Atlanta Action

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Knesek

My son & I just arrived in Atlanta after 13 hours of driving. It seems like someone in the area has a wireless router that they are willing to share with the world so with a little luck, I'll share a few action shots each day from my 13 year old's perspective.

If someone can respond with guidence on getting photos loaded on the server's gallary, I'd sure be greatful.

Stay tuned & patient. We'll see what we can come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe,

I didn't know you were going to be able to go to Atlanta. That is GREAT!

I guess that Joe Jr. is going to be running his new 3.5cc O/B Tunnel this weekend. Hey, Mitch Attwell Jr. is also going to be there with his dad. These two young drivers are going to have a great time racing this weekend. I think Mitch Jr is eleven this year. How old is Joe Jr.?

Having these young competitive drivers show up is GREAT! We look forward to seeing some pictures.

Good luck guys!

Carl

VansRacing said:
Joe,

I guess that Joe Jr. is going to be running his new 3.5cc O/B Tunnel this weekend. Hey, Mitch Attwell Jr. is also going to be there with his dad. These two young drivers are going to have a great time racing this weekend. I think Mitch Jr is eleven this year. How old is Joe Jr.?

Having these young competitive drivers show up is GREAT! We look forward to seeing some pictures.

Good luck guys!

Carl

96553[/snapback]

He's 13 but for this race, Dad's going to race the boat to get it "dialed in". One of the perks of paying for it right?

I guess the sponsor does get to call the shots.

Well, you are walking into a slue of HTB boys over there from what I understand.

Mark Hopper and his team will not be a cake walk.

I think that with your boat, there is only going to be 3 Lynx there in the whole show. Mitch Jr said he likes it that way. LOL That boy...He might do like Big Daddy-Mike Rushing did at that race one time, they were all coming down to the start, (and Big Daddy is a big boy) he snaped the trigger off his radio going into the first turn!!! This is no joke, I was beside him when he did it.

The competition is tough in Atlanta. I know some guys that have been racing for years and have never won the Atlanta Spring Race....Like Earnhart and the Winston 500. Maybe one day Ron will win it....OPPPS! Sorry Ron.

Carl,

i wanted to be there too but didnt get my entry in fast enough for the 21 outboard class so i have to sit home and wait .all my local friends are there but me darn it!!!watch out for a yellow and black htb its bad got a air cool mac .21on it. i my see yall sunday its 3 1/2 drive.

allen

Scott,

Are you going to make it over this weekend? We're tented just past the entrance by the lagoon if you get here.

-Bobby

Scooter12195 said:
Ain't technology wonderful!
:D

Scott

96534[/snapback]

BOBBYH said:
Scott,    Are you going to make it over this weekend? We're tented just past the entrance by the lagoon if you get here.

-Bobby

Scooter12195 said:
Ain't technology wonderful!
:D

Scott

96534[/snapback]

96633[/snapback]

It was really good seeing you and Bob again at Atlanta Bobby. I'm going to be doing some serious building now and will be down to run with you guys in Columbia soon!! I think I'm finally caught up on technology advances since the 80's.

:p ;)

Scott

I'll have to give a thumbs up to the guys that stayed and endured the weather on Sunday. Sautrday was tough on the Tunnels. We got in three rounds of 20 Tunnels and I only finished a heat with the 40 tunnel none with the 20 Tunnel and I don't think Jimmy or John did as well. We got up Sunday morning and the temp was 37 and winds were predicted to be 20 mph. Not having the coats for that weather and 6 hrs to dirve we gave it up. Guess I'm getting old and too much of a fair weather boater!

Mark

VansRacing said:
Joe,

Good luck guys!

Carl

96553[/snapback]

Hey Mr. Carl,

I'm a little older than that. 14, turnin 15 at the end of this year. I managed to keep the trigger on there this time.lol. Mr. Knesek, keep workin' with that setup to get the hop out and you could have a good runnin Lynx. I was surprised at how competitive that boat was right out of the box. Hopefully the next race it won't be about surving the weather. Good luck.

~Mitch Atwell Jr.~

jaxracer said:
VansRacing said:
Joe,

Good luck guys!

Carl

96553[/snapback]

Hey Mr. Carl,

I'm a little older than that. 14, turnin 15 at the end of this year. I managed to keep the trigger on there this time.lol. Mr. Knesek, keep workin' with that setup to get the hop out and you could have a good runnin Lynx. I was surprised at how competitive that boat was right out of the box. Hopefully the next race it won't be about surving the weather. Good luck.

~Mitch Atwell Jr.~

96868[/snapback]

:)

~James

Sorry for the lack of photos.

Rule #1...Remember to bring the camera to the pond!

I've got to say that the twin shoot out lived up to all of the hype. I had the oppertunity to watch 4 of the finalist prep for the main and believe me, they were all hyped up more than I can remember.

At the end of the day the best man won. Mitch was on his game the whole weekend. The water laid down for the main & when Don hit the start, I thought we had it in the bag but Mitch stayed calm and raced his race.

Back