AJM Rev 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put mine on the right hand side, since my carb fuel inlet just always ends up on the left hand side. I try and keep the pipe away from the fuel inlet, so it goes on the opposite side. its all preference JB.

In theory the pipe on the right side will counteract the torque of motor/prop....and it helps on many set ups.Gill

You have the turn fin and the rudder on the right side. Then you add in the pipe, header and the pipe mount on the right side. It puts more weight on the right side. Not for me, my pipe is on the left side and it is more balanced on the straights and even more important in the turns. Allows more balance and the 21's are most affected by balance issues. Think about it.

Hmmmmm. On my JAE boats I've tried pipe on the left and right ,rudder on the left and right and seen zero difference. Until you try you don't know.........so don't say u know unless you have tried

Hmmmmm. On my JAE boats I've tried pipe on the left and right ,rudder on the left and right and seen zero difference. Until you try you don't know.........so don't say u know unless you have tried
Oh believe me I have tried many different hulls and engine packages over the past 20+ years. I have the experience and MANY hours of testing over those years to back it up. Some packages are more sensitive than others, some little.

Exactly. What I meant was it depends on the boat. If you don't try you don't know :)

I put mine on the right hand side, since my carb fuel inlet just always ends up on the left hand side. I try and keep the pipe away from the fuel inlet, so it goes on the opposite side. its all preference JB.
Same reasoning as me. Oh and I never launch my own boats......

Back