CF 3.5 Rigger Project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark It does pull 3.1 easy. I redid the mounting on the front sponsons and got slightly too much toe in on the right side causing drag. Would not pull 3.1" I had to go back to the stock prop see what wasn't right then fix the problem.

-Mike

Mike,

I was out testing tonight and a 3.2" went 68 to 70 MPH

with 97% A/D.Not too bad for the conditions?I would make

that my next prop if I was you.I think you will be AMAZED

If your boat can pull this prop.

Got To Go,

Mark :)

by looking at this post.... i see my efforts to restore the old forum attachments worked......... that's good!

tom

Tom,

Thanks for restoring the older files.Mike how did the other

prop work that I sent you?Mike did you test the other

prop yet?I'm waiting for the results. :)

Mark :)

How come i cant see alot of the pics?

I dont see any of the completed boat.

Here are most the pictures, there are some I couldn't find.

The pictures don't show up on the posts they way they used to.

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/boat1.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/boat2.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/boat3.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/boat4.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/boat5.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/bottom.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/cowl.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/fin2.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/intakes2.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/latch.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/pipe2.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/tf.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/pond.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/pond1.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/3.5/alldone.jpg

-MikeP

Ron,

I don't have radar so I don't know the speed. But when I practice with a fellow boater with the same Motor, pipe, fuel, in a SG, he is a little better in the corners.

-MikeP

Hey Ron... nice to see ya here.

any chance we will see you with a ninja next year?

do you think I should go for the hydro points series? To me I just can't see any way I would be able to beat you, Gary P, Mike Z.... I think my newest .21 FireFighter Design will be good enough to keep up with you guys but I just can't commit myself to spending that much time at the pond tuning/practicing.

Mike,

All you need is a stopwatch,buddy and a good eye.Have your buddy go down to number one,as the boat passes one time until it exits 3.I know this isn't high tech but try it.I would be looking for times in the 2.0 or under range.Keep track of the times and go from there for improvement.

Tom,

You are gladly welcome in the D4 Hydro series.It will be FUN!Send me your class or classes along with your preferred channel.

Ron

Ron,

Hey thanks for the tip on corner speed, I really needed something like that to progress. Would you happen to know what a good 3-4 time is?

-MikeP

Well the weather has changed here. I got everything ready to go. Hope it's still nice by this weekend. I have a prop from Mark Sholund and one I cupped myself to test. I still haven't loaded the motor up at 3.2 cupping. I can now test results by timming the cornner and straightaways.

-MikeP

Beautiful, I love a Carbon Fiber boat! Where did you get those clamps at for the sponsons? The fuel tank looks familiar, one of Mike's? The boat really needs a CF tuned pipe to complete it.

Ron,

I made the clamps, and the tank is for the Eagle SG from Grim. I got the tank and built the boat around it. The next boat I just built the boat and had Grim build the tank to fit.

Sheesh it's 65 deg. right now and I'm stuck at work. > :(

-MikeP

If you get the urge to make a few hundred of those clamps, let me know. We're trying to find some lightweight ones for the Hammerhead .12. Everything that we've found so far are kind of big.

Ron,

Are you talking about the rear boom clamp inside the hull? Send me the specs and I will make one and send it to you to see if you like it.

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/cf90/mounttop.jpg

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/cf90/mountbottom.jpg

-MikeP

Oh, that. It's not a clamp. It wouldn't work for a boom. It's the turnfin support and is just bolted onto a piece of CF angle.

I do some work on the side for C+M mfg. they do most of the CNC machine and injection molding for Great Planes(Dura Trax). If you can get a cad drawing I will see what I can do.

-MikeP

Weather lady says 70deg. Friday. I'm taking the day off!

Well, It's been a good boat but I have had enough of the flat bottom sponsons, building up these new ones with a curved belly and get the AOA down to 2.5 Deg.

Also going to redo the turn fin and turn fin mount.

Back