been away for years,what's a good hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron Shaw should be able to help with pipe info...he's got a nice running vision...I'm sure he will chime in...

Ron Shaw should be able to help with pipe info...he's got a nice running vision...I'm sure he will chime in...
Thanks Kent. My latest hull is a THOR 300. The best pipes I have used on the 21 outboards are the older Cooper pipe with the cast aluminum elbow, the Equi pipe with an Irwin 20 center section, the shorter HTB 21 pipe, and the carbon SPP and Gadget pipes. My personal favorite, a SPP 21 Carbon outboard pipe. Either the RS or NR versions in either muffled or non-muffled will work very well. I have added these pipes to my inventory. The good news, most all of these are available, but other than the HTB pipe, are relatively expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a cooper, if you can find one. On an O.S. just run the muffler already on it, and get either a lynx cut x442, or an abc 40/52 3 blade.

ok so here it goes. ordered a vision hull (i allready know i like them), going to step up and put a NR on the back with an OS leg. here are my questions so i can start collecting parts.

what motor mount? i always used the hi jacker in the past but cant find them anymore

what are the best plugs for that motor? (turbo)

what starting prop? is props4u still around?

what servos are the hot ones? pprob go with a 4pl futaba transmitter, used a 4pk before but no need to spend the money for just 1 boat in the fleet

Fuel tank?

what % fuel? this is tricky because im limited to what the LHS has. shipping fuel to the island is an issue.

it seems as if not that much has changed in the past 5 years since i played nitro but since im stepping up i want this to be as nice as possible.

f anyone will take a few pictures of their race ready vision it would be greatly appreciated. just want to see how the steering cables and stuff are being done. the last one i built was FE so the radio box was totally different

thanks

OS or Lawless work great on a Vision .I personally like OS just cause I have a few of them. For servos I like Savox ,and yes Mark props4u is still around, I would start with a m440 or 442 Mark would know better than me. Glow plugs I have been using O'Donnell V2 289t plugs. We have a few Visions at our pond and they are great boats.

Rene

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck, you may want to contact Mark Leyde on these boards...I know he used to make the Nova Rossi conversion for OS lower units.

Back