Blazer Marine Lauterbach Testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Blazer

Supporting Member
We tested our Lauterbach today.

1st video is a test with a stock RCMK S254 with a CC Racing 2" Aluminum Powermaster Pipe. 63 MPH in the video.

Lauterbach with Tuned Pipe

2nd video is the same boat/engine/prop, but instead of a tuned pipe, it is a straight exhaust (3' long coupler). Shocked the boat ran over 59mph! Now think about this...no pipe (minus $170) with about the same results. A little slower in the turns, but this is how the real boats ran anyway.

Lauterbach with Straight Exhaust

Brian

We tested our Lauterbach today.

1st video is a test with a stock RCMK S254 with a CC Racing 2" Aluminum Powermaster Pipe. 63 MPH in the video.

Lauterbach with Tuned Pipe

2nd video is the same boat/engine/prop, but instead of a tuned pipe, it is a straight exhaust (3' long coupler). Shocked the boat ran over 59mph! Now think about this...no pipe (minus $170) with about the same results. A little slower in the turns, but this is how the real boats ran anyway.

Lauterbach with Straight Exhaust

Brian
looking good brian, those are really cool looking boats and i got the chance to see the real lauterbach special here in town..id like to do a version of that boat..maybe this winter, i still have a t-boat i need to finish.

tk

Both runs looked great although it apeared like the piped set up carried the turns better from the video? lap times ?

I wonder if the engines stock timing numbers are just to low to complement the pipe ?

Gorgeous boat piped or not.

Tim

Good running boat Brian .I like the sound of the tuned pipe personaly.but is it worth it for 5mph prolly not..

Terry

Latest posts

Back