Blazer Marine Lauterbach Testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Blazer

Supporting Member
We tested our Lauterbach today.

1st video is a test with a stock RCMK S254 with a CC Racing 2" Aluminum Powermaster Pipe. 63 MPH in the video.

Lauterbach with Tuned Pipe

2nd video is the same boat/engine/prop, but instead of a tuned pipe, it is a straight exhaust (3' long coupler). Shocked the boat ran over 59mph! Now think about this...no pipe (minus $170) with about the same results. A little slower in the turns, but this is how the real boats ran anyway.

Lauterbach with Straight Exhaust

Brian

We tested our Lauterbach today.

1st video is a test with a stock RCMK S254 with a CC Racing 2" Aluminum Powermaster Pipe. 63 MPH in the video.

Lauterbach with Tuned Pipe

2nd video is the same boat/engine/prop, but instead of a tuned pipe, it is a straight exhaust (3' long coupler). Shocked the boat ran over 59mph! Now think about this...no pipe (minus $170) with about the same results. A little slower in the turns, but this is how the real boats ran anyway.

Lauterbach with Straight Exhaust

Brian
looking good brian, those are really cool looking boats and i got the chance to see the real lauterbach special here in town..id like to do a version of that boat..maybe this winter, i still have a t-boat i need to finish.

tk

Both runs looked great although it apeared like the piped set up carried the turns better from the video? lap times ?

I wonder if the engines stock timing numbers are just to low to complement the pipe ?

Gorgeous boat piped or not.

Tim

Good running boat Brian .I like the sound of the tuned pipe personaly.but is it worth it for 5mph prolly not..

Terry

Back