Vision Craft testing questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert,

More speed is not alway the best lap time?

More acceleration is better for heat racing and a better weight

Balance on the whole boat is the key.

It will take a modified Nova Rossi to pull these four blades with

Good RPM. If it works well it will be a nice addition to a Woodstuff Tunnel Hull.

Thanks For Reading Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

Get with me on a few props you have found to work on the Vision please.

Currently running a stock Grim 40X52/3 and revs up great (Mongar V2 OS on Vision). Going to be testing some more on the Dragon and need some options
default_smile.png

JUST DO IT....dont be scared like a few others on here are to come to Florida Joey :)
Oh boy. Either y'all are really friendly, or you just want some new guy to beat up on!

No worries...I can't say 100% for sure right now, but if Andy (or someone in the area) would send me the recommended places to stay, I could possibly get a step closer....
default_ph34r.png

If you're going to cross an Ocean and a Continent, I might as well look into it.....
default_cool.png

-Joey

Beau,

The three blade is the way to go right now I think.
Good to know, Mark. I might have to look into that once I get some more laps on this thing. Oh, and by the way this prop I got from you last summer is awesome (X440-lynx cut). Many thanks.

I am ready for some more testing with my newly rebuilt O.S., blew it up yesterday and rebuilt it the same day.
Dang, Beau, I need to take some notes about preparation from you!! I have zero parts on hand...I guess I should start planning on acquiring some.

-Joey
Joey,

I am glad I bought some spares and with some help a club member had the remainder I was short, it was stressful but got her running again at least to finish the day out. I buy spares when, and where I can you never know when you are going to need them, I sure needed them over the weekend. Your boat looks great from you video, keep testing and you will find that sweet spot, it just takes time and a few gallons of nitro. I have been really been trying to test this year, and it has made a difference in both driving and handling of the boat.

Beau

Mark thats what i was getting at i had real good acceleration and coming out of the turns it picked up now remember that was with a OS

Robert,

I am glad it worked well. We are still looking for more of course.

It is tough to always come up with new choices. Believe it or not,

my 12 Hydro testing has really helped me develop some new options,

some work and some do not.I am working on some four blades that with

a strong motor it may become a new option.

Thanks For The Comments Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Well, I just got in from another round of testing. I certainly learned a few things.

-That minor trim change really helped. The boat seems like it's stuck to the water better, but still a little flighty maybe?

-I can run the corners nearly flat-out.

-My radio box isn't water-tight.

-A tunnel hull is not a dredge

-I gotta get better.

If anyone has any tips for drying out electronics, I'd love to hear it. I've got the RX in a bag of rice now. The battery (LiFe) has been discharged to storage voltage. I don't know what to do about the servos. Yet.

I'll have a short video of the "event" tomorrow, maybe.

Enjoy!

drg.jpg

Lots of guys say a bag of rice to dry out electronics, I never tried it, I use Corrosion X on all my radio equipment. At some point we all get water in the box and Corrosion x seems to work for me.

Rene

Your servos will probably be fine. I run my servos out of the radio box and just use some tap grease and an o ring under the servo horn.

Steer servo (Hitec 7966HB) is toast. I've got another one in the mail, that'll be here Thursday. At least I'll be able to run over the Holiday weekend. The throttle servo seems fine. I carry another servo of the same type (Hitec HS-82MG) onboard for mixture, although it's unused. So, I at least have a spare there (provided it's not roasted, too, but they check out ok).

I've also ordered some CorrosionX. Thanks Rene and Dion. This is the first I've heard of this stuff. I'll give it a go.

Other than that, just more adjustments and testing to look forward to!

-Joey

Get that radio box to be a DRY box- use paper towels/tampons or whatever works for soaking what water does leak into the box- but seal it better. I have several boats you can leave on the lid and the boxes dont get wet.

Stuck it in that far bank huh ??? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Get that radio box to be a DRY box- use paper towels/tampons or whatever works for soaking what water does leak into the box- but seal it better. I have several boats you can leave on the lid and the boxes dont get wet.

Stuck it in that far bank huh ??? lol
Thanks for the tips, Andy. I'm working on the seal now. I do use cotton balls in the voids...but it stayed underwater for about a minute or two. Underwater!!!

No, I didn't strike the bank, believe it or not. I flew it, and it pitched down while in the air, the nose of the sponsons hit the water fist. So, it dove at a high angle and lots of speed. Stuck in the mud. I bet the water was only 2' deep there. I couldn't see it. It was GONE!! I started trolling over to the area, and when I got about 5' away, It bobbed up slowly out of the water...motor first. It was eery as hell. All that was missing was some fog over the water, and chamber music playing...Then, the boat popped out, as the mud released its grip and it floated bottom side up.

I'm actually relieved that all I have to do is buy a servo and clean some mud. I flushed the motor when I got home, and it's full of WD40 and MMO. I'm not concerned about it.

-Joey

Rene,

So the OPS DAC -21 on the Vision was a hit this weekend?

What propellers did you test on it in the video?

Looked good for the first time out?

It corners like a hydro.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Mark it was going pretty good with a 442,a little more testing to do. Here is the vid.

Thanks, Rene

Look great Rene, flying high!

VERY hard to beat how a Vision corners IN RACE CONDITIONS!

Latest posts

Back