been away for years,what's a good hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lynx cut x442 from Sholund/ Props4U.

Readily available pipe, SPP rs-21 OB pipe.

If you can find a cooper, with an x442 from Sholumd and 60% Nitro, you have an out the box stock NR keep .21 that can run 58 mph.

Chuck and Others,

We have worked on the X-442 with a Lynx-Cut recently and have found even a little more.

However it is too much propeller for the stock O.S.-21 motor. I have to give Ron Drake, John Otto,

and Jay H. The credit for finding even more from the X-442 L/C.

Happy Holidays Everyone,

Mark Sholund

ive had great success with your props in the past on both nitro riggers n fe;s

how much for a 442 l/c? going to be running the nova rossi, os leg on a vision craft

Ron Shaw should be able to help with pipe info...he's got a nice running vision...I'm sure he will chime in...
Thanks Kent. My latest hull is a THOR 300. The best pipes I have used on the 21 outboards are the older Cooper pipe with the cast aluminum elbow, the Equi pipe with an Irwin 20 center section, the shorter HTB 21 pipe, and the carbon SPP and Gadget pipes. My personal favorite, a SPP 21 Carbon outboard pipe. Either the RS or NR versions in either muffled or non-muffled will work very well. I have added these pipes to my inventory. The good news, most all of these are available, but other than the HTB pipe, are relatively expensive.
what happened to the 295?? Changed already?

Kris,

The 295 ended up being a great stock boat, but suggestions from others warranted a longer and wider version, plus a couple of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic changes to support these crazy powerful new Novarossi outboard engines. The 470 gas/F, 355 for 45/46 power, and the 295 for stock are solid. Carl is now working on the 300 for 20 mod, and a 335 for 40/46 stock, and P FE Tunnel. Being a boat designer yourself, you know how new designs progress over time. Looking at pics of your fleet from the Herb Race, looks like your Dragon fleet is growing as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ron,

Designs do progress, but usually not just after selling a heap of them that were supposed to be the bees knees
default_rolleyes.gif

Kris,

Carl is still offering the 295. Im sure he can chime in and provide details of his business. I was just answering your question with the little I know. Just like many people run mod engines on the Shaman that was meant for a stock engine, I am sure there will be plenty of people that will continue to run mod engines on the 295. I have not seen any negative posts from those with 295's so it seems as though they are very happy. I personally like to heat race with a tunnel that I can hold wide open and not have to watch unless the conditions demand it, so I along with a couple others pressed Carl to make a longer 20 mod boat. I am a firm believer in lap times. Mike who calls for me most of the time will tell you I have a hard time letting off the trigger...lol

I know Ron, thanks for answering me
default_smile.png

I think most people are just scared to post the truth these days. It is not like Carl is Zeus or anything
default_smile.png

Mike L used to get crucifeid quite easily (yes I know I gave him a hard time) for the same reasons.

I know Ron, thanks for answering me
default_smile.png

I think most people are just scared to post the truth these days. It is not like Carl is Zeus or anything
default_smile.png
Anytime Kris. Carl is an old friend, and someone I have a lot of respect for his master boat designing skills as well. Beyond anything anyone can ever say, he has designed and sold more tunnel boats either by him, by his moulds, or by those that have attempted to copy his designs, than anyone else in the last 20 years. Only one close is another person I also have the utmost respect for, Tommy Lee. No one can argue that. You know boat designs very well, and can imagine the pains one would go through to make minor changes to plugs and moulds to sharpen a glass design over time. The modern age of lasers has given you boat designers the power to jump on CAD, and whip out a design change in a matter of minutes, send it to a cutter, and have a kit the end of the week. That power, and the addition of more powerful engines, can help catapult our hobby to even higher levels. We are just now starting to see tunnel records fall that have been in place for almost 2 decades. All I can say is keep designing guys, and that goes for Carl, you, and many others that are still out there pushing tunnel designs to higher levels. At the end of the day, people will buy the design that wins races!!!...
default_wink.png

If you want a 3.5 lawless leg right away call John Otto at technology hobbies he has one sitting in His showcase ready to go.

(813) 651-1840

He can also get you setup with all the misc stuff you need like servos and cables etc.

Matt

Latest posts

Back