• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD- R/C Boat Company SG118H 1/8 scale hull and hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Hate to do it but I need to continue cutting back on some projects so I'm selling my R/C Boat Company SG118H hull. It has the optional carbon reinforcements Steve does and I will give whoever buys it their choice of cowl sets, either the 8806 Madison/Kelloggs/Oberto/Jasper or the 8701 Bud set. The 8806 cowl has been trial fitted, the 8701 is still untrimmed and final fitment and glassing/blending will need to be done on either one. Both boats used the full length turbine tube so of course that goes with either choice. The rear extensions (in plastic bag in parts pic) will be included with the 8701 cowl set. The tub area has been opened up, right side tank pocket removed and both sides sheeted with G-10 then lined with carbon veil. The new custom stepped front area forward of the motor is 6.5" long and 3.75" wide, fuel tank height would be 1.5" front, 2" rear which should yield approx. a 23oz. capacity. The transom is already drilled for the rudder bracket, the hull was new but had been set up with an extended strut/stuffing tube when I received it and those were filled in as I prefer standard strut closer to the transom. Motor mount holes are drilled from the underside but need to be popped thru the newly applied carbon veil. As pics show carbon fiber rear wing set, New Speedmaster 1/4" hydro strut kit, Accutech offset motor mount, turn fin w/ bracket, rudder assembly are included. Side mount radio box and salt water scoop extension too. The front canards were removed to do front end mods and fitment of cowling but they are there for reinstall when cowl area is completed. New windshield for either cowl will be included as well as the cockpit liner. This is a really nice hull and I was looking forward to building it, I'd like to see it get a good home. $650 plus packing, shipping and insurance, this is normally well over $800 to buy without the extra work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Don,

Is that a two-piece bud cowl? I'm in need of just the canopy section that fits over the radio box. If the hull sells with madison config would you consider selling just the bud canopy? Thx.

Hey Don,

Is that a two-piece bud cowl? I'm in need of just the canopy section that fits over the radio box. If the hull sells with madison config would you consider selling just the bud canopy? Thx.
Yes it is 2 pieces and I may consider it if it sells as the 8806.

Well I haven't heard a thing from Stephen Corpuz since Thursday afternoon so I guess I'll open this up to any interested persons. Again, it will be available at Hobart unless someone who won't be there commits before I leave. I'd bet you west coast boys might avoid the shipping hassle if you talked real nice to some of the guys making the trip from your side of the continent. :)

Hey Don got your message sent this morning we can finalize when you get back from the races i will be wanting the boat with the bud cowl set up.. I too am messaging from my phone and does suck. give me a call or send a message when you get back.. i do want the boat and if you have any other items i asked about let me know.

Stephen

I'll get with you once the IndyMasters are completed and I get back home on Monday. I will leave the boat in the trailer and not put it out for sale as previously planned. :)

This boat is now officially back on the market. Stephen was supposed to have mailed me 1/2 on Sept. 25th and the remaining by October 25th. I have received nothing to date, he hasn't been on I/W since Sept. 22nd and has not responded to p/m's or e-mails. Not sure what has happened and while I hope everything is ok for him up in Alaska I need to sell this hull so please refer to the first post for all the details. :)

Very Very nice,if I did not already have a winter scale project id jump on it.... Good luck on the sale

Very Very nice,if I did not already have a winter scale project id jump on it.... Good luck on the sale
Thank Mikey. Yeah it's sweet no doubt and if I hadn't busted up the Pak @ the Nats I might be less inclined to sell. As it stands there's way too much on my plate for the upcoming winter build (and repair) season and I need to be realistic about what I can get accomplished.

Thank Mikey. Yeah it's sweet no doubt and if I hadn't busted up the Pak @ the Nats I might be less inclined to sell. As it stands there's way too much on my plate for the upcoming winter build (and repair) season and I need to be realistic about what I can get accomplished.
Was this at the fall nats Don??

Was this at the fall nats Don??
No it was at the Internats. Help find a home for this hull, it's gonna make someone a nice ride. :)

Boat is SOLD. It is going to it's new home as the 8806 hull so I will be listing the Bud style cowl sections for sale later. :)

Back