Anyone ever buy the cheap ebay bud hydro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo.... what happened ??, did it just die or was it no good fast ..???

what props ran ok on it ??

i won one for 1$ plus ship,

it should suit my pond , ie disposable hull , LOL's

now what motor to put in it

Jase

Last edited by a moderator:
Soo.... what happened ??, did it just die or was it no good fast ..???

what props ran ok on it ??

i won one for 1$ plus ship,

it should suit my pond , ie disposable hull , LOL's

now what motor to put in it

Jase

OK, ran it with a cheap OPS 21, H10 prop, and yes I have tried all the X series props on it. This hull simply will not be consistantly fast. Has far too much flex in it. It will be far more suitable with a 12-18 size engine. The bottoms of the front sponsons grab way to much while riding flat. to go fast the boat needs to release more in the front, but this isnt possible without blowing off. The only way I can think of correcting this is with adding some riding strips to the front sponson bottoms. I havent tried it yet and wont cause I pulled the parts off of it. It simply wont compete with my fathers sport 20, and, well, to be honest, If I cant beat my dad, I aint runnin it :lol: I still cant believe the strait away record for sport 20 in IMPBA is only 54mph or so. Im still buggin my dad to go to some record trials. He ran 53mph at YORKVILLE record trials 7 years ago, and his boat is much faster now. Too bad they didnt have records for it back then, then maybe he'd do more than one run. Ill have to steal it one night and come out to Huntsville or somthin. Anyways, it was a fun project, but its a sport boat at best, not a race boat. I wont run with a Phil Thomas 20 though or a scratch. If I were u I would still start with a dinky X series prop that everyone else runs on their sport 20's. I know everyone may say "an h10? U gotta be kidding!" well it has nothin to do with the boat or engine, its just a different setup. My father runs a bigger prop but he has a far superior engine. Go out and have fun with it. try everything, maybe youll find something I overlooked. It did turn really good. ;)

Larry Jr.

yeah . at the pond we have some concrete pipes feeding storm water into it.

one guess where my 21 jag ended up . Yeah, up the small pipe without any sponsons...

i swear it was a radio problem , but i may have just pushed to hard..

so i dont run fast boats in that pond ,

anymore unless they are DISPOSABLE....

LOL's

Later :p

Hey i think some fun can be had , why not ?

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
You could save take out parts add some PVC pipe, pool noodles ,a large water proof tupperware type container and BAM retrieve boat

Back