2018 NAMBA Lone Star Nationals.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will there with 8 nitro boats. My entry is in the mail.

Al Hobbs
Thank you Al

Can it get you to go on race master and add so all can see.

There all look for more Nitro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we have had a good day with Entry's. 66 drivers and 417 boat as of this post. We thank you very much for your support.

I know some of the Nitro group are looking to see the boat count. If you would like to come please just enter or RaceMaster. others that are looking will see and they will Enter.

But if we all just keep looking there not going change. Sport 20,40 and Scale there on Friday and Saturday you do not have to come for the hole week.

I know we are going to be pushing 450 boats with ones that I know that are coming. Al Hobbs is adding 8 or 9 Nitro boats. we will pushing on the 2nd heat for some classes. B Hydro is 2 heats already.

Thank you ALL for coming.

We are providing the Water we just need the boaters that want to play. Talk to your Friend and car pool to TX

Last edited:
Nitro boats have been coming in today.

We know have 466 boats

1 week left.

The entry deadline is coming up quick, make sure to get signed up by Sept. 9th at racemastersevents.com and mail your entry in by that date as well. We’re currently at 75 racers and 463 boats! Don’t miss out on the fun!

For those arriving early, Thursday Oct. 18th will be the earliest to arrive and start setting up. RV and car parking will be located at the front parking lot. Please check with a Dallas club member before setting up. If you have any questions or special requests, please contact myself or John Borden.

Open water:

–Available starting on Thursday.

–Starting Sat. Oct 20th, open water will be limited to the next day's classes until 7pm

–After 7pm all boats are allowed

–Up to 8am race mornings, classes racing that day only

–There is no set end time to open water.

–No retrieve boat driver provided

The Welcome party on Monday Oct 22 will be catered by Babe's Chicken and the BBQ on Friday Oct. 26th will be from Dickies. Please let us know of special food needs. The Welcome party and BBQ/Paddle boat racing will be held at the race site. We will also have DJ'd music both nights.

A few changes have been made from the original schedule.

1.Electric 1/8th scale has been moved to an exhibition class with modified rule

a) Motors allowed - Any motor 860kv unloaded or lower.

default_cool.png
Batteries - 8S configured Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries with a max of 4.2v per cell.

c) Capacity will be NAMBA specified limit of 12,000mah.

d) Speed Controller - Any speed controller may be used.

e) 4 rounds heat racing, 5 laps per heat.

2.P-Limited classes - 2 additional motors have been allowed

a) Pro Marine RC – PMRC3656 2030kv Motor

default_cool.png
Proboat/Dynamite DYNM3831 A3650-2000Kv

3.T-Offshore has been changed to T-Mono.

Tim Martin has been going strong with raffle prizes! He's been able to get some great boating and non-boating donations! He's posted some sneak peeks on JRCBD, take a look!

Make sure you have a valid NAMBA membership. If you need a single event membership, please visit NAMBA.com and use the NAMBA Membership Portal. This must be done before attending, registrations will NOT be taken at the Nationals.

I wanted to send a special thanks to everyone that has donated to the Nationals, those that have helped putting it together, and those that will support during the Nationals. Without your support this event would not be possible.

We are looking forward to some great racing and meeting some new friends! If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 214-690-1003, John Borden at 817-939-1220 or visit 2018nambanats.com.

See y'all in Carrollton

John,

Your group has done a great job of organizing and attracting people to the 2018 NAMBA Nats. I know it is going to be a good time with a lot of racing and social activities.

I am certainly excited about this event and look forward to seeing everyone.

Thank you for your efforts.

Alan Hobbs

Getting close to the reunion time. I start driving from Washington State on Oct 11. First big trip in the new to us Motorhome. Hope we get some Sport 40s to show up . I know there will be at least a couple fast ones.

Make sure you have your NAMBA numbers on the Sport boats. It's easy to get lax racing at a District level. Wouldn't hurt to dust off the old rule book and make sure you won't have any problems when you get there. A couple that many Districts overlook is

4. The boat must be attractively painted in the spirit of Limited or Unlimited inboard hydroplane racing. Each boat must have a sponsor’s name or logo affixed to the hull. The sponsor may be of the builder’s choice: a hobby shop, gas station, local business, fictitious sponsor, etc. The boat must have the driver’s NAMBA number on it preceded by the letter “U, UL, GP, J” or any other limited or unlimited inboard hydroplane racing designator past or present used by a major full sized sanctioning body such as but not limited to the APBA. The number can be on the hull or tail. In cases where the boater uses the real Unlimited Hydroplane’s “U” number, the driver’s NAMBA number must appear somewhere on the visible portion of the boat in numbers at least 1/4” in height.

5. There will be no exposed tuned pipes allowed. Tuned pipes will be covered by a deck, a cowl, or an exhaust shroud. That portion of a tuned pipe which is confined to the engine compartment will be exempt.

Look at Section 20 of the NAMBA rule book and if you need any help drop me an email [email protected]

Again, thanks to all that have entered. This has turned into the biggest Nationals in recent years with 513 boats currently entered! Thanks to Tim Martin for his hard work on sponsorships all classes except x-hydro will run.

Kid-R-Boaters we currently have no one entered but it will be left open until Oct. 12th. The only requirement is they have to have NAMBA insurance. If their only entry is for Kid-R-Boaters, we’ll also waive their banquet fee.

See everyone next month!
Oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
Just under 3 weeks! Those that still have not paid by, your entry is subject to removal at any point. Make sure you have your NAMBA numbers on your boat per the rule book.

G1 motors, make sure you’re legal as well as they will be checked. I know there were a couple GZ4 motors found last year.

The earliest to arrive is Thursday morning 8am. There will be a tent behind the drivers stand for you to check in. Please see one of the Dallas club members before parking your trailers.

If you have any questions, please call or email me or John Borden.
Thanks everyone and see you soon!

Hi Oscar

I see in the rule book there is a size for the number on the boat but it doesn't specify where it is to be located. What do most people do to meet this requirement?

Thanks

Olly

Olly,

Mine are on the back on each side of my boats. If you have something other than a mono or cat, make sure you look at the specific class rules!!

[SIZE=12pt]A. GENERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS [/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=12pt]NAMBA members must have their NAMBA numbers on their boats and their backs for easy identification. Minimum number sizes will be 1-1/2” on the back and 1” on the boat, except where noted in specific class rules. R/C Combat ships do not require numbers on boats or members. [/SIZE]

One week to go!

Make sure to keep an eye on the weather! It’s supposed to be cool, bring warm clothes.

Your entry forms and dinner tickets will be provided when you check in. Please check these items for accuracy.

The drivers meeting will be at 8:30am and racing at 9am daily.
The Welcome Party and Paddle Boat BBQ (at pond) and the Banquet (at host hotel) will all be at 7pm.

I’ve had a few questions about the NAMBA number on your back, name tags will be provided to satisfy the rule. The tag will be in your entry packet.

There are a couple rules I’d like to point out. We’re all here to have fun but safety should be our number 1 priority.

1. Every driver must have a pit person at all times, whether in practice or during a contest, who is also a NAMBA member and who is aware of all course conditions and NAMBA regulations. R/C Combat ships do not require a pit person or separate observer. 

2. Only NAMBA members are allowed in the hot pit area. No persons other than those running a boat, those assisting with the running of a boat, or contest officials will be permitted in the pit area. 

3. At NAMBA events, no smoking will be allowed in the drivers stand area or hot pit area. The hot pit area is defined as the area where boats are started and launched. 

4. Consumption of or being under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or illegal drugs is not permitted while operating or assisting in the operation of a model boat, whether it be in practice or during a contest. The same applies to contest officials while a contest is taking place. 

Please be safe traveling and lets all have a great time, this only happens once a year!

Does every boat other than Sport Hydro have to have your number on it? Gas or Nitro Rigger, Mono, etc......

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back