Blackbird 21 build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i TOTALLY understand terry.

i am not bragging.. but more trying to get this motor where i think it can go and then when people want to know how it works in my boat, i can tell them EXACTLY what to do.

I will say this.. I am suprised that the progress is moving forward this quickly.. usually this stuff take YEARS.. thank god it is SO FAR going good.

chris

i TOTALLY understand terry.
i am not bragging.. but more trying to get this motor where i think it can go and then when people want to know how it works in my boat, i can tell them EXACTLY what to do.

I will say this.. I am suprised that the progress is moving forward this quickly.. usually this stuff take YEARS.. thank god it is SO FAR going good.

chris
And are your R&D and consulting fees the usual $250/hr? Or are they just built into the price of the boat? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i wish. na i do the hard work so others that buy it don't have to. just wish it didn't take so long.

you know all about the r&d thing don't ya ;)

lol i wish. na i do the hard work so others that buy it don't have to. just wish it didn't take so long.
you know all about the r&d thing don't ya ;)
chris didnt you call it a mac with a red head..lol , just kidding man, i will be looking here real soon for some advice when "we" get my whip wet, any ideas on startup .. like prop and depth and angle? thanks man hope to see you and yer dad soon. later.

terry

Chris,

i went out testing yesterday

with a brand new nova 35 plus i did a little tweaking to,, i had a little 1445 at 45mm reduced blade aera with 3.21"cup

and the boat ran 73mph lap after lap by half of the straights , pulling a million rpm's ...lol

i forgot my pitch gauge and cupping pilers so will add alittle more to it for next test day

regards Aaron

Hey aaron.

interesting.. if i put that prop ( which i have one only 46mm and 3.3 ) it might was well be on there for a test weight.

our boats must be totally different

chris

Chris,i went out testing yesterday

with a brand new nova 35 plus i did a little tweaking to,, i had a little 1445 at 45mm reduced blade aera with 3.21"cup

and the boat ran 73mph lap after lap by half of the straights , pulling a million rpm's ...lol

i forgot my pitch gauge and cupping pilers so will add alittle more to it for next test day

regards Aaron
Aaron,

In keeping with Chris' efforts at transparency...can you fill us in on your hull and pipe?

Thanks,

Rick

Chris,

So how did the boat run this past weekend? 80 MPH yet ? :D

Thanks for The Report,

Mark Sholund

well guys i wish i had better news.

i am fighting something and i am not sure. haveing a VERY hard time getting the motor to go.. the heat was up this weekend to 85degrees. i think i have part of the issue pin pointed but i am not sure and for right now i am going to put this motor on hold and get my normal race program going until i have more time.

i tried 12 different props and nothing really works..

fwi mark that rotor we discussed DIDN'T WORK AT ALL.. not sure why but i wouldn't go.

i am certain on one thing for sure.. the motor likes short pipes.. other than that i don't know right now.

not giving up, just putting it on hold till i get more time to test.

will keep everyone posted once i find out more

chris

well guys i wish i had better news.
i am fighting something and i am not sure. haveing a VERY hard time getting the motor to go.. the heat was up this weekend to 85degrees. i think i have part of the issue pin pointed but i am not sure and for right now i am going to put this motor on hold and get my normal race program going until i have more time.

i tried 12 different props and nothing really works..

fwi mark that rotor we discussed DIDN'T WORK AT ALL.. not sure why but i wouldn't go.

i am certain on one thing for sure.. the motor likes short pipes.. other than that i don't know right now.

not giving up, just putting it on hold till i get more time to test.

will keep everyone posted once i find out more

chris
Chris, thanks for taking the time to post your test results. Good luck with your racing, this season. Richard D

i talked to don last night and he is unfortunaly having the same motor issue i am. i think it is just a matter of working with it some more. can't speak for don.. but i know after we had a good conversation he & myself are going through the same motor situation. i think for the time being he is getting a motor from someone and going to run the boat that way. he did say he think the boat is going to run real good.

chris

i talked to don last night and he is unfortunately having the same motor issue i am. i think it is just a matter of working with it some more. can't speak for don.. but i know after we had a good conversation he & myself are going through the same motor situation. i think for the time being he is getting a motor from someone and going to run the boat that way. he did say he think the boat is going to run real good.

chris
Yup, Chris & I spent a good bit talking last night about the RS-7 & are seeing the same things with the motor. Hopefully we will get it sorted out, just neither of us has any more time with races coming up & need to switch to something that works. Chris is going back to his NovaRossi & I'm dropping a loaner MAC in mine. The boat itself in the few times that I got it to go well with the RS-7 looked really good, hopefully with some consistent running I can see what it will be capable of. I have very high expectations that I think it will live up to. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
i talked to don last night and he is unfortunately having the same motor issue i am. i think it is just a matter of working with it some more. can't speak for don.. but i know after we had a good conversation he & myself are going through the same motor situation. i think for the time being he is getting a motor from someone and going to run the boat that way. he did say he think the boat is going to run real good.

chris
Yup, Chris & I spent a good bit talking last night about the RS-7 & are seeing the same things with the motor. Hopefully we will get it sorted out, just neither of us has any more time with races coming up & need to switch to something that works. Chris is going back to his NovaRossi & I'm dropping a loaner MAC in mine. The boat itself in the few times that I got it to go well with the RS-7 looked really good, hopefully with some consistent running I can see what it will be capable of. I have very high expectations that I think it will live up to. B)
Don and Chris, what pipes did you try on the Valvola, besides the OPS 3280? Richard D

Latest posts

Back