JAE 67/84 build up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also the lap joint (shingle) on the ski doesn't look right... should be trimmed or sanded smoother to not have such a step or gap.the boat maybe getting up on that strip of wood and causing it to track all over the place... it looks like the entire bottom of the sponson edges and hull edges could be trimmed up and sharpened with a sanding block.

turn fin definitely needs some work... sharpened and bent, shaped and aligned properly. If you get two arrowshafts and clamp one to the side of the hull and another to the turnfin about one inch from the top of the fin, you can visualize how they compare to each other.... same thing with the sponsons for setting toe in or out...

Rudder and strut also do not look right...
need to check alignment and that the rudder is not tucked under or kicked out...

I think if you take some time,, do a few adjustments and check your alignments... a lot of your handling problems will go away ..

was told by zipkits to only sharpen outside of turn fin, it is the .40 fin, will knock down all steps and check all alignments, more curvature in turn fin? also the tubes are the recommended solid 3/8 carbon tubes.
thanks for all replies.

Brandon

Brandon..... before you do anything...
re-read all of your instructions.. you may see something there that will pop out, now that you've had some time to run it.

also, look up pictures of riggers just like yours in the search section and ask lots of questions before you dive off into it... especially if your not sure of something.

You don't want to cause yourself more issues.. There are many people here that have been in your position and are more than happy to give you direction and suggestions for what worked and didn't work..

thanks for the advice, i did not recieve instructions, this is a short kit, but maybe i can refer to the .21 kit i built that handles great, are you thinking more or less curve on the fin, it is currently sharpened on the outside only per Zipkits, will check all hardware for straightness, Thanks again.

Back