Anyone ever buy the cheap ebay bud hydro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

I was thinking about buying one of these cheap boats:

boat on ebay

should be $50 delivered. I was thinking of either

a) fun boat for my 6 year old son

B) retrieve boat

c) drop a .21 in it and destroy it for fun!

anybody know about these? what are they made of? what ya think?

boat on ebay

B) retrieve boat

Yes Tom ,

I've done the conversion and don't be fooled with a 21 it's a rocket , I too had visions of putting one together for my eldest doughter for fun well I think I'll be racing it with the riggers it's quick and handles verry well. (now anyway after some alterations)

I've put some pics in my gallery if any one is interested.

I paid $60AUD delivered pritty cheep.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, saw your pics... kinda what gave me the idea. is it plastic? Fiberglass?

Tom,

It is a abs injected molded product.

All the parts fit quite well though for a toy.

I have sent you an Email with more details.

It was worthwile modifiying it's quick and handles quite well.

We had a couple of those running over here, as a toy its fine, and performs decently. HOWEVER, watch out for its radio system, one of the guys who had it had to get everyone who was on 27mhz to turn off their radios, as if anyone was on, regardless of frequency, his boat would just lie there dead.

If your going to mod it, should be awesome, the hull is quite nice.

Good luck, and have fun

Yes I agree the radio thats supplied toss it in the bin don't use it is crap.

I'm using my trusty JR R-1 and digi servo on rudder and a mini JR servo for throttle and have installed a decent fibre glass radio box.

I'm now currently modifying a pro boat 1/12 bud with the same mods for one of my mates.

That should make it get up and go too. As in std trim is a slug........nice boat though.

Jasper

Can you send me some information on the mods also.

and how do you see the pictures you have posted.

Thanks Ken

Yes I agree the radio thats supplied toss it in the bin don't use it is crap.

I'm using my trusty JR R-1 and digi servo on rudder and a mini JR servo for throttle and have installed a decent fibre glass radio box.

I'm now currently modifying a pro boat 1/12 bud with the same mods for one of my mates.

That should make it get up and go too. As in std trim is a slug........nice boat though.

Kenrc PM me you email and I'll send to you some pics and the alterations I did to the hydro.

Here is the link to my gallery so you can have a look

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=394

Happy modifying............................Hope I've helped

Oh another thing the boats are painted in enamel and the good old nitro eats it so you will need to rub down and respray with decent paint.

I think mine will go mini Frosted flakes.

This looks like a lot of fun Tom. A good motor mount and stuffing tube and it may be scary. Cant go wrong at 50 Bucks. Good job jasper.

Larry Jr.

This looks like a lot of fun Tom. A good motor mount and stuffing tube and it may be scary. Cant go wrong at 50 Bucks. Good job jasper.

Larry Jr.
Thanks Larry,

It is a lot of fun to run too.

And apart from the Parts I used that where lying around was cheep to build.

It only took around 4 hrs to do the mods.

Just bought one Tom, 44.99 shipped to my door. I got a brand new ops 21 and a Mac 21 sittin around. Mac may come in to play cause of exhaust will be easier. My dad Im sure is laughing his ass off at me right now with his 55mph sport 20. Ill post pics when I start chopping it up.

Larry Jr.

Larry Jr have you got yours yet?????

Yes Just got mine today!!! Man, its a piece of crap and I love it!!!! Im not gunna lie, The joining of the top and bottom of hull is crap, but the rigidity of the hull is pretty good. I havent cut it up yet, but plan on doing it soon. Im impressed with the bottoms of the front sponsons, the lines are pretty good and somwhat sharp. I thought for sure that I would want to change them, but Im gunna try them how they are. Boat doesnt have a high tunnel at all, it will be interesting to see how it handles at high speeds. Im putting rudder on right side of prop, and of course a HUGE turn fin(I have on all my boats). Im gunna offset the 21 engine about an inch to the right and place the tank in the right sponson. This is gunna be a fun boat fellas, Im just as excited about butchering this boat as I am running my new Twin Roadrunner. For what it is, $45 is about right, for what we want to do to it, $45 is a steal, worth every penny. Post pics soon.

Larry Jr.

How light would it be gutted? You think 12 cells and a brushless would do it justice?

Yea the Boat isn't that heavy with all the guts cut out of it and not too much heavier than a hand lay up glassed one either.

I would say for electric replace the existing motors with you brushless type and you would have a ball tearer on your hands.

No seriously it would be fine to mod for an electric.

Hey Tom & Speed JR,

Hows ya ebay hydros going have you got em going yet???show us some pics

boat on ebay

B) retrieve boat

good looking boat but has a straight shaft that has coupler problem. it would be a great boat for a 6 year old runs about 20 to 25 mph and very stable and easy to drive

Latest posts

Back