Vision Craft testing questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rene, and Kris. Much appreciated. I'll definitely take all of the advise I can get.

-Joey

Just remember - ONE- change at a time Joey
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTHING wrong with that Joey, are you lifting /setting and peddling it through the corner ?

It looks like it might be kinda narrow and that would make sense . Find your edge limit now in the corner- run it hard into and thru the corner till you wreck it- THEN you know how far you can push in the turn- adapt/adjust and drive it from there. You will be quite surprised how far you can push that hull in the corner
default_wink.png

NOTHING wrong with that Joey, are you lifting /setting and peddling it through the corner ?
Thanks, Andy. Yes, I'm lifting very early upon entry. I'm not peddling it; The mixture still isn't quite on just yet. I'm working up to it. It's hard to tell from the video/audio, but it never comes up to full song until about halfway down the straight. I've got it buried exiting the corner...so I'm still fat in the mid range...OR...as you point to below, I'm not driving it right and letting the RPM slip too much. Before I start throwing guesses out there, I'm first going to leave everything as is....because I just "corrected" my motor trim. I want to run it in that configuration first, and go from there!

It looks like it might be kinda narrow and that would make sense . Find your edge limit now in the corner- run it hard into and thru the corner till you wreck it- THEN you know how far you can push in the turn- adapt/adjust and drive it from there. You will be quite surprised how far you can push that hull in the corner
Yes, that little slough is pretty narrow. It's not bad, and it's only about a 10 minute ride upriver from the house...so I'm not going to complain too much!

Yep, I'm also still trying to figure out how far I can push it. I fight this with my helicopters too...pushing it. I have to break that mental block and find the limits. Thanks for the tips!! I know that hull can handle more than this driver can put on it...but boy, it's nerve wracking getting to that point sometimes !

-Joey

get over what if-and find how far, its a heck of a lot cheaper with this than the heli, your not gonna hurt it
default_wink.png

Pretty test lake btw.

get over what if-and find how far, its a heck of a lot cheaper with this than the heli, your not gonna hurt it
default_wink.png

Pretty test lake btw.
Haha...good advise. Thanks Andy. Going to keep this in my mind for the next run this weekend.

-Joey

Joey,

Every setup seems to be different, for an example Rene runs a 440 prop, no negative or positive on motor angle, and I have tried his setup and did not work at all for me. My boat loves a little positive and only likes the 40X52 three blade from Mark. I have tried the 440 prop, the 40X53 and also a stock 438, after testing the best prop in my setup is the 40X52 three blade. I have taken advice and the number one key to a great running boat is to test and tune, it REALLY does make a difference in the boat and the person behind the wheel, the boat gets setup correct and you get to be a better driver over time, keep testing buddy.

Beau

Beau,

The three blade is the way to go right now I think.

We are testing a new four blade very soon on a 21 mod boat.

Should be fun with a piped Nova Rossi 21.

Keep Testing Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Beau,

Keep Testing Fellas,

Mark Sholund
Would be glad to do the 4 blade mod VP testing Mark- you know what works on mine already
default_wink.png

Beau,

Keep Testing Fellas,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

That 40X52 three blade you did for me recently is one fine prop, after three weekends of testing this prop is definitely the one staying on for some heat racing. I am ready for some more testing with my newly rebuilt O.S., blew it up yesterday and rebuilt it the same day. So once she is broke in I am ready to take a few number 1 finishes on race day.

Beau

Beau,

Good to know, Mark. I might have to look into that once I get some more laps on this thing. Oh, and by the way this prop I got from you last summer is awesome (X440-lynx cut). Many thanks.

I am ready for some more testing with my newly rebuilt O.S., blew it up yesterday and rebuilt it the same day.
Dang, Beau, I need to take some notes about preparation from you!! I have zero parts on hand...I guess I should start planning on acquiring some.

-Joey

Joey try a 40/53 2 blade from Mark Sholund worked great on mine
That's good info, Thanks Robert. I'm keeping a list of "stuff to test". I really appreciate it, as I didn't have the 40/53 on my list of stuff to think about. One thing that never hurt anyone was options. I like the idea of having a few props to chose from. That case of fuel I've got is looking smaller and smaller...
default_laugh.png

Keep trying buddy- you will not be disappointed - trust me on this , I have not let ya down yet
default_wink.png
You bet! That's right, you've helped a boatload (pun intended). I can't tell ya how much I appreciate it. And I mean that to everyone that's chimed in to help out.

On the short calendar, I've got the practice-day in Huntsville on the 19th and The Gene Taylor / John Hall race in August to look forward to. I will likely just spectate the race. Lot of testing before and in between. We'll see how the work obligations pan out for NOV. It's fun to think about though!

-Joey

Back