IMPBA D12 Points Race #5 - LOCATION CHANGE!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Ok boys and girls this is the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

The IMPBA District 12 Points Race #5 will be held at the Capitol R/C race site in CENTREVILLE, VIRGINIA on AUGUST 26th-28th.

Due to the ongoing runaround the ODMBA club has been getting from the City of Chesapeake a decision had to be made as to a possible alternate location and a drop dead date for that to happen (which was last Friday). I had conversations with folks from the ODMBA as well as Capitol and Delmarva and the best choice was Capitol's location in Centreville. Since many racers had already scheduled time off as ODMBA has the same weekend every year, it made the most sense to keep the same dates. This gave the advantage to the Capitol club since the hotel prices in the Delmarva eastern shore region are sky high as it's the last weekend before Labor Day, the official end of "beach season" in this area. This is exactly opposite in the Centreville/Fair Oaks/Fairfax area, the hotels are really cheap this time of year. For example the 4th points race we just had in June at the Capitol site I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for $75 a night for a double room. To say it was a nice hotel is an understatement, you darn near felt like you needed to dress up to go to the lobby. Lots of excellent restaurants in the immediate area as well so no shortage a good places to eat either. I want to send out a big THANK YOU to the Capitol R/C members for stepping up to help out. Please make every effort to attend as this is the LAST POINTS RACE OF THE SEASON and many class winners will be decided at this race. The race flyer is being finalized as I write this and will be posted tomorrow. I'm also working on trying to get the points standings tallied and posted as soon as I can get the points info from 2 clubs who've already had their races. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Capitol pond in August. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
i will be there :D

thanks to the CAPITOL club for helping ODMBA club

I want to thank ALL in the CAPITAL club for helping out ODMBA and DIST 12 for putting on race #5. I should have a race site for next year(2012)I do have some things in the works but could not get it done for this season.Thanks again Dick Loeb

Race flyer is now attached to original post. Carl Cisneros from the Capitol club has requested that the entry form get filled out properly and completely. He had to make alot of phone calls last race due to people not paying attention filling out their entries. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Guys, William (ww29) has offered to man the grill Saturday at lunch time. This will prevent those of us who do not bring lunch from having to leave the race site.

Thanks for stepping up William!!! We really appreciate it. :)

anytime i am glad to help out. wife will be with me so i can race my heats

i dont have printer to print out the flyer. can i just put my classes down and pay

Carl likes to do things by the book. PM me your address and I'll send you a few copies.

I just saved the entry form to my laptop and will get my entry out very soon. I will not be running all the classes that I normally run since I sold off a couple of boats, but still have plenty of boats to run for the race. Back on my feet and working hard and will enjoy it very much to get away for a weekend and run some model boats.

SEE YA'LL THERE

I just signed the sanction form that Carl mailed to me and it goes in the mail in the mornimg to Mr. Equi, this race is ON! B)

John, can you please do me a favor, get in touch with Remy at aeromarine and see if he can get us anything for our race.

I sent him the race flyer for our last race and he said he never got it. I e-mailed him the same info at his request and NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sent out the race flyers to some of the district members and hopefully

they will pass them out to their club mebers.

If you need one e-mailed to you let me know ASAP.

thanks

e-mail me at [email protected]

It would be nice for someone to post DIST#12 points so everyone would know where they stand ...Its only 3 weeks off and no one knows

Back