AJM Rev 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! I tried the H-6 and the H-5 that Mark Sholund sent me to try out this weekend. I'm diggin' the H-5. The H-6 launched really easy but it didn't hook up nearly as good as the H-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the newest version of Anthony's Masterpiece. I made a few changes to this version and to the way its built. Should be even better then the Rev2. A little longer boat, narrower tub and ply with balsa sandwiched for the tub sides. Im loving the way the Rev2 is working and the way it handle the rougher race water and stays hooked up pretty well. This one should stay hooked up even better yet. Im still working on gaining with the Rev2, but figure we might as well make another one while Im at it :) Anyhow, here is a design drawing.

AJMRev3.jpg

Those sponsons look extremely narrow. Any particular reason for this, or am I just old fashioned?

Your just old fashioned ;)

Less drag on the water.

They are a little wider then in the picture. The picture they are 3/4 inches wide. Once the bottom skin is on there, they overhang 1/8 inch on each side for a total width of 1" just dont need to be any wider then that my friend.

I thought about making them a little different shape, but would just make building more difficult.

looks great... Nothing wrong with the one you are dialing in though!!!! you'll have it rippin soon... I'm going to actually go run a boat this week.. I found I pipe I bought for the kids Wildthing .12,... nice looking .12 marine pipe... I think I'm going to set it up and give it a try this week... hoping they take interest soon!!!

and YES,.. I have wanted to make different shapes on the sponons... but the square shape is really easy to build and with a drill press you can get the sponson pins straight real easy... Someday I want to make a sport21 based on that design somehow..

Tony, I agree. Absolutely nothing wrong with the V2. It eats up the water. Just think the added length will help even more keeping the prop planted. Its all about R&D buddy!!

Tony, I agree. Absolutely nothing wrong with the V2. It eats up the water.
Your's will eat now with a real deal Novarossi under the cowl, Rodney, it was just nibbling a bit with that Slow GO. ;) :lol: Race one or chase one they say. B) Pulsetech, Rodney finally got his Rev 2 out on a race course at the last TCMBC race, and it ran really well.

Back together with the new motor, GO pipe and ZOOM carb. Ready to run her again this weekend. Is it Sunday yet?!?!?

20120718_173846.jpg

20120718_173915.jpg

20120718_173935.jpg

Gil, last weekend was my initial test on it. I am comparing it to the S-Pipe, and I can tell you I was launching props last weekend, on a VERY rich setup, that the S-Pipe wouldnt pull. The GO pulled with EASE. They were both at 8 inches long. Hoping this is the last weekend of break in on the motor, or at least starting to loosen up enough I can start to needle it and add even more prop. Then we will get a good test of the pipe.

But so far, It seems to be an awesome all around pipe. AND, a TORQUE MONSTER in comparison to the S-Pipe.

Rodney,.. what did you seal your boat with? It looks like it could have used another coat.. anyway,,, on the pipe thing.. were you testing these back to back,.. S pipe and the Go pipe on the same engine on the same day? Just wondering,.. The GO pipe looks just like the S pipe or a copy of the S pipe to me.. I would have expected similar performance..

Anthony, they have distinct differences. You need to go recheck that. and yes, back to back. nothing changed except pipe. Same length, same header, same props, same everything just minutes apart.

And that spot you see is where the adjustment slot is, and it likely didnt get sealed well there. No need for another coat.......

But please do go compare the two pipes. The flat band is smaller on the GO, and the angle on the front AND rear cone are different.... You can see if fairly easy in Mark's pictures of the two side by side....

Maybe I'll get one.. the price is right on the GO pipe for sure.. Though the s pipe seems to be working for me now.. looking forward to hearing your results from testing this weekend.

for sure. to be fair, it was very rich as well. So I will retest them again once I can start needling the motor some

What`s the philosaphy on which way to run the exhaust left or right? They has to be a diff with g-force and all.

Latest posts

Back