Change of date for the VA Centennial Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy Dolphin

Hi Guys,

The Capitol R/C Model Boat Club has had to change the date of the Centennial Race due to conflicts with another major event at the park. The new date of the Centennial Race will be Oct 8th and 9th. I think this is actually better for everyone in that it will be the last major race of the season at a great location and give us boaters more time between the Chesapeake race, New York race and the Greenbrier race

Attached is the new flyer with the correct dates on it. PLEASE PASS THE WORD AROUND.

Thank you

Tracy Dolphin

District 12 Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracy & all-

This is NOT official until it is confirmed by our friends at the park. While Larry & I don't think it is a problem it will not be confirmed until sometime Monday or Tuesday. :huh:

Scooter12195 said:
I'd guess that the entry cutoff date is around October 1st rather than September 1st also.
Scott

111243[/snapback]

That would be a good guess. ;)

With the additional time until this race it may just be the coming out party for my new Smokin' Joe's scale hull. I'm off to shop now to get busy on it. B)

It is now OFFICIAL- the new dates for the Centennial race are Oct. 7th (open water), 8th & 9th. This will also be the weekend the race will run on in the future. :)

Sign me up for 40 hydro, 60 hydro, and gas sport hydro. High point boats 40 and 60 hydro. Gonna shoot for another high point trophy and try to make it three years in a row. Don't know if that has ever been done, but would like to try.

I think I will need to find a really lucky horseshoe to pull that off though. A rabbits foot probably ain't enough. Freq. number one all three boats.

John Finch said:
Sign me up for 40 hydro, 60 hydro, and gas sport hydro.  High point boats 40 and 60 hydro.  Gonna shoot for another high point trophy and try to make it three years in a row. Don't know if that has ever been done, but would like to try.I think I will need to find a really lucky horseshoe to pull that off though.  A rabbits foot probably ain't enough.  Freq. number one all three boats.

111460[/snapback]

John has been awfully tough to beat at that race last 2 years. B)

John Finch said:
Sign me up for 40 hydro, 60 hydro, and gas sport hydro.  High point boats 40 and 60 hydro.  Gonna shoot for another high point trophy and try to make it three years in a row. Don't know if that has ever been done, but would like to try.I think I will need to find a really lucky horseshoe to pull that off though.  A rabbits foot probably ain't enough.  Freq. number one all three boats.

111460[/snapback]

Ok Got you John. I will be on the hunt for highpoints this year.

TD

John Finch said:

111460[/snapback]

Hey John,

Can you download the entry form fill it out and email it to me.

TD

Tracy Dolphin said:
John Finch said:

111460[/snapback]

TD

111489[/snapback]

In all the time I've been racing a high points trophy has continued to elude me. I can't count how many times I've just missed it so both of you better be on your toes. :p

Don Ferrette said:
Tracy Dolphin said:
John Finch said:

111460[/snapback]

TD

111489[/snapback]

In all the time I've been racing a high points trophy has continued to elude me. I can't count how many times I've just missed it so both of you better be on your toes. :p

111493[/snapback]

The same goes for me. Of the 92 trophies that I have gotten throught the years, I am still looking for a high points trophy. I have come close several times but not not close enough. Maybe some day the stars will align just right and I'll go home with it.

Tracy Dolphin said:
John Finch said:

111460[/snapback]

Hey John,

Can you download the entry form fill it out and email it to me.

TD

111490[/snapback]

I downloaded it 5 minutes ago. Looking forward to returning to the best race I have ever attended. It is a super place and the people are great. Get that 40 boat tuned in. I know you have the right prop to win the class. I won't have to borrow it this year. I challange everyone with a 40 boat to come on out and bump sides. The class was a little weak last year. We may all wind up running gas the way things are going. I hope sutton will CD again this year. He has been a real trooper to CD and not run a boat. Although, I would be willing to give him a break if he could be convinced to run a boat. I will mail the entry tommorrow!

John

John Finch said:

111460[/snapback]

Gonna bow out of the nitro classes and just run the one gas hydo in two classes.

Having more fun with that right now. Entry form is in the mail.

Tracy,

Sign me up for.....

~GAS SPORT HYDRO

~CRACKERBOX

~OPEN OFFSHORE

~OPEN LSG MONO

This should keep me busy!! :p All on CH 72. I am going to send the flyer this week!

Thanks,

Mike

John Finch said:
John Finch said:

111460[/snapback]

Gonna bow out of the nitro classes and just run the one gas hydo in two classes.

Having more fun with that right now. Entry form is in the mail.

112750[/snapback]

I just cannot believe what I am seeing! Maybe it is good I am in SC now. I like the last sentence in your signature footnote. I agree with it!

Mike Menter said:
Tracy,  Sign me up for.....

~GAS SPORT HYDRO

~CRACKERBOX

~OPEN OFFSHORE

~OPEN LSG MONO

This should keep me busy!! :p   All on CH 72. I am going to send the flyer this week!

Thanks,

Mike

112756[/snapback]

Mike I do not believe open offshore will be run this year since the race is back to the original side & there is no room for the offshore bouy.

You guys better get you gas sport boats going faster or Finch is gonna have another powder puff run to the high points trophy since he's only running gas there. :rolleyes:

Don,

Thanks for the heads up! The race flyer has it listed so I signed up for it! Offshore is almost as fun as crackerbox!!! :D , so hopefully they will run it!!

Tracy,

If you could verify that offshore is going to be ran or not. If not,I could sign up for another class!!

Speaking off the sport hydro,Im going to try and get my hands on a 2' band pipe,and swap it out with the non adjustable pipe. Hopefully the motor will wind up some more!! :p :p

See ya....

Mike

John, please make sure you bring the 1000 pound GORILLA with you, I want another go at his cat,,,,,, :D

Back