JAE 67/84 build up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem (fin suddenly letting go) with an 0.050" fin braced to the hull on my .90 boat.

I went to 0.075" (14 ga) material and a little bigger, tried hard to bust it loose but couldn't.

I think those long fins on the JAE type hulls would work even better (and be more consistent) if you braced them to the tub.

full

full

Sorry for the Hijack, 😁

Last edited:
no problem Terry always looking for info.
Yes I have to do some thing with the long fin.
Need to order more Ti sheet used it all up already.
May just use SS it is easier to work with and make a thick aluminum backer down to almost the water line.
Will look in to different materials to se what is stiffer.
On the Eagle sponson it is not that long and closer mounting to the water line. so the Flex in the Ti is a good thing.
Not so good on this type sponson design.

I had the same problem (fin suddenly letting go) with an 0.050" fin braced to the hull on my .90 boat.

I went to 0.075" (14 ga) material and a little bigger, tried hard to bust it loose but couldn't.

I think those long fins on the JAE type hulls would work even better (and be more consistent) if you braced them to the tub.
Sorry for the Hijack, 😁
nice running boat! looks like you have power to spare

I had to make the boat tight to fight the thick turn fin. When I put the thin Ti fin on it was to tight.
Then it hit some thing in the water. TURTTLE!!!!!!
So I never had a chance to test the new set up with the sponson mods fully.
I gust got the new material to make a new fin set up with a backer.
There is a one day race in a few weeks in Melbourne and I will give it the true test then in open Hydo with some BIG gas boats.
Will do the set up on Friday before the race.
Eric is going to run his 92MPH Microburst 1.01 boat.
YA will see if I can keep up.....LOL
The end game is to come up with true a heat racing boat any one can build on there own.
I will have to come up with a different set up on the rear end that is easier to build.
Andy's rear end design is the bomb to keep the prop hooked up. Just need to simplify it so any one can build it on there own.

Well finally got to run the new setup and it is the BEST boat I have every driven.
It drives like a dream. It dose every thing you think it will do.
No second guessing.
No over steer no under steer very neutral boat.
Runs on rails.................
The rear end is hooked up perfect with the New ABC 38 bar props.
Can run circles around the buoys on one corner wide open and not miss a lick.
Time to do some more prop testing.
Next comes the VAC 1.05 install.
Hit a buoy at 80+ easy in the corner.
Not a scratch!!!!!!!
Right back in it went...............................STRONG LIKE BULLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Zegull Baby Zegull the best of both in one boat.
No need to reinvent the wheel just put the best of both in one.

Well finally got to run the new setup and it is the BEST boat I have every driven.
It drives like a dream. It dose every thing you think it will do.
No second guessing.
No over steer no under steer very neutral boat.
Runs on rails.................
The rear end is hooked up perfect with the New ABC 38 bar props.
Can run circles around the buoys on one corner wide open and not miss a lick.
Time to do some more prop testing.
Next comes the VAC 1.05 install.
Hit a buoy at 80+ easy in the corner.
Not a scratch!!!!!!!
Right back in it went...............................STRONG LIKE BULLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Zegull Baby Zegull the best of both in one boat.
No need to reinvent the wheel just put the best of both in one.
Are you drink beers too much lol

Dave,
What did you end up using for boom tubes? The hollow boom with the wood dial glued to the inside? Also what is the diameter of the booms on your two boats?

Well the boat is running very good with this set up.
But I want MORE.
This will be the test mule for my next eng build up.
RCMK R254 crank case with a Tiger King top end kit and a custom head button to run nitro.
Already started mocking it up and the R254 case will drop right in place with some new mounts.
I am going this way instead of the OPS 1.27 build up.
To much custom stuff and questionable things to move forward with it.
This build up will use off the shelf stuff with just a head button change and a custom carb I already have ready to go.
Will push this to the MAX and see what happens.
Very happy with the boat now time to make it stupid fast or bust...........
May be a few before I get it done but I keep you all posted on the progress.

Last edited:
Here we go the hammer is in place.........
1622082522780.png
1622082541403.png
Time to take it to the limit.
27cc nitro eng build up.
GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many laps will that fuel tank get you? Looks like a thirsty beast you are cramming in there.

How many laps will that fuel tank get you? Looks like a thirsty beast you are cramming in there.
We will see. 32oz should give some good run time. Can always change the boat to put a larger tank in. Only really needs to run 2 good laps......

Back