Blackbird 21 build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well since don hasn't had a chance to run his i will update on mine since it is basically the same boat

i am testing a new valvola this year for the fact people ask how the boat runs with it and i havn't to this point had a chance to say either way.

i run all last sunday. best speed was 70mph.

with that being said.. i tried 1450 props.. 50 x 69 h-7's

from the early testing i found it doesn't like big dia props

i will be testing others soon.

this is using a ops 3280 pipe.

corner speed is really really good so i think we will be on to something once we work the bugs out with props and motor work

hope i helped

chris

well since don hasn't had a chance to run his i will update on mine since it is basically the same boat
i am testing a new valvola this year for the fact people ask how the boat runs with it and i havn't to this point had a chance to say either way.

corner speed is really really good so i think we will be on to something once we work the bugs out with props and motor work

hope i helped

chris
I think you and Don are finding out the same thing about the bigger props on that Motor Combo.

hope i helped

chris
I think you and Don are finding out the same thing about the bigger props on that Motor Combo.
Yup. I'm going out Saturday & have more props & will also be testing a 3280 pipe. B)

hope i helped

chris
Chris,

What's been you're best speed with the Nova and 1450? I think that's your best prop for the Nova in your boat. Correct?

hey guys,

ya this motor is the 08 version.

best speed on a nova has been 74mph.. that is a 4lb race boat not trying to do any saw stuff.. just testing for racing.

and the best prop is a 1450 on my nova motors. 50 x 69 isn't bad but has a high freq hop that i don't like

hope i helped out

chris

hey guys,
ya this motor is the 08 version.

best speed on a nova has been 74mph.. that is a 4lb race boat not trying to do any saw stuff.. just testing for racing.

and the best prop is a 1450 on my nova motors. 50 x 69 isn't bad but has a high freq hop that i don't like

hope i helped out

chris
Finally someone with honest speeds, and I can tell you Chris has one of the fastest 20 hydros around!

Curious, how long you running that 3280?

terry,

i run it 8 1/8 using one of the guages we sell.

no point in blowing up speeds.. just the truth man.. you know how it is.

my fastest EVER was 76 on time 8yrs ago with a short stroke ( man i wish they still made them motors ) and the next lap was 72 so i really don't count that

chris

yes tried both 1716 & 1718 and didn't work at all.. messed with strut putting cup in and taking out.

didn't work

hope i helped

chris

Chris,

Which prop ran 70?

it was a h-7 bar cut.. old prop i don't use anymore i just had in the box.

it was hard getting going took a fair amount to get up on plane.. shouldn't be that hard

chris

Chris

maybe you need to run one of these on your nova..lol ;)

this prop pushes my scorpion 21 rigger with a nova 35 plus around mid 70mph's

all day long

regards Aaron

101_1233.JPG

rc_boats_115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice workmanship Don...

I don't want to sound to dumb but could you tell me how the shaft

oiler works.... I have never seen one like that....

Thanks

Joe

Nice workmanship Don...I don't want to sound to dumb but could you tell me how the shaft

oiler works.... I have never seen one like that....

Thanks

Joe
Thanks, I get kinda "picky" about builds and set ups. :p That's the Wood's oiler-

http://woodrcboatproducts.com/flex_shaft_oilers.htm

Clamps to the shaft tube & you drill a small hole through it in line with the hole inside the oiler and just fill it up each run. Neat, clean & compact. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrismaybe you need to run one of these on your nova..lol ;)

this prop pushes my scorpion 21 rigger with a nova 35 plus around mid 70mph's

all day long

regards Aaron

Aaron,

my nova already runs mid 70's all day long.. with that i use.

i am trying to get the new valvola up to par.

chris

Back