A90/A45 Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the information of most people on the subject of the A series motors...A does NOT STAND for Averianov but an engineering term ANGSTROM meaning precision as the letter is not an A if you inspect the motors carefully.

This is where OUR name was also derived PRECISION IN PERFECTION....the soul distributors of the engines world wide and MIKE BONTOFF is not one of our AUTHORISED DISTRIBTORS OR DEALERS. In Europe he would be classed as a grey importer without full backup rites.

He will not give the correct guarantee and does not sell the motors complete .

If people wish to ask more on this subject and get the true and correct answers please feel free to contact me any time and I will be more than willing to discuss the authorised American distributors for our products.

For more interest all the Swedish Offshore team including the World champ are now using OUR motors.

Apologies I Know I should not be advertizing but this matter has to be nipped in the bud.

???

regards

Paul Firmin

Hello Paul

I am dealing with Nikolai Averianov and he says the "A" series of engines is his product and that P.I.P. had not been doing a very good job selling the engines since it was aquired from its original owner and that he is forced to find other dealers. This is in a letter he sent to me. If I am dealing with an imposter and this information is incorrect please let me know and I will correct the situation.

Sincereley

Mike

;D HI Guys,

I have my A 90 all set and ready to go! I was wondering if there was a baseline of sort to get me started and running in a good spot to work with(i.e. pipe length, mixture control setting...)? :eek:It looks as if the warm weather is ready to show up, and melt all the ICE! I can't wait to run this boat and see what the results will be.

Thanks again for the help.

Andy

Hi All,

I had the pleasure of pitting with Ian (Nitrocrazed) at a State titles here on the weekend, and I have to say I am very impressed by the performance of his A90HP / hummingbird. Although the results did not indicate it, the motor was seriously fast, strong and reliable, and easy to start. The thing was bending stainless h50's!

When Ian get's the handling sorted and a prop that won't bend this will be a boat to watch out for - no question.... very under rated motor for sure.

Thanks for travelling over to the east coast to race with us Ian!

Tim.

Tim,

I flew in safely but had to drag my box half a mile to the taxi pickup zone. > :(

Thanks for picking me up and dragging me around! Otherwise there was no way I could have made it! And thanks to the members of the NSW model boat club and the ACT members for putting on a good race! ;D

More practice required... :-

Nitrocrazed racing: The more I practice the luckier I get.

Andy,

Sorry, I have been away for a few days and didn't see your post.

What pipe do you have? Due to the differences in pipe design it is a bit difficult to give suggestions without knowing the pipe. I run my MP-92 Bolly at 11.8 inches from the widest point to the dot above the A on the case.

I cant really give a mixture recommendation as there are way too many variables!

Good luck!

Ian.

Hi Ian,

I'm running a mac 15cc tuned pipe. With my header and pipe uncut, I have a total of 16" from plug to center of pipe. I was thinking that if I bring it down to about 13"-14" this should get me started. I can always shorten more if need be correct?

Andy

MAC 15cc pipe works well with 285-305mm.

The setup on one of my 90 SG with a K90 (9,0:1 cr) and 1667 5,8"cup is 295mm and 40% Nitro.

Anders

Back