a great ambassador for Canada.

Hey wait a minute there John.. You are ruining my rep!! :p Mike Locke drove like a mad man in 20 tunnel with a STOCK O.S. motor.. He is not just a great racer, but a great person to get to know. I was happy to have him ride to and back from the race. Sure did help out on the drive back. I was already thinking of next year even before I got home this morning..

Back